It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler, New Evidence of the future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What if the future was unraveling right infront of us, we were warned, and did nothing about it? But eh, then again what if it was just a hoax. Who knows?

A few years ago back in 2009, there was a huge thread, as well as discussion on multiple websites about a supposed "time traveler" named future guy who was contacting us from the year 2104 (approx).

Preface about the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com... This is the original thread and it was later deemed a hoax and moved to the hoax section of the website.

It was basically a guy from the future, using a future technology that allows users to contact other internet users from the past via special towers. By doing this, he was able to talk to people on "imageboards" and message boards, as a way of entertainment. He did this for a few years (maybe starting in 2007? feel free to correct me on that) and people always questioned him, which he then gave answers.

So if it was a hoax, why am I starting this thread you ask? Basically to pose new "evidence" which may (or may not) lend credence to its claims.

Do note, that I do *believe* that In all likelihood, that thread was a hoax. Some guy having fun, creating a story and stringing people along with it like many topics on this website (no offense to anyone, just stating from what I have seen).The skeptic in me understand this, so I am not here to "debate" the legitimacy of the post its self, however I am definitely interested in the possibility of time travel, and there have been a few things that are either coming to pass, or even happened which makes this an interesting topic to look at, if even just for fun. Whether or not any of this is real is for you to decide.

Why now?

There is a specific reason I am making this thread now, and not say last year, or last month. I was reading my email, and came across this in the news:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now, to most people that looks like just another religious guy trying to make money, right? But to those of you who followed this topic of Futureguy, for however many years he had it, the first thing you might remember is this quote (found in the first page of the thread linked above):

Question(in response to how did the war start and who started it): lol who are these outsiders descended from? I might be able to take care of your problem for you.

FutureGuy: The chridom civil war was initiated by the CNPA. Most members of the redshirt youth were already members of the organizations that merged to form it, Christian Battlecry and Joel's Army. The core members of the CNPA were Ron Luce, Rick Warren, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and a few dozen more you'd probably recognize. Nearly all were charismatic television personalities or former politicians.

Now, Joel is no new face to television, but could this infact be the next step towards something bigger? Or could this just be a stretch that we should just laugh at? That's for you to decide.

Next up, the death of Steve Jobs. In 2009, Futureguy also predicted (or told us from the future) that Steve Jobs would die in 2011. Obviously everyone knows this happened, but for those of you who don't:

Originally posted by internetnz Interesting to note, future bro predicted that steve jobs may die in either 2010 or 2011, it has come to my attention that he only has months to live due to cancer. google "steve jobs cancer" in the news section over 823 different articles ranging from cnn to local tabloids all across the world Apparentally, not admitted yet... steve jobs has 6 weeks or 6months to live(can't remember)

abcnews.go.com...

Of course, we all knew he was sick. Even in 2009. But who knew he would die 2 years later?

Next up, Barak Obama becoming president. Yea, now we are going way back, this one was already discussed in the old threads, but numerous times he predicted Obama would become president before he did in 2008.

If anyone has his entire conversations saved from that other website, I would love to see them as I am sure so would others, as I have not read them in years.

In closing:
I am sure this can all be easily dissected and picked apart and even disputed, which is great actually. If there is anyone more well versed on the subject of FutureGuy, who has noticed anything else come true of his "tellings from the future" feel free to post them. Alternatively, if you think this is all hogwash, feel free to post that too.
edit on 30-11-2011 by BreadAndCircuses because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by BreadAndCircuses because: Added more to the preface for those who do not know the topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just wonder, when I read things like this, why a person (assuming the control of technology that can accomplish backward time travel) would choose to introduce information into the past (our present) that might well so violently alter the timeline that the traveler -- or at least the world as they know it -- ceases to exist.

Would I go back in time if I could and kill Hitler? I don't think so. What if what filled the vacuum of his absence was infinately worse? What if the world needed his atrocities to grow?

If I had the ability to travel backward in time, the only journey I would consider would be to thwart the genesis of that very technology.

jmho. Good food for though, this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Of course, we all knew he was sick. Even in 2009. But who knew he would die 2 years later?

you kind of debunk this one yourself... we all knew he was sick in 2009.. future guy predicts he will die in 2010 or 2011..

Doesnt take a rocket scientist (or even a time traveller) to work that one out..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
IF he were a time traveler, then he would be from an alternate universe, which would more than likely have different events in time. He would be altering events that would happen totally different from what he experienced.

For example: World War III may have broke out in his universe, where as it didn't here. So, he might change the whole course of history for us, that may have never occured.

Hope this made sense.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mumbichi

Would I go back in time if I could and kill Hitler? I don't think so. What if what filled the vacuum of his absence was infinately worse? What if the world needed his atrocities to grow?

Depends how you look at it... formation of the UN, Formation of the state of Israel, the cold war and even bin laden... who knows what the alternative time line would have been.. but grow.. if only....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
chrismicha you make sense. kind of like back to the future movies....

is this close to the thread you were looking for OP?

link

even things seem to remain in the hoax bin but i couldn't find what appeared to be the original one.
you never know...
edit on 30-11-2011 by horseplay because: type. pet peeve again

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Obama has already been elected, but if you can somehow prevent the passage of the bill that lowers the minimum age for presidential eligibility, Chelsea won't be able to run.

