It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Form An International Employee Owned Company Designed For The Profit And Benefit Of All - inclu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I also wanted to add, one of the reasons why the mebership should be tiered in a manner such as the one i described is that the pay will be equalized.

My reasoning is that since the pay is equalized, then the responsibilities would be more based on willingness.
If someone has no desire to have mroe responsibilities, then there would be the possibility of remaining a Novice member for their entire membership lifespan.

This is also why I made some of the memberships with no set time limit. Not to punish, but to provide the option for members to find a level of responsibility that they are comfortable with.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That's excellent!

If we all keep voicing our idea's then eventually we can rewrite everything into one cohesive document that brings together all of our idea's.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Because this organization's home base will be on the Internet, I believe we'll also need to design an online voting system so as to provide all members instant voting abilities on all issues and promote 100% voter turn out.

This is of course getting ahead of what we're currently doing *establishing our founding business model* but wanted to throw it out there as food for thought...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

To form an international company owned and operated by it's employee's who share in the responsibilities, profits, use of profits and direction of the company.

Sounds like a Credit Union. Maybe more people should join them instead of the banks. I do not need an international conglomerate to run my business. I just need people to show up every day, and on time. I could give a rats arse about any other country's economy but my own, which is destroying it.
My profit is for myself/family, my employees and my church and charitable organizations that I deem worthy to give too.
edit on 12/5/2011 by mugger because: add

edit on 12/5/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

Yeah sounds like a good idea CK. I will write up the other parts tonight so they will be up by tommorow, then it will be easy to ammend anything after that.

Hopefully we get some more input from more people.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

To form an international company owned and operated by it's employee's who share in the responsibilities, profits, use of profits and direction of the company.

Sounds like a Credit Union. Maybe more people should join them instead of the banks. I do not need an international conglomerate to run my business. I just need people to show up every day, and on time. I could give a rats arse about any other country's economy but my own, which is destroying it.
My profit is for myself/family, my employees and my church and charitable organizations that I deem worthy to give too.

I understand what you're saying, and I wish you the best of luck in your business!

Hopefully the business we're designing here will help to stimulate the economies of all countries and allow increased global consumer spending. My hope is that we can design a business that ensures everyone has enough money to buy what they need and what they want. I don't know exactly what your business is, but I hope our members will be able to spend money there.

edit on 5-12-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Article IV
Leadership roles, purpose, and design
Section I
Leadership roles
Paragraph I
Senior Members, including Responsible, Renown, and Consulting members.

Paragraph II
All Senior members are required to vote on establishing the guidelines for the GOC.
Senior members are expected to make decisions based on the best interest and
original intent of GOC.
Senior members may be required to represent sub members in meetings, and represent their
voice and opinion.
Senior members are to work closely with Board members to establish fair and viable solutions
for the success of GOC.
Senior members will expected to lead sub members in the guidelines and original intent
of GOC.
Senior members are expected to implement and establish the directives of the
Board members, unless those directives contradict the original intent of GOC.
Senior members are responsible for the membership, it’s continued success,
And to make sure all members are acting within the original intent of GOC.
Senior members will be granted more privileges and responsibilities to be voted on by the
Members.

Paragraph III
Board members, their roles in the company, and the number of Board members

Paragraph IV
Board members are to be voted in by the members, all members who are eligible must be
nominated by another member to serve on the Board.
Serving on the Board is not mandatory.
Eligibility for the Board will include all senior members, and Experienced members.
The term of a Board member will be established at a further date.
A Board member may serve for an extended term if the members of GOC vote for this result.

Paragraph V
The role of the Board in GOC will be to decide and run the operations of GOC.
The Board will also be responsible for reviewing the success and/or failures of GOC,
and dealing with those situations as required.
The Board will be responsible for steering GOC in a business manner within the
original intent of GOC.
The Board will establish directives for GOC, to create a successful environment for the growth of
GOC, and the growth of its membership.
The Board will vote on which directives to pass, and vote on which direction to take GOC in the
Future.

Paragraph VI
In the event of a tie in the votes, (a tie will be established as within 2 votes), 5 members from
Outside the Board will be brought in, 2 from accounting, 2 from sales, and 1 from labour.
Each of the groups of two non-Board members will consist of 1 senior member and one full
member, in this way it will continue with the original intent of GOC.
The members will be chosen based on skills or length of time with GOC.
If the vote is still a tie, it will be Brought to a general vote of all members of GOC.
These steps may be circumvented if time is a factor, and the future of GOC is in question.

