It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
.Learn religion correctly or shut the hell up about other peoples beliefs.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Nothing but trouble makers and liars.All you people amount to.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Some of the atheist nowadays will quote some historical figure and pretend that guy is telling the truth and Jesus is Not telling the truth.So cheesey and corny how they have become idiots and dolts with religous history

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
You open the door to being bashed when you try to push that ridiculous and primitive belief on others. What really ticks people off is the "believe this or burn in hell forever".

You're confusing authentic Christianity and descipleship with "Churchianity". I understand and loath the religious intollerance of the xtain literalist fundies just as much as the next guy, recognizing in modern day Christendom, the height of ignorance and hypocrisy, but that doesn't mean that it's most fundamental premise is either wrong, non-existent, or "primitive". To the contrary, at core it might very well (and does) represent the leading edge of the arrow of Civilized progress. What people have done with Jesus, and the way the Roman Church relieved him of his authority while keeping him on the cross, that and the encounter with Jesus Christ in "koinonia" have nothing in common. Where but around a phenomenon like Jesus would the satanic principal be most attracted. The Christian bashing OTOH, is merely the flip side of the same coin, and it's equally painful to watch, or be forced to participate in. it hurts, people ought to know that.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

a Zionist jew and a christian zionist just sponsered abill that turns the US in to a Nazi state and your whining about being expected to take resposibility for your ( all U.S. christians and jews who support zionism)actions and the claims you use to justify that?

what religion was NAZI germany?
what religions fought in Ireand? who won?

when the christians couldn't defeat the sioux ( god wasn't on their side eh)
the christians killed off all most all of GODs hand made buffalo to starve the sioux create the
"self confessed christian state of America"

all that theft murder and raping and things like genocide commited by the christian churches on native CHILDREN
no wonder god is now destroying the US with floods storms radiation disease starvation and zionism

and your whining about having it pointed out to you?
Its oh so UNFAIR

tell your darn god to get down here right now and justify himself

ps if you think someone else DIED to save you for the responsibilities of your actions whiile in this life
boy are you in for a suprise

edit on 3-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
How in the world did the NAZI movement lead to mass murdering jews and anti-semitism,which is nothing more than hating jewish people.Same exact process happening all over again in history.This tiem it is atheist and extremist muslims doing it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The institutions and hatred and intolerance of others people is what causes it.Blind hatred that does not even realize they hate.Decades and decades and decades of it goes on until something bad happens in the world eoconomies and BINGO.They get thier utopia dream to fix everything to fix the world and stop christians and jews from destroying it.Before you know it millions of people are dead over what realy is nothing but hatred.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

mcain and LIE berman aren't muslims
they are a jew and a christian
the bill 1867 is currently passed the senate which prolly doesn't have one MUSLIM in it

the US is basically now a NAZI state
just like CHRISTIAN GERMANY
if you can't even get that right how can you claim to know aything about JESUS?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Originally posted by Raivan31
Read between the lines.

The good things in life are free but not effort free.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: added some relevant stuff.

That's right, and that's why the master advised that we first measure the cost of descipleship because once we consecrate ourselves to a process of transformation towards eventual God-realization or God-consciousness, the process will not end until the final result is achieved. It's not the kind of thing anyone can take lightly, or be not impacted by ie: going to church every sunday, while remaining the same messed up person. That's said we are a "work in progress", but you're right that it's not always easy. It is by grace, and we cannot engineer our own salvation, but it's still not an easy thing to become our truest and most authentic, self expressed manifestation of a sacred being having a human experience, it takes balls, something most people do not possess, it being so much easier to catcall down from the stands at those making the effort to get into the game God the creator had in mind from the first place.

Jesus is simply the most courageous among us.

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

As for the story of Horus, he was NOT the only son of God... And his story does NOT mimic's Jesus...

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

What about Osiris, Who is the most High God, or a descendant thereof, who was slain and risen, conquering death for mankind. Who's followers thought he would give them eternal life. It would seem that Jesus' story DOES mimic his.
edit on 3-12-2011 by renegadeloser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

going to your death knowing you will be ressurected would considered be as couragous as a video game soldier

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

we provide references for credibility...christainity is rather short on those, even here

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well I said What i came to say.tired of atheist showing historical humans beings and acting as if they are the real truth ,not Jesus.Doing the very thing your agaisnt,makes no sense at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Eventually, some motifs do repeat or play out for the first time in reality, and is there any reason to believe that Jesus himself did not have access to all the ancient wisdom literature..? He sure knew how to fill the prophetic vision of Isaiah to a t and was not unwilling to do so ie: riding in through the east gate on a donkey, etc. etc.

Within the historical context, in what way does such a mythology preclude the existence of the historical Jesus that's what I'd like to know..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

a Zionist jew and a christian zionist just sponsered abill that turns the US in to a Nazi state and your whining about being expected to take resposibility for your ( all U.S. christians and jews who support zionism)actions and the claims you use to justify that?

what religion was NAZI germany?
what religions fought in Ireand? who won?

when the christians couldn't defeat the sioux ( god wasn't on their side eh)
the christians killed off all most all of GODs hand made buffalo to starve the sioux create the
"self confessed christian state of America"

all that theft murder and raping and things like genocide commited by the christian churches on native CHILDREN
no wonder god is now destroying the US with floods storms radiation disease starvation and zionism

and your whining about having it pointed out to you?
Its oh so UNFAIR

tell your darn god to get down here right now and justify himself

ps if you think someone else DIED to save you for the responsibilities of your actions whiile in this life
boy are you in for a suprise

Great post and a star. I like your avatar too, BTW.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
How in the world do you know Jesus is a myth,magically have no faith in Jesus but somehow know things that are not proven.Jesus vby the way has to be accpeted by faith.Jesus told His own followers to have faith even when they saw him.He even told them to believe in faith after He ressurected form the dead.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

We are even now going to our death, it all depends on just WHO you really are, doesn't it. You are obviously a bit of an asshole sometimes, would you be willing to allow THAT to die, right now, even in the face of my just calling you that?

I can die to who I thought I was - can you?

No one said it's easy, but it's going to happen one way or another, some of us just do it sooner than others and in the process discover the deathless part of themselves as their truest and most authentic self (the non-asshole).

Just to clarify, I will never hurt another person's feelings unintentionally.

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

en.wikipedia.org...
also "The lord of Love" one is one of his titles. He also actually is the "Shepherd" of mankind, even carrying a shepherds crook as one of his symbols.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by britelite1971
Pretty obvious isn't it?? Where is your proof that Jesus didn't exist and that He's not the Messiah?

Real - legitimate - historical fact.

But that is NOT the subject of this thread. Perhaps you should try addressing the title.

Actually, I believe that you told me to prove that Jesus did exist before I wrote the above. So you know, you say prove He did, I say prove He didn't.....kind like we're third graders isn't it?
Hmmm.....historical "fact". That is completely new to me. I don't remember seeing that Jesus was a myth in the history books. Got a source for that?

How do you prove someone doesn't exist and never did exist? And can you tell me what history books and Jesus Christ as a historical figure. I'm not talking about church history books I'm talking about real history.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I see this crap going on in yahoo chat rooms.Pal Talk and on and on and on.They will argue all day over one quote in the bible.Argue over the miracles in the bible,and somehow forget that they themselves marvel and wonder where creation came from and how the universe was made in the first place.They will argue over how Jesus did the mniracles and stuff,and no ones know how life came to exist in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join