It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African man builds space shuttle and plans a lethal method of anti gravity training

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Remember that the Wright Brothers were also laughed at and told that they and their home made aircraft made of sticks and cloth would never leave the ground.

Paper Mache ?

It's commonly called fiberglass and they are sanding it to smooth the airflow making the wing's airfoil more efficient and to specs.

At only 600 kg thats pretty light and has a good chance of flying looking at the size and length of the wings.

It looks along the lines of a powered glider which is exactly what the U2 Spy Plane used for high altitude reconnaissance until it was shot down over the USSR.

They're using a propeller based power plant and are flying it solely by radio control for initial testing which is pretty smart.

But the turbulence created by the prop wash mounted in the nose might effect his control surfaces...

I would have started with a scale model ....

But there is only one way in which to know for sure.....and presumably why they're testing this using Radio Control vs sitting in the cockpit to find out !!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lovely story. I wish them all the very best with their dreams and hope they manage to join us in space....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Reminds me of Homer's quote: "Stupid like a fox!".

But seriously, I give them a genuine pat on the back for at least *doing* something. Plus the design of the aircraft is pretty nice. We all gotta start somewhere, but you don't get a second chance if you're dead.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Flight looks possible, space flight... i dunno.

It's good to see he and the community around him have an interest in space flight though.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't see how the craft is pressurized so it has no chance of reaching 80,000 ft., which BTW is only a quarter of the way up to the minimum altitude of gaining astronaut wings, which is about a third of the way up to orbit. This airframe is lucky to reach the clouds at say 5,000 feet. Which reminds me of a scene in a Naked Gun movie; "Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that".

10% of 50/50 is a 5-second clip.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Jamaica has a bob sleigh team,africa has their space program

Don't see the problem tbh unless he crash lands on my house!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
After I made my post I read cloaked4u post below mind and now I have to agree with that post.
edit on 12/2/2011 by fixer1967 because: To change post

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
He has no intention of going into space. All he wants is money and the plane is just a prop to get that money. He is a SCAMMER.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

First clue might be the fact he has people sanding the exterior (for a nice paint job finish?. Second clue is to Dogpile or Google the reference and read about (3 or 4 of the 'designer's' comments), then a 3rd grader can call him out as delusionary–(not a word then check your search engine) . I seriously don't think the black man can even jump! No offense to people that can jump.

So we now deem this as a hobby. Something to keep the locals from feeling how hungry they are from not using that yard as a garden instead, to like, grow food. But a true 'visionary' doesn't dabble in such menial tasks, he lives off of shelling dreams to the stupid that feeds him. So how does he think he gets to space when he is obviously misusing his own space for absurdities?

I actually think that craft will not even clear 1,000 feet, if it ever has a propulsion device which BTW is absent and shows no room where such a thing would be mounted. It's silly to discuss this further so I'm out of this thread, right now, I mean when I'm finished typing, which is now.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't think he'll make it..but I hope he succeeds because of the racist comments smh

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

I think you mistakenly put "racist" instead of "rational/realist"

A propeller plane cannot go to 80k feet...the airs to thin, it has nothing to push through

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

No offense or anything but isn't the daily mail kind of infamous for half truths? This story just kind of seems too tabloidy. Like they got some pictures and just completely made up a story around it. There is no mention of how they supposedly fabricated this plane is there? That whole tunnel thing? Wow. I am just having a hard time buying that this is real.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Be that as it may the founder of the African Space Research Program completes the delusion, hoax, or money swindle technique complete with a devoted website. BTW many of the early images require one to register for a password to view.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by rationalistswagger

I think you mistakenly put "racist" instead of "rational/realist"

A propeller plane cannot go to 80k feet...the airs to thin, it has nothing to push through

I clicked the youtube video.
I doubt calling him a delusional N word isn't racist.

My bad bro.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well a quote from one of the videos says they are shooting for 4 to 6 years as the final completion date of the "shuttle". I hope it is completed just to see the results I guess we won't know for sure until 2017. Strange story.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

when stevenson invented the rocket (first steam train ) all the so called scientists of the day said that if people was inside of it , that they would suffocate if it went over 15 mph

and wasn't it scientists that stated that the earth was flat and if people travelled too far they would fall over the edge

i say fair play to this man because he has a dream and he is doing something about it

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by Illustronic

when stevenson invented the rocket (first steam train ) all the so called scientists of the day said that if people was inside of it , that they would suffocate if it went over 15 mph

and wasn't it scientists that stated that the earth was flat and if people travelled too far they would fall over the edge

i say fair play to this man because he has a dream and he is doing something about it

That's all fine and good but like another poster said they called the Wright Brother's plane a toy. But you see mankind has progresses beyond that point it wasn't at in those days and there is no reason to reinvent 100-year-old technology to get a pat on the back from mom. There is no reason to start at that point when space travel is over 50 years old. That's just a poor example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join