It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful pictures of Jesus and Heaven, etc. painted by self-taught 12-year-old girl

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One of the greatest mysteries: why some are chosen for miraculous beauty and talent, while others are cursed with mediocrity; and still others seem to epidomize all that is unattractive or unworthy in life. Is it all by some random, cosmic toss of the dice?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just a curious thing I noticed, she seems to be sipping out of a never ending cup. It just struck me that it never became empty?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I saw this a few years ago. Everytime I see this video, it truely amazes me. What talent!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by avriel
No doubt about it she is extremely talented ! However she has been "contaminated" by religion in some way, there is one sure giveaway that somebody somewhere has spoken about "anglicised" christianity in her vicinity. She is painting Jesus as a white man. Think about it she has that much talent and she can place exactly what she sees on the canvas with amazing detail yet she can not get the colour of a mans skin correct. Somebody somewhere has spoken to her about christianity or she has at least come into contact with christian propoganda leaflets, paintings or books at a young age.

Yes, thanks for posting that. I too was wondering if it was her parents who taught her Jesus was white, instead of how he really must have looked, skin as black as coal, and black, kinky hair and beard? I would say she has been brainwashed into the cult, as many children of today are. Teaching religion to kids should be against the law.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, thanks for posting that. I too was wondering if it was her parents who taught her Jesus was white, instead of how he really must have looked, skin as black as coal, and black, kinky hair and beard?

What proof do you have that Jesus would have looked like this? Was the lineage of david all black as coal..with dark kinky hair?

Please give us some back up for why you believe this?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just read The book; The boy who came back from heaven. And he states in his book that Jesus looks just like this young girls painting.

Message body
Quote from:

shroudofturin.wordpress.com...

"Every now and then, throughout the last half of the book, Colton is shown different pictures of Jesus and asked if they are accurate depictions of what he remembers Jesus looked like. The authors never tell us which pictures Colton looked at. (I naturally wondered if the Shroud was one of them.) In the end Colton is shown an online picture. “Dad, that one’s right,” he exclaims. It is the Akiane portrait of Jesus."

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, one of the channels, (History or TLC?) had a special on Jesus and did a computerized photo of what he might have looked like. He would have been Jewish or Arabic. Dark hair and eyes, large nose.
If you look closely at some of her paintings of Jesus, he looks Jewish. Note how much darker his tones are than in some of the more "white" paintings we see. Just a thought. But.......the green eyes don't fit, also in the paintings we see of him he is typically very good looking, like here. In that computerized version, he looked quite ordinary. Very robust.
edit on 12/5/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Yes, thanks for posting that. I too was wondering if it was her parents who taught her Jesus was white, instead of how he really must have looked, skin as black as coal, and black, kinky hair and beard?

What proof do you have that Jesus would have looked like this? Was the lineage of david all black as coal..with dark kinky hair?

Please give us some back up for why you believe this?

I have been there, to Israel, during my military service. I know what people from that area look like, they are Africans first. Have you not seen a Middle Eastern man before? What's the matter, a Black man is good enough to steal your car, but not good enough to be your savoiur?

And what proof do you have that there was a Jesus?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have been there, to Israel, during my military service. I know what people from that area look like, they are Africans first. Have you not seen a Middle Eastern man before? What's the matter, a Black man is good enough to steal your car, but not good enough to be your savoiur? And what proof do you have that there was a Jesus?

No problem with a black man being our savior.

Really sad that you would counter my a simple question with accusations of prejudiced.. .. only thing is you have no proof that he was.. your're not even sure he existed.. so why say he was black.. jewish people from that part of the country can have dark or light hair.. from what I have been told. My guess is he was olive skinned with dark hair.

For someone who doesn't even believe he existed.. you sure make a bold statement on what he looked like..with no proof.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Well said.

It doesn't matter what Jesus' skin color is. He belongs to all of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The reason that SOME of the Jewish and Palestinian people in that area have paler skin now is due to the interbreeding with the Europeans during the crusades etc as well as some earlier activity with viking travellers. Please learn your history, and by history I mean real history and not that which the voodoo man preaches from the pulpit.
Your bible has been contaminated by those that had their own political agenda (don't believe me, look up the synod of hippo in 393) Jesus was not white and neither was David. Those words were added later by men whom wished to push their own ideas. during the time I spent in that region it was obvious to me just how much your bible had been doctored, even down to the claim that Jesus was born in a stable (Local tradition has him born in a cave, in fact their is even a church of the nativity on top of that cave)

Autowrench is totally correct when he says that teaching kids about religion should be against the law. Religion relies on belief being passed down from parent to child, getting crazy ideas into their minds whilst they are still forming ideas on the world. If religion was banned from being taught until a person was 18 years of age imagine what would happen. At 18 the person would be given the bible and would be told "this is the truth" they would open it up, read a few lines, laugh hysterically and dump it in the trash. Most Christians only believe because their parents believed. If they forgot everything they had been told and re-read the bible with open eyes they would see it for what it really is.

Now as for the girl in the video, she has definately been spoken to about religion and has seen many pictures depicting Jesus. She or her parents are making a lot of money from this. Perhaps you should see her as a modern day travelling preacher, taking money from the gullible by telling them what they want to hear.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by avriel

The reason that SOME of the Jewish and Palestinian people in that area have paler skin now is due to the interbreeding with the Europeans during the crusades etc as well as some earlier activity with viking travellers. Please learn your history, and by history I mean real history and not that which the voodoo man preaches from the pulpit.
Your bible has been contaminated by those that had their own political agenda (don't believe me, look up the synod of hippo in 393) Jesus was not white and neither was David. Those words were added later by men whom wished to push their own ideas. during the time I spent in that region it was obvious to me just how much your bible had been doctored, even down to the claim that Jesus was born in a stable (Local tradition has him born in a cave, in fact their is even a church of the nativity on top of that cave)

Autowrench is totally correct when he says that teaching kids about religion should be against the law. Religion relies on belief being passed down from parent to child, getting crazy ideas into their minds whilst they are still forming ideas on the world. If religion was banned from being taught until a person was 18 years of age imagine what would happen. At 18 the person would be given the bible and would be told "this is the truth" they would open it up, read a few lines, laugh hysterically and dump it in the trash. Most Christians only believe because their parents believed. If they forgot everything they had been told and re-read the bible with open eyes they would see it for what it really is.

