It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pak army has liberty to hit back at Nato attacks: Kayani

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

pakistan Pak army has liberty to hit back at Nato attacks: Kayani

www.hindustantimes .com

Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Friday gave his troops "full liberty" to respond to any further cross-border attacks by Nato forces in Afghanistan in the wake of an air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, official sources said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-12-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Just got this from Breaking News.com so it's legit.

The article further says;

"The powerful army chief told commanders of units deployed along the western border with Afghanistan that they had "full liberty of action to respond (by) employing all capabilities" available at their disposal, the sources said.

Kayani was quoted by the sources as saying that there should be "no ambiguity in the rules of engagement for everyone down the chain of command" if they faced an attack by Nato forces.

Such an action would "require no clearance at any level" and the army would "provide resources as required on ground", he was quoted as saying."

That last part is really intriguing, no clearance required could potentially make things easier for militants to wreak havoc. Seems like things are heating up quite quickly.

www.hindustantimes .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

It's about time the Paks decided that enough is enough!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This could only mean that China is giving Pakistan full support, or else it'd be a slaughter for the Pakistanis.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One of the comments below the article was saying its just propaganda by the Pakistan Government to pacify public outrage. But the 'public' join the military. How many Pakistani soldiers have family or know some innocent person killed in a drone attack? Its a small world. The more heated relations get,the less it will take to set things off. The Pakistan public will only get more and more outraged if the US continue to ignore Pakistans borders and kill Pakistan people with collateral murder.
edit on 1-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Such an action would "require no clearance at any level" and the army would "provide resources as required on ground", he was quoted as saying."

Yeah as if the Pakistanis had clearances.

There has to be a more powerful country at work. There's no way their commander would send them in like that against such technology.

edit on 1-12-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a further source on this, and it seems quite telling that they are feeling emboldened somewhat, in lieu of recent events, and circumstances....

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Electrum

I wish they would decide they've had enough of my tax money while they are at it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think it is but natural to fight back when attacked. The real question here is why NATO attacked their army. Are they planning to declare a war against Pakistan? It seems so.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I understand, according to reports, that NATO was given the go ahead, and all clear in this action...

Perhaps that is true, perhaps not....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Electrum

I wish they would decide they've had enough of my tax money while they are at it.

Star for ya!

60+ years of EVERYONE'S tax money.

I say let Pakistan fend for themselves. Stop doling out money to Nations,and keep it in America. Start feeding our OWN poor. Start fixing our OWN infrastructure. Cut ties with the U.N. while we are at it also.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Probably. We are all over the place. Every week I find myself saying "Yep (insert country here) is the next to go."
I really have no idea. We are spreading ourselves way thin. When China came into the mix though we needed to back off. Russia.. eh I might call their bluff even though we need to be working on relations with them, but China, I'd step back. Especially since both of them are up in arms, definitely don't need two major countries thinking along the same line of thought, or we will end up with a "friend of my enemy" situation.
edit on 1-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

here, here....!!!! and S And F for you sir...

Ahhh....good ol reality set's in.....dang it all.....

Chorus of : " We are the world "......and cut.....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah.. I'm pretty sick of it. Our government doesn't listen to us. They give OUR money away to people that would receive a unanimous "F*** NO" if the people had a say. I would put the percentage of a vote in the high 90 percents, so how is this government representing our will? They have created an air of fear with terrorism non sense to the point people are actually afraid to talk about sincerely changing the government. It's just lame. We need to end the squabbles, get the kids out of the parks, and the republicans out of the lawn chairs and recast our votes at congress. In my opinion if this government worked like it should congressmen getting thrown out of office would be a monthly thing. Not just attainable, but regular.
edit on 2-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Then theres this.....

Questions???

Or is it smoke and mirrors???

Friendly fire incident???? Tillman comes to mind???

www.trust.org...
edit on 1-12-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
At least now we know where some of those dollars are going...eh?

Shopping seems to be the way of the world....

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

oh man, good luck guys, start another war. When they are supposed to support us, go ahead attack nato attack America. We are not there to attack Pakistan we are trying to eliminate terrorist which supposedly they support us. yea right. Lines are being drawn US and THEM is becoming a truth. Where will you stand when your friends are dead surely with US atleast most of you all. Sadly it seems it will have to lead to that before we understand the situation at hand..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Enemy of my enemy is my friend*

How come you Americans think the entire world hates you?

I personally only hate the ones that do this **** to you and the American people.
edit on 2/12/11 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by novuslibertas

we think everyone hates us because thats what the media wants us to believe it allows our government to have free rein with the army and have no concerns....

and to the person who said we should back off china...
no..
we back off now and they will surely overpower us in ten years if we get into a conflict now we have a reason to cripple them...
as bad as this sounds we can't have diplomacy with China because they will lie and hit us where it hurts at the best chance they get... Military action is the only way we will stop them now... Economically were screwed... education... were screwed... efficiency... were screwed... long term...screwed
militarily we still have a edge but its a matter of time before that edge becomes dull

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
if you harbor an enemy for 10 years knowing full well there will be consequences. they knew where bin laden was the whole time and all they had to do to protect there people was provide bin laden and hid co horts then we wouldnot have hit innocent civilians trying to get bad guys. a sniper bullet has less chance of killing 60 nrstby civillians than a hellfire missile launched from a reaper drone ,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join