It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Concepcion' Crater Anomalies. An Intelligent Designed Object and A Skull

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thought this look cool

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by rdunk
I am glad that you see the skull, but I am not sure just why you think it is a natural formation.

rdunk, why is it so difficult for you to understand the concept of pareidolia?

.............................................................................................................
hello mccrom - I have absolutely no problem with "understanding the concept of Pareidolia. It is a normal brain function that allows each of us to recognize familiar people, familiar objects, familiar animals, and all of the other familiar etceteras................................What i don't understand, nor accept, is the erroneous and constant skeptical diagnosis of most-every posted anomaly being attributed to an error in that common brain function, of the serious posting OP, or of the non-skeptical commenting/ reply person.

Pareidolia must be taught in "Being a True Skeptic 101", because it is so commonly used, by skeptics, to try and "debunk" anomaly posts. While, every now and then, I see postings that include anomalies that I don't see either, that doesn't necessarily mean it is a Pareidolia problem.

But, quite frankly, I really just don't pay any attention tho that type of debunking.

That is a long answer to a short question, but I hope I have adequately explained my thoughts on Pare..d!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Why don't you take a stroll through this related thread from 2009 and look for similarities.

I just skimmed it, looks like in this case they are discussing a so-called "skull" (like yours, it's just a rock) in some of the photos taken by the other Rover, Spirit.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What i don't understand, nor accept, is the erroneous and constant skeptical diagnosis of most-every posted anomaly being attributed to an error in that common brain function,

but why were my anomaly discoveries any different?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by rdunk

Why don't you take a stroll through this related thread from 2009 and look for similarities.

I just skimmed it, looks like in this case they are discussing a so-called "skull" (like yours, it's just a rock) in some of the photos taken by the other Rover, Spirit.

...............................................................................................
ProudBird, I did go to that thread, and for the primary item, which was presented as possibly a skull, it doesn't look like a skull to me. The "rock" could have some work on it, but it is nothing I would take a second look at. But then, I did not take any time to study it, nor look at it in detail. I am interested in finding the real stuff, that can give each of us new evidence of life and civilization on Mars.

By the way, the "skull" in your thread is absolutely nothing like what you refer to as "mine"!

Thanks for your comments!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There are many fascinating objects to look at in the image, including the object that appears as a skull. As Corruption Exposed pointed out, it is a round smooth object while the remainder of the material appears to have sharp angular lines and that is very intriguing. Unfortunately, the resolution and distance of the original image doesn't appear to provide any of the detail needed to closely study the object and any conclusions would just be speculation. The fact this is located in an impact crater makes it difficult to think it is anything other than a unique geological object. It's just too bad the rover couldn't have passed closer to these objects.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sorry but.....any form of material that would comprise a Alien or Human skull would be long disintegrated over time....especially that mars has an atmosphere and severe dust storms.

Mars once may have hosted life but when it's liquid metalic core cooled to the point of no longer spinning thus......no protective magnetic field....like Earth enjoys and keeps us very much alive thank you....all possible life on Mars would have died.....Oceans boiled off and water vapor split radiation and UV light from the sun into it's base elements.

No matter how manny times I explain to a specific family member....that when you boil a pot of water....it does not seperate H20 into seperate Hydrogen and oxygen atoms....but instead just becomes a different state of water...because of the temp.....thus....colder....you get a solid...ice.....212 F. or 100 C....you get water vapor....which is H20 Molecules seperated apart from other H20 via temp.

In between 32F and 212F.....we have water in a liquid form. The Oceans of Mars not only boiled off they were chemically reacted to elemental states that eventualy were Solar Blown Off the Planet.

By the way....I beg of anyone here...PLEASE don't bring up support for intelligent design. If you want to believe in GOD I respect that....But intelligent design books are absolute nonsense and have no right to be taught to kids because it is a LIE....and a provable lie at that! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

What i don't understand, nor accept, is the erroneous and constant skeptical diagnosis of most-every posted anomaly being attributed to an error in that common brain function,

but why were my anomaly discoveries any different?

.................................................................................................................................
Hey mcrom, I really like your avatar! I am glad to see you here. I remembered the mcrom, but not the number, so didn't know who it was until I followed your link. I have found this forum to be such a better place for at least relatively balanced discussions, than was the other. There, it was "debunking ruled", all of the way up, as far as anomalies are concerned. Lot of good people there though! And i still go to read what is happening there too.

Relative to your question about a prior post there - - I did go to see what you are referring to. About the same time you posted, there was already the usual debunking going on. I really did not pay much attention to your "finds" noted on my screenshot. My reasons for that were:

1. I had learned that a debunking technique often used, especially for a more serious anomaly, is to generate a "smokescreen" of more anomaly finds, to take attention away from the posted anomaly.
2. The lines that you drew to highlight, one, to make two black dots look more like a face, and then the lines "in the feathers", to depict more faces, just didn't strike me as real anomalies.

I don't think that I replied nor commented on your specific "finds", and that is why.

Mcrom, I do really look forward to discussions with you here, and I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinceg
There are many fascinating objects to look at in the image, including the object that appears as a skull. As Corruption Exposed pointed out, it is a round smooth object while the remainder of the material appears to have sharp angular lines and that is very intriguing. Unfortunately, the resolution and distance of the original image doesn't appear to provide any of the detail needed to closely study the object and any conclusions would just be speculation. The fact this is located in an impact crater makes it difficult to think it is anything other than a unique geological object. It's just too bad the rover couldn't have passed closer to these objects.

