It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated wallpaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Dreamscene is a program that allows you to use video .WMV files as a animated desktop wallpaper. It comes with windows vista ULTIMATE. I know you can get it for windows 7 and windows XP.
Windows 7
www.youtube.com...
Windows XP
www.youtube.com... l10l10l0l203l1220l3.6.1l10l0

Cool toy I thought some one might enjoy.
edit on 1-12-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

This was news to me.
Thank you

I'll check this out fo sheezy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Since using macs back in the day I have wanted animated wallpapers, but I can never justify the loss of performance, and my system just cant spare it. Thank you though.

Btw I am running vista in windows classic and it still runs crappy

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Have a tech throw a few extra gigs of memory in that machine. It will improve your performance drastically, as long as it's clean otherwise.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I'm in the same boat as you. I use Linux but to play a game Windows is handy to have. I used to have Vista but performance was painful. If you can upgrade to Windows 7 I can guarantee the same system will feel a little more snappy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks for the advice, I have a pretty good foundation in computers, and I am running 2X1gb of ram. Problem is from what I understand my system will only run 3gb, so buying a 2gb card isnt really worth it for me. My main problem is a)vista is crap b)its a laptop so the graphics card is crap and so is the processor. I use my laptop for photo editing and art work mainly.

I got my girlfriend a laptop a couple months ago, quad core processor and 6gb of ram, windows 7 is amazing compared to vista. It was $399, amazing deal, and I am quite jealous. I am looking to build a pc in the new year when I have the spare money to do so, really excited for it actually, I think I will enjoy building it more than I will using it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Don't guess she'd be willing to trade. Nah, didn't think so.

ETA: Oops. Hit the button too soon. You're right. Vista is dog doo. You could try shutting off ready boost, superfetch, and windows search, in the services though. That will help until you get a new one.
edit on 12/1/2011 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I've been using readyboost with an 8gb CF card from my DSLR camera. It actually sped my pc up enough to play company of heroes.
Im going to look into thoseother fixes too thanks!

new topics

top topics

join