It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful pictures of Jesus and Heaven, etc. painted by self-taught 12-year-old girl

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just think this is sooooo cool. Not only is she an amazing artist, she was never raised religiously, although her parents have become religious through her paintings. She says she is inspired from above and paints pictures of her alleged visits to heaven. I think even non-Christians can appreciate her talent and how amazing it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very inspirational video..and what a unique story behind it.

Thank for sharing..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
wow, amazing level of skill for her age!
very accurate eye. i hope she explores her talent and has a fruitful life from it all.

the way she "pushes paint" is something that takes years to master. most use pencil guides to shape out their subject, she is painting in a technique that takes a lifetime if ever to master. some people have it other never achieve it.
she is a prodigy. that's for sure.
thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No doubt about it she is extremely talented ! However she has been "contaminated" by religion in some way, there is one sure giveaway that somebody somewhere has spoken about "anglicised" christianity in her vicinity. She is painting Jesus as a white man. Think about it she has that much talent and she can place exactly what she sees on the canvas with amazing detail yet she can not get the colour of a mans skin correct. Somebody somewhere has spoken to her about christianity or she has at least come into contact with christian propoganda leaflets, paintings or books at a young age.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Absolutely amazing!! Makes me think....

On a side note I've noticed with friends of mine that those who are artistic like drawing and painting, are also musically inclined as well, guitar players, piano and so on....me..no artistic abilities whatsoever...im kinda envious.

Thanks for sharing PG.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Simply amazing, that all I can say… hope she will continue to inspire the world with her talents.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by avriel
No doubt about it she is extremely talented ! However she has been "contaminated" by religion in some way, there is one sure giveaway that somebody somewhere has spoken about "anglicised" christianity in her vicinity. She is painting Jesus as a white man. Think about it she has that much talent and she can place exactly what she sees on the canvas with amazing detail yet she can not get the colour of a mans skin correct. Somebody somewhere has spoken to her about christianity or she has at least come into contact with christian propoganda leaflets, paintings or books at a young age.

I think its more the fact that almost everyone on the planet knows what the western image of jesus is supposed to look like.. even for atheists or non Christians , unless of course she was locked in a cellar most of her life..

nice video op..
she is a truely talented young lady, hopefully she progresses with her talent and uses it to better her life... maybe this is one name to look for in the future..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The part of the video that caught my attention wasn't the paintings. It was the part where she had been raised in an atheist home and started having visions about God and Jesus without ever knowing who they were. Obviously God called on her to be a witness. Children can see what we cannot because their hearts are not jaded like an adults are, they see the truth when many of us are taught that truth is a lie.

It was an inspirational video to be sure. S+F.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If I could I would give this multiple stars and flags for sharing this with me, she is really going to be something to watch in even just a few years because what you see now is only the beginning. I honestly don't think her mind works as an average humans though, her drawings when she was 4 are better than the average persons now. Which to me gives me a sign of some detail she can see and contain.

And also OP, I am not a christian and I respect and enjoy this kid. So you were right about that.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I think its more the fact that almost everyone on the planet knows what the western image of jesus is supposed to look like.. even for atheists or non Christians , unless of course she was locked in a cellar most of her life..

nice video op..
she is a truely talented young lady, hopefully she progresses with her talent and uses it to better her life... maybe this is one name to look for in the future..

People's thinking that Jesus is a white guy should have faded by now. That old contemoprary ideal is an old english way of teaching "if the Pope is French, then Jesus is English" as seen on the movie "A Knight's Tale" but was a literal belief. i think we all know by now that he was an Israelite and had middle eastern features. The only "white" people travelling through that area would have been people coming from China along the Silk Road to trade.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

That was my point, the CNN reporter makes a deal about her mother being an athiest and that Religion was not spoken of in the house but he doesn't mention any other influence. A lot of people (mainly of the Christian variety) will take that point and the fact that she is painting religious imagery and believe that she has visited heaven. She is simply painting what she has been influenced by, because if she really had met the big man then she wouldn't be painting him as white.
She is certainly talented and her religious themed paintings will make her a lot of money, of that I have no doubt. The part of the story about her visiting heaven however should be dismissed. It should really be a story about an amazingly talented young lady that enjoys painting Christian themed paintings.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
If I could I would give this multiple stars and flags for sharing this with me, she is really going to be something to watch in even just a few years because what you see now is only the beginning. I honestly don't think her mind works as an average humans though, her drawings when she was 4 are better than the average persons now. Which to me gives me a sign of some detail she can see and contain.

And also OP, I am not a christian and I respect and enjoy this kid. So you were right about that.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

Lol, when i was 4 i wasn't even drawing stick figures, i didn't even know what a pencil was much less a paintbrush.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Generally people like to assume God is their race, it's just almost a habit due to its what represents God to them. Have you ever heard of black Jesus? God would have no race lol, if religion was true (not saying it isn't but just saying..) we would not be humans having a spiritual experience it would be vice versa, so therefore race would not exist in say Heaven.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

This is beyond amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us! I plan to email the link to everyone in my circle.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

People's thinking that Jesus is a white guy should have faded by now.

I dont think so.. most images of jesus still depict him as a white guy, ive not seen many that depict him as a middle eastern or jewish guy..

reply to post by Misterlondon

That was my point, the CNN reporter makes a deal about her mother being an athiest and that Religion was not spoken of in the house but he doesn't mention any other influence. A lot of people (mainly of the Christian variety) will take that point and the fact that she is painting religious imagery and believe that she has visited heaven. She is simply painting what she has been influenced by, because if she really had met the big man then she wouldn't be painting him as white.
She is certainly talented and her religious themed paintings will make her a lot of money, of that I have no doubt. The part of the story about her visiting heaven however should be dismissed. It should really be a story about an amazingly talented young lady that enjoys painting Christian themed paintings.

ok.. i got you now, apologies for misinterpreting your original post.. and you are correct, not to tak anything away from the girls talents but she has obviously seen an image of jesus before.. that cannot be avoided if you live a normal life in a Christian country.

Its the same way everyone knows what Buddha is supposed to look like whether you are Buddhist or not..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing to be so talented at that age. I had to share this with my family and friends as well. Thanks Partygirl...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hard to believe some of these are even paintings, they seem so 3D, much less done by a 12yo!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jesus in the painting, but God himself.
She was describing his masculinity, then went on about his beautiful eyes.
Whatever Jesus's true skin color, I think we would each see our own familiar perception of how Jesus would appear physically.
God does move in mysterious ways, & by blessing this girl with these gifts, we can all enjoy the beauty of her work while giving pause for thought to her message.
Truly beautiful find OP

Thanks so much for sharing.

Peace & love

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think if god is real then he might just look a different way to everyone who sees him. Interesting that she sees him with an 80s George Michael hairdo.

Apart from that, her painting is absolutely amazing and I just wish I could do half as good. How can you paint a gossamer cloak like that? And those colours and gardens? That's what real magic is.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

For instance he could be whatever you want him to be, a ball of light, a white man, a massive angel. A projection of your definition of him and what you feel he is.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Yeah i've heard Jesus was black from black folk. These were also the same christians who told me i was going to hell because i was white and i am a christian too...

People are funny

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join