It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really going to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I see doom and gloom with many people here, I am guilty of it to....
The economy is in the toilet, several countries are close to or have went belly up on the economic side of things...
But seriously...whats really going to happen when the US goes bankrupt? Do they get hyper inflation by printing more money? Do they change the dollar to something else? The world will not stop turning, and the sun will rise and set over and over...
So whats the best and worst that can happen if we go belly up? What SHTF would you see or not see from this?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Nothing and everything no one knows for sure. I guess all I can add is "prey for the best and prepare for the worst"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Worst case scenario: the one grown kid that FINALLY moved back out of my house will end up moving back in!!

Best case scenario: the other grown kid still living at home moves the heck out and both kids never have to move back in again!!

Sorry- today I can't see past how the current economic situation affects me on a purely personal level!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

As soon as America is unable to defend itself any number of different countries will attack, America will still have some of it's arsenal including the dreaded 'nuke's' and that would probably be the end of our health on a global scale.
The fall of an American economy would hurt several other places for a while which may cause revolts and rioting but eventually anyone thats left will be ill from various war related toxins, population would decline pretty dramatically and the more remote places will pick up where the seats of power left off.

That is my 'American economic collapse scenario'

But even if the yankee economy collapse's things will likely not get that bad as America would still be able to defend itself provided they pulled out of all of the places they currently involve themselves in.

However, without America there to saber rattle other countries might become more ambitious and start something stupid.

The real danger lies with pandemic threats, natural disasters and any possible NWO related moves.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Worse=we die off every single one of us.
Best= we slowly rebuild and make sure we never do it again.
But I agree I think the way people are talking on this site you would think we are heading for SHTF but I don't think we will use nukes, maybe another war on the way but when was the last time we were all at peace...I know never.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Worst case scenario: the one grown kid that FINALLY moved back out of my house will end up moving back in!!

Best case scenario: the other grown kid still living at home moves the heck out and both kids never have to move back in again!!

Sorry- today I can't see past how the current economic situation affects me on a purely personal level!

You and my father would get along well. cheer up mate, all fathers in western countries can't get their kids out of the house. Hell! i'm 32 and only moved from my parents house about 3 years ago after having to move back in 3 years before that.

It's the economy, your kids would love nothing more then to have autonomy, trust me on this.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Nothing and everything no one knows for sure. I guess all I can add is "prey for the best and prepare for the worst"

This is the same thing I have been thinking lately...just live life and roll with the punches.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is nothing more than my opinion. Take it for what you will.

First, we are currently seeing the banks and other financial institutions begin to fall apart at the seems. The S-P downgraded their credit-worthyness yesterday and that alone should have caused a huge run away from the stock market this morning. Instead, many Central banks around the world got together and pumped a bunch more fake money into the system to allow more credit to flow. China even had to pump a little money into their system just to counter-act the burp it caused.

So this morning the market is soaring higher than ever. More fake money was injected into a fake economy so that we can all hold on to our hats for a little while longer.

All this has done is kciked the can down the road for a little while longer. We may get through to the new year but I think we are going to be hard-pressed to maintain this false-front for much longer.

Second, prices on goods and services are starting to reach unsustainable levels. We will be spending most of our income on food in the near future, and that will also take a toll on many jobs.

It is my opinion that we are about to reach a critical turning point within months, if not weeks, and we are going to see the wheels fall off the cart. I am not a doom and gloom type of guy, but this is what I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It all seems to be possible, what your saying...It would really suck once people wake up and panic...or if the people with there hands out all the time..getting assistance that they don't need and shouldn't have to begin with...when they quit getting free $$ from uncle sam...we are going to have to hold on to our socks!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If people stop blaming others for their debt and live within their means, paying off and getting rid of credit cards, loans, not buying every new iphone that comes out and if all welfare and unemployment stopped, the federal reserve and their banks gotten rid of, we'll should be in good shape!

Remember it's a system based on the people feeding it. Without people shelling out cash for the many things they don't need and can't afford the system wouldn't be.
edit on 30-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Your right most likely.
Assuming we don't have an asteroid impact or something the species known as man will "keep on keeping on" as Joe Dirt said.

Most likely scenario is that this country and others will experience very hard financial times and probably will experience a severe economic collapse. Many countries are linked economically so if one major player goes under then most likely they will drag down others with them.

history shows that when governments do what they are doing today it leads to hyper-inflation so I see no reason to expect otherwise.