Paragraph VII
The number of Board member will be established at a future date, by vote of the membership.
For immediate purposes there will be a minimum of 11 Board members and a maximum of 25.
These limitations are for expediency in operations, and may be changed.

edit on 6-12-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Section II
The Purpose of the leadership in GOC, is to expedite and facilitate the running of operations of GOC.
Leadership is expected to act in accordance with the original intent of GOC.
Leadership is to represent the members of GOC.
Leadership shall not overrule the membership if a majority of members have voted to achieve a result.
Leadership is purposed with the success and future of GOC, and its fiscal goals.

edit on 6-12-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Article V
Meetings
Section I
Member seminars are to occur on a regular basis to discuss the future of GOC.
Member seminars will be designed and headed by Responsible members, and are
the main way for members to voice their opinions and concerns.
Member seminars are meant to endow knowledge of the operations of GOC, and it’s products
and future goals.
Member seminars will be further developed by the membership.

Section II
Senior Member seminars are to be held on a regular basis to discuss the future and current
Concerns and events of GOC.
Senior member seminars will be designed and headed by Consulting members, and will be a vehicle
For all information concerning GOC and it’s membership.
Senior member seminars are designed to problem solve, and think tank current and future problems
Or concerns.
Consulting members will discuss with the Board anything relevant to GOC.
Senior member seminars will be further developed by the membership.

Section III
Board meeting are to occur on a daily basis if possible.
A mandatory weekly Board meeting of all Board members will be held to discuss the operations of GOC.
Board meeting can be called at any time, if the situation requires it.
Content of Board meeting will be, but not limited to, operations of GOC, fiscal concerns, financial liabilities, future goals, new areas of development, possible investments for GOC, marketing of GOC,
Global economic concerns, and insurance and related concerns.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Article VI
Responsibilities of GOC.
Section I
The main responsibility of GOC will be to its membership and the original intent of GOC.
GOC also has a responsibility to its members to be fiscally sound and profitable business.

Section II
GOC also has a responsibility to the environment, and when financially viable, will move to progressively
More environmentally friendly based business practices.

Section III
GOC also has responsibilities to its investors who have invested in GOC though money and time, to become successful and profitable.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Alright so, we got a skeleton to work with now.

I will leave the ammendments part for now, wait till we have more input to decide how to handle ammendments.

I also think we will have to add a Preamble to establish the original intent of GOC clearly and so it can be referenced

Well everything is just rough, so feel free to add and adjust.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I am wonderring how things are going with the plan.

I am hoping things are dying out.

I think this is a positive idea. I hope it gains alot of support.
Perhaps i am just enthousiastic.

Well I hope some others post what they think, and involve themselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
"And the day came
when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

The time is so ready for something fresh and new to blossom

great thread

I have just PM you......

edit on 8-12-2011 by xsheep because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Well I am wonderring how things are going with the plan.

I am hoping things aren't dying out.

I think this is a positive idea. I hope it gains alot of support.
Perhaps i am just enthousiastic.

Well I hope some others post what they think, and involve themselves.

Don't worry, things aren't dying out, the party hasn't even started yet! Once things get rolling and people start realizing what we're doing, you'll wish it was quiet like this again.
the calm before the storm so to speak...

For those of you just tuning in, here's a question for you - What type of Company would you like to work for? By this I mean what things would cause you to wish you worked for a particular company? Medical Care? Dental Care? Hours? Wages? Overtime? Please give us examples of what You want! What? What? What?
edit on 8-12-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's an interesting idea, but as staff, I can't comment too much on this as it dangerously skirts the no recruitment policy in the Terms & Conditions..

Intriguing though...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by CaptainKostr

Okay, I understand a little better.

I think you might need to design a website maybe that would be a good first step.
It might be easier to developpe the idea on an individual site.

Yes, an independent website would be the place to start.

I hope you don't take any of this negatively. Trust me, I like the idea.

I do too.

edit on 12/10/11 by Druid42 because: had to add [ to fix broken post

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainKostr
I created this thread yes, but it is not "mine". The whole idea is supposed to be that this is a company in the making that belongs to everyone. I was simply the one who created a title and basic statement. It's my understanding that others have tried something like this here on ATS previously. Why it didn't work then I don't know?

