It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Government Official: 'US Threat To Pakistan Is Threat To China'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Explanation: It is a non issue and here is why ...

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought (by SLAYER69 posted on 30-11-2011 @ 11:47 AM) [ATS]

And that is a whole lotta leverage right there!

Also ... the USA is the biggest threat to world security and here is why ...

US 'biggest global peace threat' (Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 June 2006, 01:43 GMT 02:43 UK) [bbc.co.uk]

'Fading goodwill'

The latest survey shows the worldwide reputation of the US continues to suffer over its prosecution of the "war on terror".

Sharp declines in the public perception of the US were particularly apparent in India, Spain and Turkey.

Goodwill towards the US had fallen from 71% to 56% in India, from 41% to 23% in Spain and from 23% to 12% in Turkey.

A majority of people in 10 of the 14 countries outside the US surveyed said the war in Iraq had made the world a more dangerous place.

Some 60% of people in the UK, which is the US biggest ally, felt the Iraq war had made the world less secure, while 30% said it had made the world safer.

According to the survey:

Worldwide support for the "war on terror" has remained the same or declined
European confidence in Mr Bush has sunk even lower than it was last year
A majority of people in most countries feel the US will not achieve its goals in the "war on terror"
The survey also found little remaining evidence of the goodwill the US had earned over its aid for victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

In Indonesia, a major recipient of US tsunami aid, favourable opinions of the US had fallen from 38% in 2005 to 30% this year.

"Last year we saw some good news in countries like Russia and India," Andrew Kohut, director of the Pew Research Centre, told the Associated Press news agency.

"That good news being wiped away is a measure of how difficult a problem this is for the United States."

Forget Russia, forget Iran... is America the greatest threat to world peace, asks ANDREW ALEXANDER in his provocative new book. (By Tony Rennell Last updated at 2:36 AM on 29th July 2011) [dailymail.co.uk]

Between 1945 and 1991, Washington’s gigantic power coupled with immense naivety made the world a much more dangerous place than it need have been.

What’s more, it’s still doing so. In the Cold War’s successor, today’s so-called ‘war on terror’, only the enemy has changed. America’s skewed approach to international affairs remains the same.

History repeats itself. Just as the U.S. concocted the fantasy threat of Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction in 2003, so at the end of World War II it conjured up and exaggerated the menace of a rampant Soviet Union set on world domination.

And ...

The arms race speeded up; spending on the military soared relentlessly. Dr Strangelove ruled.

Foreign policy and the art of diplomacy and compromise were reduced to the simple issue of military preparedness.

Meanwhile, any event in whatever part of the world — Greece, Italy, Berlin, Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, the Middle East, Israel — took on a confrontational East-West dimension. In any international issue, no matter what the subtleties, all that mattered was where Moscow and Washington stood. Invariably, they took opposite sides.

From what they perceived as their moral high ground, free-thinking Americans howled at the Russians for being enslaved to communist ideology, ignoring the fact that their own belief systems were equally questionable.

In Andrew Alexander’s words, a ‘messianic mission’ developed that all countries should be remade in America’s image — despite the demonstrable fact that democracy is not a universally saleable commodity in all parts of the world, let alone a global cure-all.

At the heart of the problem was — and is — America’s deep-seated ignorance about the cultures of the countries it wants to change. The average American takes little real interest in the outside world.

Personal Disclosure: Which is leading to ...

U.S. Declares Cold War With China (by predator0187 posted on 28-11-2011 @ 08:14 PM) [ATS]

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well with people like McCain and Graham in the senate, you betcha America is the biggest danger to world peace in the world.

Not America per say, but the government and whoever supports their warmongering.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure: Which is leading to ...

U.S. Declares Cold War With China (by predator0187 posted on 28-11-2011 @ 08:14 PM) [ATS]

Hey thanks for reminding me....

So according to that logic then
for...

China's hawks demand cold war on the US Posted on 7-2-2010 @ 02:24 AM

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Posted on 7-2-2010 @ 02:24 AM
MORE than half of Chinese people questioned in a poll believe China and America are heading for a new “cold war”.

