It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking Company Cuts Off Clean Water Shipments to Community They Contaminated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what happens when one of these frackers accidentally ignites a natural gas reservoir.

i think some of these earthquakes we hear about are the illiterate hill billy frackers igniting the natural gas and causing deep underground explosions that are felt 100 miles away.

edit on 3-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)
There is a fracking process where they fill the borehole with a mixture of LP gas and oxygen, then ignite it. The explosion fractures the rock.

Maybe this might cause earth tremors.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I watched Gasland recently because companies are fracking all across my area. It took me over half an hour to find at the time: This is not information that companies want people to know about.

Here is a page full of links

I'd say enjoy, but...

I do agree with another poster; each of these companies should have the entire board of directors, and their families, forced to drink this water themselves straight out of the ground and on live TV.

If it is safe enough for my family, it's safe enough for theirs.

edit on 4-12-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I would like to add something in the interest of truth.

The oft repeated story of combustible gases burning at kitchen faucets was present long before fracking started in Pennsylvania. I witnessed it myself in Clinton County (Central PA) in the early 1970's.

I am against fracking. My number one problem is with the compounds that the drillers are pumping into the ground, with no accountability to anyone. The second problem that I have with the process is what it is doing to the rock. Pumping a fluid that is designed to lubricate, at pressures great enough to fracture rock, around known fault lines..... Is just stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We had two small earthquakes in UK caused by fracking.
news.uk.msn.com...
www.liveleak.com...

Strangely some of the scientific reports/analysis are no longer available in the net.
edit on 4-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What needs to be done is this;make all the people that work for the company doing this Fracking (all employees) They have to use,drink,everything - the same water that they are leaving for these people to use and see just how long this Fracking thing keeps going on after that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Update:

Mark Ruffalo, actor and founder of Water Defense, and Gasland Director Josh Fox will join elected officials and advocates in delivering clean drinking water from New York State to the eleven Dimock families no longer receiving clean water supplies from the corporation who took their clean water away.

Source

Talk about putting your money where your mouth is.

Elsewhere we have the following:

Wastewater plants not designed for fracking water, says Robert F Kennedy Jr

In an article posted in October, Kennedy cited a report from The Times and said “sewage plants in the Marcellus region have been accepting millions of gallons of gas industry water that carry significant levels of radioactive elements and other pollutants that they are incapable of treating”.

So we have frac water being put directly intothebpblic water system through the treatment plants. And those treatment facilities are not equipped to properly treat the chemicals in the water.

Does this sound safe to anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join