...............................................................................................
vinceg, thanks for the comments. Just FYI, many of the anomalous objects that I have found are in and around several different "impact craters". And most all of them have no relationship to "geology"! Just like the anomalies in this OP! Rover Opportunity took the photos,, and they are right there in the pics.

And yes, there are lot of Mars stuff that I have seen, and thought, "if we could just get a better picture, or if we could just get a closer pic, and or, if we could just ask the subject to turn this way.
It would be a lot easier to identify an object as an anomaly! Yes, otherwise sometimes speculation is brought in.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Sorry but.....any form of material that would comprise a Alien or Human skull would be long disintegrated over time....especially that mars has an atmosphere and severe dust storms.

Mars once may have hosted life but when it's liquid metalic core cooled to the point of no longer spinning thus......no protective magnetic field....like Earth enjoys and keeps us very much alive thank you....all possible life on Mars would have died.....Oceans boiled off and water vapor split radiation and UV light from the sun into it's base elements.

No matter how manny times I explain to a specific family member....that when you boil a pot of water....it does not seperate H20 into seperate Hydrogen and oxygen atoms....but instead just becomes a different state of water...because of the temp.....thus....colder....you get a solid...ice.....212 F. or 100 C....you get water vapor....which is H20 Molecules seperated apart from other H20 via temp.

In between 32F and 212F.....we have water in a liquid form. The Oceans of Mars not only boiled off they were chemically reacted to elemental states that eventualy were Solar Blown Off the Planet.

By the way....I beg of anyone here...PLEASE don't bring up support for intelligent design. If you want to believe in GOD I respect that....But intelligent design books are absolute nonsense and have no right to be taught to kids because it is a LIE....and a provable lie at that!

...........................................................................................................
Hi SplitInfity, I appreciate your comments. But, the Mars anomaly stuff is still there, on Mars, in and around a lot of different places. This includes the skull anomaly. We really don't know that much about Mars, as is evidenced by the frequent NASA news reports that are even changing things we thought we knew (or at least changing what the public has been told, like "water on the planet"). So, one just can't be certain about much there, and for sure, when evidence is presented that shows otherwise, like the anomalies of this OP.

And regarding intelligent design, I am referring to intelligent civilization design, on Mars. However, I am an absolute believer in "universal intelligent design", and that cannot be disputed/proven otherwise by science either. So, I cannot go along with your last request, except that I do respect your feelings and beliefs relative to it.
edit on 4-12-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

RDUNK....Nice to meet you! I respect your beliefs in a GOD and through this GOD creation occured. I just have issue with those nut jobs with the Intel Design Books.....that are basicly a LIE!

Anything is possible. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

..............................................................................................
.Nice to meet you! I respect your beliefs in a GOD and through this GOD creation occured. I just have issue with those nut jobs with the Intel Design Books.....that are basicly a LIE!

Anything is possible. Split Infinity
Spit Infinity, it is good to meet you too! And yes, I do agree with your comment about all things being possible! I do look forward to getting to know you better in "discussions to come", as we try to figure out some of the crazy stuff on this planet, and in our solar system. Who knows what we might find??

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Hehe, try this. This guy is pretty knowledgeable about all this stuff. Keith Laney. He does not do "grainy" from what I've seen and explains it all quite well too.

Good Mars Photos and Lots of Them

ETA All custom imagery use restricted without permission. All rights reserved

Hence I didn't link any of his photos, just the site itself. He has many photos of many different things, not just Mars and he appears to be quite the expert too. Its a cool site he has.
edit on 3/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

reply to post by thetiler

Whatever it is, I love the colours! Good find!

edit on 3/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

Keith Laney have a look at his pathfinder or rat finder link on his web page to see how a so called expert can be fooled!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

exactly right its just part of human nature for us to see images in natural object clouds the grain of wood etc

ps love your avatar heineken mmmmm

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
But, IMO, it is not "human nature" to deny seeing what is obvious and actually presented/present in a photo! To do that requires personal direct motive, purpose, and alternative intentions, which are also generally obvious.

Just say'in!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

....it is not "human nature" to deny seeing what is obvious and actually presented/present in a photo!

It is exactly Human nature, we are a species that relies on vision a great deal, and it is "hard wired" into our brains for that reason.

It is simple paredolia.

Here:

www.neatorama.com...

Look at this image of a flower:

What do you see? It is really not any different from the many, many people who see the "virgin mary" or "jesus" in a pizza, or a piece of toast.....or, the ones who see shapes in a cloud.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

rdunk and arianna seperated at birth it seems!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But, IMO, it is not "human nature" to deny seeing what is obvious and actually presented/present in a photo! To do that requires personal direct motive, purpose, and alternative intentions, which are also generally obvious.

Just say'in!

Here you go fill your boots!

astro.wsu.edu...

Some really huge skulls here on planet earth!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

"rdunk and arianna seperated at birth it seems"!

The quoted"debunker" post is very insensitive, and it is meant to be personally derogatory to myself and another member..

"Moderation" is requested to stop such ridiculous comments from this quoted member!!
edit on 6-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

"rdunk and arianna seperated at birth it seems"!

The quoted"debunker" post is very insensitive, and it is meant to be personally derogatory to myself and another member..

"Moderation" is requested to stop such ridiculous comments from this quoted member!!
edit on 6-12-2011 by rdunk because: correction

Well that's your take on it but as from a previous post you seem to be easily confused so I will explain it means you are two equally confused and mistaken individuals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join