Because you "hypothetically" would be recruiting members of ATS to join your "hypothetical" organization and it's against T&C. You are not blatantly violating T&C, because there is no such organization to recruit for, and you are merely discussing the possibilities of one such entity. It's a VERY gray area to work around. I wouldn't recommend pushing the issue.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to fix broken things. That's just me, always has been. When something breaks, the first thing I do is identify the problem. Once I identify the problem I try to repair or replace what's broken. Well, if something keeps breaking, it's time to start looking at why? Once I identify why it keeps breaking I redesign the thing that keeps breaking and fix the problem for good.

I feel for you. I like to fix things too. Don't be discouraged, just think a little smarter.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If you are unable to use ATS's U2U to send a message, please feel free to make contact via [email protected]

That is recruiting outside of ATS. It's not advisable to post personal emails in a post. T&C again.

It's easier to follow the rules. Think more, cause fewer ripples, and learn from your mistakes.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No private information obtained through ATS U2U personal messages will be released without prior consent.

Uhm, no information is EVER to be released from the u2u system, ever. That IS a blatant violation of T&C, and IS a bannable offense. Such talk is very careless.

I'm not wanting to rain on your parade, I'm just being a realist. Hopefully, you are able to learn a bit from a few pointers. Just trying to be helpful.

The subject of "Freedom of Speech" came up before on ATS. It helps if you realize there is no freedom of speech here. This is a PRIVATELY owned website, and there are T&C's in place for a reason. There is a wonderful staff of moderators here to make sure everyone follows them.

At first, thinking you have no freedom of speech on a conspiracy website seems horrible, but it's actually a good thing. It keeps thing civilized, organized, and helps to temper your own opinion against others.

In other words, the owners and mods run a pretty tight ship here. I, for one, like it that way.

As far as the OP goes, it is a really great idea, but in actuality, it's like being a pirate on a frigate on the open seas, and trying to attack a class 5 battleship. Well, that's not the best analogy, but I think you get the idea. Learn the rules first, then follow them.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Don't worry, things aren't dying out, the party hasn't even started yet! Once things get rolling and people start realizing what we're doing, you'll wish it was quiet like this again.
the calm before the storm so to speak...

A personal story...

Not so long ago,,,

in a fantasy land called Las Vegas

We had a dream... similar idea of a company with all the workers sharing, though we did have a group at the top to organize and keep the focus...

The dream was to create a theme park of sorts based on history and performing arts.

The idea started small, then as people jumped on the band wagon the ideas poured in and the concept got bigger and bigger and soon was unrealistically huge. This happened because everyone wanted their idea to be a piece of the whole.

Well in the end that huge concept was unworkable, so we had to scale it back. People then realised that if it was to become a reality, someone had to make decisions on what to add and what to leave out. So the core group shaved it down to a workable concept.

Not going to go into the details.. but we got pretty far in the process, even to the point of having secured venture capital for $200 million based on our business plan to be able to raise $10 million for our contribution, which was a mere 5% almost unheard of for an unknown group with little cash, just a grand idea.

So what happened? A couple of things...

1) we didn't have all the key skills in place before we started. We figured we could hire or recruitr as we needed once things got rolling...
2) we ran into a snag with the County re permitys for the first eveny despite the fact that the County had led us along to believe everything was okay. This is where not having one key skill cost us heavily

After that first setback... all hell broke loose... my partner had a heart attack and passed away, so we couldn't go ahead with the valiod law suit against the county. A few weeks later one of our key investors had a heart attack and passed, then a month after that one of our key fundraiser/promotors also passed of a heart attack.

After that the people with the project got cold feet and within a short time they all drifted away, out of state, a few even out of country and the project collapsed

I still have the letter for the 200 million... in fact I was told that with the current situation of no project starts here in Vegas that it would be even easier to fund this project now... sure... as people could really use work in construction here right now.

But the lack of having all the key skills in place before we started was a major blow when things started to go wrong...

And if everyone is a partner and thus involved in the decision making, you have a mess trying to get any decision to be agreed upon. Can be done, but its not easy so at some point you do need to have some type of governing lead that keeps the goals in line with the dream

The money is still available... the concept is sound... the preliminary work is still on file...but we would need to start literally from scratch to reform the group.

Now you speak of setting up a co-op on a global scale... and you likely have more skills in place than we had, but from our experience when everyone is involved in running the show... it is very difficult to come to agreements on where to take the project

I think your idea is great... but I would be interested to know your plans to get around such issues as we discovered

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join