Now as for the girl in the video, she has definately been spoken to about religion and has seen many pictures depicting Jesus. She or her parents are making a lot of money from this. Perhaps you should see her as a modern day travelling preacher, taking money from the gullible by telling them what they want to hear.

Sorry.. but I was always under the impression that the manger was a 'cave" type dwelling behind the inn..so your assumptions of what I think or what Christians believe is wrong..

and.. are you NOT trying to control our minds by telling us that jesus HAD to have looked a specific way.. or even by telling us that the bible is hogwash?.. your opinion does not make it truth.

I know some who have read the bible in their adulthood.. never having been taught as a child.. and guess what?..they found some wisdom in the book.. so your theories don't mesh with reality.

What makes you the authority on truth on what is really going on behind these girls paintings?

Unless we personally know the family history from first hand knowledge ..or from someone who does and is trustworthy...none of can really say for sure if she was truly from an atheist type family..or not.

To say that this is all a setup by her parents..for cash.. is assumption.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh dear !!! Look, I am not trying to "control your mind" I am simply stating a fact yes FACT (something which is the truth not because I say so but because history and science combined say so) that there is no possible way that Jesus was white. It is all down to Genetics and human migration at that time. Unless of course you are telling me that your god (that commited statutary rape apparently on a virgin) is also white and has Caucasian DNA! . Also you completely ignored my point on the synod of Hippo and the changing of the bible (actually multiple times over the years but Hippo was the most high profile in terms of history) to suit a political agenda. Again this is not because I say it is true, it is because saint augustine and later the council of Carthage says so. I'll give you a clue : They got together to decide which books should be romeved from the bible and which ones should be made "official". That's right the book you hold as the word of god needed a group of men to decide which books were perfect and which ones didn't fit their politically agenda at that time. (see the gnostic gospels for those that were removed)
Now as to my claims about the girl and her parents. Well lets see, she claims no contact with religion and yet she can draw a perfectly westernised Jesus. REALLY ?? now I know you believe that god made man in his image but isn't this a girl making Jesus in her image ?? Also if you want to make money the religious people of the world have time and time again proven to be the easiest ones to fleece. I'm not saying that the girl is making a tin of money from these paintings but I would urge people to look at how much they are being sold for and ask themselves where that money is going.

As for people who read the bible in adult life and find wisdom in it. I ask you this "had those people just gone through a traumatic time in their life and found nobody that they could talk to about the circumstances?" often that is the case, people need to talk about things - even if it is to an imaginary friend. Personaly I prefer the greek ancient gods when I have problems, it gives me more friends to talk to.
Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by avriel

Unless of course you are telling me that your god (that commited statutary rape apparently on a virgin) is also white and has Caucasian DNA!

Now your showing me how little you actually know... If you think God for one second had sexual relations with the mother of Jesus.. your spinning tales.

Is it not possible for the Creator to allow for impregnation without sexual intercourse ?

Also..If you had read my posts more carefully..you would see I do not see jesus as white..but olive skinned.

As for people who read the bible in adult life and find wisdom in it. I ask you this "had those people just gone through a traumatic time in their life and found nobody that they could talk to about the circumstances?" often that is the case, people need to talk about things - even if it is to an imaginary friend. Personaly I prefer the greek ancient gods when I have problems, it gives me more friends to talk to.

Thats nice.. have your imaginary greek friends answered prayers..and performed miracles in your life?

I'm not saying that the girl is making a tin of money from these paintings but I would urge people to look at how much they are being sold for and ask themselves where that money is going.

Why would you begrudge anyone on what paintings they choose to buy? There are some Picasso paintings that hardly worth seem the price to me..? Where does that money go.. or the money for any painters paintings.

To warn someone for buying a painting from this girl is ridiculous ..there are people who will pay huge amounts of money to watch men throw around a pigskin ball . Trust me..if you want to look at money wasted on things that bring little value to this world.. there are for worse than this ..in the art world..as well as in other avenues of life.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I can respect her talent, because those paintings are just amazing, but come on... These are all typical representations of what Jesus is supposed to look like. Typical beautiful white male with a cool beard and long hair. Even when I went to church our pastor always said Jesus looked nothing like that. I doubt God or whoever talks to her and inspires her.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Very cool indeed, this is the 1st time I have seen/heard of her.

On a side note, leave it to persons on ATS to overlook the story itself, and focus on something as stupid as skin color. We humans have created the whole "race" system. We are all humans with different amounts of melanin, who cares how she depicts Christ. I find it funny to see that you are arguing about His appearance, when most of the arguments on ATS have to do with His very existance.

An actual carpenter from Idaho was who she modelled the Jesus painting from, you can read the whole story here:

www.christianity.com...
edit on 16-12-2011 by kingofmd because: link addeed

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wow Thank you,
Such talent, an Muse as such.

Talent and 100 faith as she has has led in human history to some amazing musical, artistic and such like human creativity.

I am really excited by what she might be producing musically and artistically in years to come, I dont think we have seen even an part of the brilliance she will create over her lifetime.

Kind regards,

Elf

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join