It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking Company Cuts Off Clean Water Shipments to Community They Contaminated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Fracking Company Cuts Off Clean Water Shipments to Community They Contaminated

news.firedoglake.com

Families in a northeastern Pennsylvania village with tainted water wells will have to procure their own water for the first time in nearly three years as a natural-gas driller blamed for polluting the aquifer moves ahead with its plan to stop paying for daily deliveries.
Houston-based Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. ended delivery of bulk and bottled water to 11 families in Dimock on Wednesday. Cabot asserts Dimock’s water is safe to drink and won permission from state environmental regulators
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The water is not even drinkable yet the state says it is ok for drinking ..... I know fracking is an issue and this is just the beginning of the problem with our aquafiers and contamination from fracking caused by the mini-quakes which fracking cause.........

Fracking is noe happening worldwide and it is a serious threat to the people and the environment as poison is pumped into the ground and the shallow quakes which accompany all cracking sites will facilliate the destruction of groundwater supplies ...

and then the company just buys the regulators and does what it wants!

news.firedoglake.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow that company should have to pay to clean that mess up! And pay for clean water in the mean time.. I mean they have to be liable....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Heck, these Frackers deny that the fluid they pump into the ground is even slightly hazardous. This will only get worse.

I remember from another thread about a pond holding recovered fluid in Arkansas. Some cattle from a neighboring property drank water from the pond and it killed most of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Frack their skulls.

There is no room on this planet for something that vile.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We need more info on this.
WHO tested the water and gave the OK on it's potability? Need name of company/ dept. and names of it's officials.
Was it an independent lab? Are the results of the analysis available? Is there a connection between the lab and the gas company? We need to know if there are any personal links between these affiliates.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in the rest of the country not affected by Fracking, propaganda like this is being displayed during major news network commercials. When it is, I can't help but wonder if people realize why commercials like these are getting airtime - Because the effects of fracking are very questionable, and still under investigation by the EPA with initial research results not expected to be released until the end of 2012, and a final report in 2014

EPA - Fracking

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you can find Gasland online - watch it.
I've seen it on disc - it's scarier than a nightmare - but I can't find anything online so far.
I'll supply when I do find it.
Here's a little excerpt.

Here's more plus a vid.

PBS Gasland

peace

edit on 3-12-2011 by silo13 because: link fix

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Aww come on you weird conspiracy people. We know for a fact that pumping hazardous chemicals into the ground and fracturing all of the rock is perfectly safe. No effects on humans, plants or animals. Don't believe me? Believe the oil companies that we all know that they have our best interests at heart......

All joking aside WTF and WHO the F$%^ ever even thought that fracking would be ok? Oh wait they knew it was not ok before they did it even one time. Th bitoch of it all is that Dick Cheney and his evil cohorts at Haliburton will all b dead by the time anyone has to pay for intentionally destroying every place they do not themselves live.

Next time you see a Haliburton truck out there unattended I would highly recommend taking a little profit out of Haliburtons pockets........ I do

edit on 3-12-2011 by SkyMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Once again, profits are put way before safety, and we are fed lie after lie as well as being fed poisons in our food and water.

The people affected should get together and have the water tested independently.
edit on 3-12-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nope they do not give a crap about the people as long as they can show the shareholders profits.

link

check out the investor info as well

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The management of the fracking company should, in all fairness, demonstrate in public once and for all that the water in the area is perfectly safe to drink, by drinking it themselves on live TV, and then reporting back to the public any health-related problems arising from this.
Bet they refuse though!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Because without a planet, business thrives!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i say make them drink water from comtaminated wells for a year if they refuse make them pay for water for ever and give each 5 percent of their stock plus 2 million dollars

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hydraulic fracturing is, like many Industrial operations, polluting the environment and are producing long-term affects which are difficult to trace back to source point. It's something that's been gain quite a bit of attention on numerous fronts. There are a plethora of threads surrounding the topic with more appearing almost daily.

Directly related to the topic of groundwater contamination is the following:

Thread (authored by yours truly) regarding groundwater contamination in Wyoming. There is some information on Pennsylvania as well within.

For those of you interested in the seismic implications, I would suggest Robin's Arkansas Earthquake thread and he companion Bibliography thread by SunflowerStar which is full of links related to a variety of topics surrounding the issue; this thread is a MUST link for anyone researching fracking. Go to the last post for the most recent version.

S&F good sir/Madame. This is something which needs much attention for our safety.
edit on 3-12-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Grammar nazi

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Your post is entirely credible. Not only does it contaminate our water supply, it is causing geological problems. I live in Oklahoma. We have had so many mini and one big earthquake. Certainly, I feel that fracking is mostly responsible for our problems.

There are many problems (I believe) that are making our lives more complicated. We need further scientific study to conclude that fracking is not the solution to our energy needs.

Star and flag for your thoughtfulness.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
what happens when one of these frackers accidentally ignites a natural gas reservoir.

i think some of these earthquakes we hear about are the illiterate hill billy frackers igniting the natural gas and causing deep underground explosions that are felt 100 miles away.

edit on 3-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Water is essential to every life form, and not only humans. By doing this (poluting the groundwater through highly toxic chemicals) they are commiting a basic crime against humanity and the environment which also supports the sustainance of human life.

In my H opinion, this not just some form of minor corporate/industrial fault, but a serious crime and an act of ignorance against uninnocent human lives.

Just my couple cents. CMIIW

top topics

<<   2 >>

join