The finding came after battles over Taiwan, Tibet, trade, climate change, internet freedom and human rights which have poisoned relations in the three months since President Barack Obama made a fruitless visit to Beijing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Pft. China gives Pakistan head because they are afraid Pakistan will have it's islamic extremist militants target China with their nukes, and as long as the extremists are busy with the U.S. and europe and everyone else they will leave China for last.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
China cannot afford a world war any more than the United State can.

the moment the war begins both countries would annex their closest resource.
guaranteed

and believe me, you say that. but they could. china has 700 million extra people who would be put to work.
you're trying to tell me that it's not possible?
after world war one I wonder if they were saying the same thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Pft. China gives Pakistan head because they are afraid Pakistan will have it's islamic extremist militants target China with their nukes, and as long as the extremists are busy with the U.S. and europe and everyone else they will leave China for last.

I don't know why China would be afraid of Pakistan's nukes. China has them too, and prolly more then Pakistand does. Of course China is communist and hides basically all their military information from everyone so who really knows...? Not to mention China has more man power and probally better weapons too.

Hell as far as we know, the billions of dollars we (U.S) give Pakistan could be ending up in China's hands, thus keeping them happy and having a "bigger brother" watch over them from the big nasty bully from the west. Just a thought though.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

What IF

Some extremists group were some how able to gain access to some of Pakistan's Nuclear stockpile. They would be a threat not just to the West but also to China considering whats going on presently in their Western Province. Which some indigenous Islamic groups are resisting Chinese rule that are known to have Pakistani ties.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
China borders Pakistan. They have good reason to warn the US away. The US would never stand for Mexico being invaded by China.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Explanation: What IF

Some extremists group [say the USA as the CIA] were some how able to gain access to some of Pakistan's Nuclear stockpile. They would be a threat not just to the West [see my post above on how the USA is biggest threat to world peace] but also to China considering whats going on presently in their Western Flank aka Afghanistan. Where some USA military forces + CIA are resisting Taliban rule that are known to have Pakistani ties.

Personal Disclosure: Perfect setup for a false flag methinks!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I think you have to be dead, from the neck up not to see a war coming, hell I would grab my groin area and say... Within the next year!!!

The stage is being set, heck you can see it. The Euro collapse, Syria, Pakistan, Iran, Diplomacy is failing..

Itsa coming folks..

If it does not, Man we have some gifted Government diplomats and politicians.. See what I mean?

Hopes everyone got the last line..

Happy holidays....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No different than the US telling China: "Chinese threat to Taiwan is threat to US". Big deal.

Yeah...Except Taiwan was, at one time, a Chinese state.

If you go back far enough, wasn't it ALL China at one time? The whole Asian continent?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It seems possible giving the fact that there could be terrorists working in the Pakistani gov't...(just a thought do not know if that is true). If that's the case things could get grim pretty quickly It seems everyone is hiding behind their fence waiting for the first shot to be fired then its going to be a all out brawl.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

You know honestly that's a fair assessment, But keep in mind the US-CIA are not the only ones who are capable of a "False Flag" scenario...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The war table is set we all know who the guests are, China gettin all hard all of a sudden issuing threats what next giving usa ultimatums?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Since China appears to have America by the economic ties I don't see this as a serious matter. China uses U S A as means of economic survival so why be concerned? Only true indication of future problems lies in Obama seeking military base in Australia. China appears to dislike that invasion of China seas. Stay alert is best policy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Since China appears to have America by the economic ties I don't see this as a serious matter. China uses U S A as means of economic survival so why be concerned? Only true indication of future problems lies in Obama seeking military base in Australia. China appears to dislike that invasion of China seas. Stay alert is best policy.
But doesnt mind bullying beyond its own territorial waters aka Spratley islands

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I agree completely. Once a parasite latches on to another host, you should be thankful the willing host was so nearby.

Who do people think benefitted mostt from the supply routes through Pakistan? There are quite a few fat leaches over there, at our expense.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
China throwing weight round threatening major highway between china and pakistan and expect india to just sit back and watch china waltz through kashmir and cozy up to indias enemy pakistan .China concerned about the range of Indias agni ballistic missile

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
www.globalfirepower.com...

First, I am an isolationist, so for me this is just an intellectual excercise as I have no desire to be at war with anybody. With that said, look at the link I provided. The US military has nothing to fear from China or Russia, or both for that matter. Our Navy and Air Force could very handily take car of both of them. I know, I know, all you China leghumpers will scream "Foul", but just look at the numbers. Our military so far outclasses either of theirs that it almost isn't fair...almost. That is what happens when you pump hundreds of billions of dollars into defense spending.

A fair assessment, if it were 1937 (also: define "take care of them"). Any large and open war between the US, China and Russia (in any permutation) would quickly evolve into a large nuclear war. As MAD is really in no-one's interest, what we'll have is a bunch of proxy wars, just like in the good old cold war days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join