Unemployment will skyrocket to the point people will pray for what we have today. Prices will inflate to crazy levels and all but the richest, luckiest or best prepared will be able to pay for needed items.

It sure is nice to have smart phones, cable TV, video games, nice vehicles, internet service and eat out a few times a week but when you get to the bottom line all we really need to live / survive is shelter, food, water & air.

So far air is still free.......
Shelter can be a s little as a tent which is cheap.
Water is abundant if you know where to get it and purify it if needed

Food is getting more expensive weekly and may get to the point during a collapse where most can't afford enough of it
I have stored enough dry goods (wheat, rice, pasta, beans...ect) to last my family for 9-12 months and have enough seeds stored (heritage seeds) to grow very large gardens for a few years.
We also have canned goods (store bought & home canned) that will last for about 3 months.

I just recently moved from the city to a country setting where we have our own well so water isn't an issue.

You also have to put some thought on defending what you have or it could be taken from you, we have that covered also.

If you live in the country or even a suburban setting where you have a yard it isn't very hard to prepare to supplement your food source.
I don't want to say people who live in the cities are doomed to suffer, but I don't really know how they will be able to grow food adequately to survive and there will be so very many competing for what resources they do have there.

I know it's easy to say and harder to do but my advice to those that CAN do it is.........

Get rid of as much debt as you can and don't owe on any loans or credit cards
Move to a more suburban / country setting,
Learn to grow your own food as much as possible
Have a well
Store enough food to get through 6-12 months
Have a way to defend your family and what you own
edit on 30-11-2011 by mwood because: added content

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
best : not reading any more doomsday threads.

worst : nothing life will go on as it always has.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It wont be the end of the world. Empires come and go. Looks at what happened to Great Britain or more recently Russia. You will adapt and have a more balance position in the world. I am sure the US will be a force in the world for many years to come..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

What I have seen is that more and more people are having to ask for a "handout". Things are tough out there. We all may end up being in a position where we need to rely on someone else or each other to make it!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by saltdog

What I have seen is that more and more people are having to ask for a "handout". Things are tough out there. We all may end up being in a position where we need to rely on someone else or each other to make it!

People hit hard times, I know, But the ones that do nothing to better themself...those are the ones that i m refering to...and like you said...asking for a handout...rely on someone else or each other to make it!!....YES each other..NOT the government...do expect something for nothing...the programs are there to assist people, but they are being extremely abused by lazy, no good, dirt bags of society..they dont do anything because they are not encouraged to...they get rewarded for being lazy and paid more to sit on there asses and do nothing...than if they had a job.

Sorry about the rant, but its all true, yeah some might not like it, but the trueth hurts sometimes....now we all need to just help fix it...cut there amounts, punish them with less if they have kids and are on it...they are using that to get more $$...make it so that they have to have some job...because I am sick and tired of seeing people eating steaks and all name brand goods and then use welfare card to pay for it....I wish they would just get a standard bag of items...like noodles hamburger sauce bread milk and butter...thats all you get... make it work because you get nothing else till next week...oh and if your caught with alcohol or tobacco then you lose your free bag of food, because it you can have cash to buy alcohol and tobacco, then you don't need help from others...Thats just how I feel..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Best: The world powers stop fighting like spoiled brats, using this world and its people as simple little figurines to be thrown away at the turn of game play. We get away from the credit system at lower levels. Learn to love one another, and reduce a need for me.

Worst: The world powers get into a true pissing contest, and pull out the big guns. However, a mist our total demise, THEY intervene somewhat like white knights. Knocking at the doors of all whom had anything to do with perpetuating the destruction of the true system since its inception. The world powers will run, you and I will run. To protection, to shelter we will go, patiently awaiting the day the door shall receive a knock. Enter our homes they shall, unrestricted. We will stand in awe of their beauty,and in the power of their presence we shall be judged. The executions swift.

I'm just saying, just my take.

You asked I answered.

Good day!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good news is people would actually get back to realizing what is important in life, people may once again have pride in themselves, their country and the government will go back to what it was originally designed for. Bad news many will suffer and may even die from starvation, lack of medicine, freezing to death, violence- you name it.

If you are a politician- good news you don’t get re-elected, bad news you either get thrown in jail or hung for treason.

new topics

top topics

join