It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African man builds space shuttle and plans a lethal method of anti gravity training

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Constructed amidst the rubble of his mother's back yard, ambitious Ugandan Chris NSamba believes the African Skyhawk will lead to his continent launching its first astronaut into orbit. The African Space Research Programme founder has been helped by 600 volunteers in partially achieving the first stage of his dream - the creation of the plane that will penetrate the edge of space by flying at 80,000ft

he is also buing a jet engine to put in a tube then stick himself in said tube to anti gravity train shurly that would burn him alive,
also it does'nt look like that thing could get into space,
www.dailymail.co.uk...[editb y]edit on 2-12-2011 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Somehow I don't see it working, that thing looks like it is made from paper mache. Good for him for trying and all, but this seems doomed to fail.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ahahhaha man, it's a funy story... hope the guy realizes that he will emerge dead after the experience and changes his mind in a rare moment of mental sharpness

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hahaha brilliant.....they are just waiting on the propeller hahaha

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I really hope he manages some how to make his dreams come true

Stories like this really make me smile and give me a little hope that some human spirit is left in this world

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
hahaha, good luck with that dude!

Lets say he does get to space, how is his fiberglass plane going to hold up when he re-enters the Atmosphere at 10,000 MPH

edit on 2-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Good for them. They have a dream and are pursuing it, though it seems trial and error will cost lives. It's a shame they won't be able to study what goes wrong after it crashes, because I'm sure there will be no debris, just sweat rags and passports.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I really hope he manages some how to make his dreams come true

Stories like this really make me smile and give me a little hope that some human spirit is left in this world

i agree, it shows that the spirit is alive throughout humanity, and that is a good sign...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey, it all starts somewhere...

Its a good looking airplane, i'll give it that. Atmosphere penetrating.....eh not too sure, but hey what do I know - if he does enough test trials and notes proper adjustment, then anything is possible.

Goes to show you dont have to be a superpower to know what your doing.....

A little thought, research, and initiative can go a looooong way. Good for him!

ThatGuy45

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
he is also buing a jet engine to put in a tube then stick himself in said tube to anti gravity train shurly that would burn him alive

That's natural selection at work. The stupid don't get too far.

*remembers George W Bush*

Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks cool but that if he manages to get that thing up there he isn't coming back down in piece and I'm guessing he's gonna be on his own unless they install mission control in his mothers backgarden with an extra long cup and string communication center.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't think he thought it through properly and i hope he doesn't intend on going ahead with his silly little dream for his sake.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nope for once Iam gonna say he is going to succeed with his plan, I reckon everything will goto plan because I really think this guy has lot's of gut's and I want him to succeed.
What a great story when he gets back to earth safe and sound, if we all think this and give him some positive vibes he will do it

So Go!!! Chris NSamba you can do it!!!
(Disneys just bought the rights to make a movie about this when he succeed's) jk

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
During WWII native remote Pacific Islander's experienced visitors that flew metal planes to their homes and offered the natives gifts of food and trinkets of the world outside. WWII ended and the armies left, in their ships and planes. Stories of the good life from the visitors in metal flying machines were handed down and newly constructed flying machines are constructed in hopes of ushering back those visitors with gifts.

This African Skyhawk reminds me of this, or Cargo Cult.

Will it work? Nah.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As far as his 'anti gravity training' goes, I hope someone sends the chap this link so he has a source for some technical info to aid his construction.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What's his GLP username?

2nd.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They seem motivated so who knows, maybe they will find assistance with their space exploration process somehow
I like to see this type of genetic development to want to reach the STARZ! So good for them. SnF interesting..

edit on 12/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Fake Story

This is just a fake story to make us believe that the Africans are stupid,
childish and not willing to learn!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
come on guys this is just teh body of a old aircraft and all he has done is use a little sand paper and BONDO to do a little fixing up . No engians of any type as you can see now it mite make a nice glider at most .
But even if he is dumb enough to put a jet engian on this it will tear its self apart this air craft piper cub type was never ment to have taht kind of power .
now if he got a rocket power enough to get this into orbit well rentry is a bummer no heat resistant SHILD at ALL even if it was steel it would burn up . assuming the fiberglass carft could even withstand lunch .
Only thing i want to know is this guy for real? does he really believe he can make a space craft from this??
if so people need to stop saying education in the US bites as compared to him the dumbest person here is a genius . But more then likely he is just a troll hoping that the attention will bring in money

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

If so thats a shame

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join