So FutureGuy says the minimum age for running for president will be lowered so that Chelsea can run in 2012. Umm, that's enough. It's a Constitutional requirement and will never happen, plus Chelsea has zero chance at this point. I think we can safely let this go back into oblivion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Good catch.

I am mainly saving this in my threads to read more in depth later.

It is the little details that everybody always overlooks that give these "people" away.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe everything has all ready changed. Maybe he did accomplish what he set out to do. lol we will never know.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you went back and killed Hitler, maybe the right hand man of Adolf would declare this as an assasination and be even more ruthless. Depends on the situation at that time, nobody knew Hitler would be a little dickens and march into Poland.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Sure, but against that is within context of our own experience and events. Simply removing Hitler doesn't necessarily mean that subsequent building events as we know them are maintained. Seems sort of like taking out a segment of a two-storey house's foundation and expecting that it will all remain static, except for the damaged foundation.

These are interesting mind experiments, and I don't mean to sound as if my thoughts are in conflict with yours. More like we're all engaged in a mental exercise.

I guess I can see that a point on a potential future timeline might be so horrific that a person from our future might be willing to sacrifice their own life for the possibility of changing it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BreadAndCircuses

If he's from the future why would he say Jobs dies in
10-11 why wouldn't he give a precise date as by the future he would die on a specific date.

If I were from the future, as much as I love it I wouldnt post on ats I'd drop a lotto ticket off at a relatives.

If you were from the future what would you do?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by mumbichi

Depends how you look at it... formation of the UN, Formation of the state of Israel, the cold war and even bin laden... who knows what the alternative time line would have been.. but grow.. if only....

It's not too hard to imagine what a Soviet army would do to Europe if Hitler was killed early in the war and Stalin was able to push forward as easily as he desired, without an Allied army there to mitigate some of his force. What would be the final death toll?

The fact Hitler was able to avoid dozens of assassination attempts actually seems to suggest that protective time travelers were at work already. Same thing with Castro. Hard to imagine that anybody is that lucky on their own.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
reply to post by BreadAndCircuses

If he's from the future why would he say Jobs dies in
10-11 why wouldn't he give a precise date as by the future he would die on a specific date.

If I were from the future, as much as I love it I wouldnt post on ats I'd drop a lotto ticket off at a relatives.

If you were from the future what would you do?

I'd give myself a winning lottery ticket....
the future and time ~ what is real and what is parallel?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I know it's not true at all, but here's an alternate view. If you had the ability to communicate with the past, you could lie about things that were going to happen in the future if it pushed your agenda.

For instance, if I wanted John McCain elected in 2008, I could say that Obama ends up winning the election, and then goes on to lock the majority of the US population up in internment camps by 2010. This, of course, isn't true, but it could have the effect of altering the time line such that McCain wins the election.
edit on 11.30.2011 by NeutralGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well I read thru both of the threads and the Joel Osteen article and I just dont see this as the beginning of anything. ATS and other sites of similar nature are filled with schizophrenics and people who latch onto/concoct the craziest theories anyone can imagine. and for some reason ATS loves to indulge these nuts. Or even more likely its a guy looking to get a few laughs off of gullible people.

If I was able to reach the past and provide information ATS is exactly where id go to spread messages about the coming civil war. I mean think about all the people here who make reasoned arguments and are in such powerful positions

As for GB Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee being involved in a group to kill off non Christians in response to a gay atheist being elected......can so say ultra liberal wet dream. Why would anyone even give a grain of credibility to this.....I know its hard to argue with someone who calls himself future guy tho

I think it may be time to disconnect from ATS for a while

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mumbichi

If I had the ability to travel backward in time, the only journey I would consider would be to thwart the genesis of that very technology.

Oh come on. If you have the technology to go back in time and killing Hitler makes things worse than you could go back in time again and make sure that he lives....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Oh come on. If you have the technology to go back in time and killing Hitler makes things worse than you could go back in time again and make sure that he lives....

And to further piggyback, if time travel were ever possible in the future, it would be pretty safe to assume that all problems that arise/arose throughout history would be corrected to make sure we stayed on the proper course. That would also imply that we're on the path to utopia now.

I'm pretty sure time travel will never be possible.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Maybe........... what if the killing of him resulted in a worse situation that changed the timeline such that I returned to a time where time travel was not possible? That's what I meant when I said that I'd destroy the technology if it were left up to me.. What if every attempt at correction leaves behind a stain that makes it increasingly more difficult to correct?

This isn't a new concept, really. I've always enjoyed SF stories related to time paradox. Still, it's a good thought experiment. Given the poor level of understanding regarding global (and temporal!) repercussions we've exhibited prior to kicking loose humanity's inventions, would we or should we dare to try this one? One that might have irreversible changes?

Not me. Nice to meet you, by the way. Love the song and the image.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Every single time he was asked to name an event that happened in late 2009 (the months following the online conversation) he either deflected the question or else gave the ridiculous excuse that he couldn't access an encyclopaedia or resource. Read the conversation. Every single time...

Total phoney. Deservedly in the HOAX bin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join