It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I've noticed this as well.....kind of like "I'm gonna get mine, and if someone gets hurt, it's not my problem".....decline of society.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Even a forum moderator is flaming me! I am so sick of this BS. What does it take to change ATS to a more accepting place. I am so angry! It is not fair I am a very nice person but I am treated like scum? WHY???

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
WHy did this change to rant? Does this mean ATS is not going address this FORUM issue? This is not just A RANT but a serious problem on ATS that can drive people away! Please ATS Moderators do something about this issue!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Even a forum moderator is flaming me!

Which Moderator is flaming you?

Apart from myself...who has not in any way flamed you, quite the contrary, I've been supportive of your viewpoint...the only other Mod who has responded was getreadyalready...and I wouldn't view their reply as a flame at all...if anything a serious question and a potential alternative viewpoint and approach.

Re:moving of thread to Rant - that is something probably best able to be answered by the Staff Member who moved it. You should have received a message advising you of the move and which Mod did it.

If you didn't, looking through the ATS's action logs...I see it was moved by elevatedone (just click on their name-link to send them a query if you haven't done so already).

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

burdman30ott6 he said I was gaming the system. To me gaming means cheating the system. This is an attacking sentence. I am sorry but I have been here 2004 and in the last year I continue to see negativity grow I have just had enough of it.
I hope ATS has a solution because everytime I get on ATS anymore I get very upset. I want to feel welcome here. I am a good person with good intentions who share my beliefs to help others understand different issues.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Don't get so defensive on ATS, it's just a forum, THAT'S it!

Sometimes I feel that if you become too biased in your own thread, you'll start getting attacked for your opinions.

But you are right, there are a few members here on ATS that have to lash out at other people on here. Not fair, but what can you do. Keep trudging

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Ok I will try to ignore comments but I am a fighter and always fight for my beliefs. It is hard for me just to stop sometimes because I want other to have the same compassion as I do but after a while it gets counter productive and I need to realize I can't change the world. In the 1980s in school I was told I could change the world in same way and words were powerful? What happened to those ideals?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Ok I will try to ignore comments but I am a fighter and always fight for my beliefs. It is hard for me just to stop sometimes because I want other to have the same compassion as I do but after a while it gets counter productive and I need to realize I can't change the world. In the 1980s in school I was told I could change the world in same way and words were powerful? What happened to those ideals?

You have to also realize that you cannot oppress your beliefs onto others. It will only backfire on you.

You made an important observation that you can't change the world. What you can do is have an impact on the world. It all starts with a dream, passion, and a never ending thirst for knowledge. Typing on this forum won't get you anywhere.

On this forum, realize there are a lot of critics, academics, and others who will rip apart anything you say if it affects their values, realms, and beliefs. Usually authors of threads have an agenda, and most people reading the threads can see right through the author.

My question to you is what do you want to change what you see in your outer world?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Even a forum moderator is flaming me! I am so sick of this BS. What does it take to change ATS to a more accepting place. I am so angry! It is not fair I am a very nice person but I am treated like scum? WHY???

I know how hard it can be...
Water off a ducks back?
Maybe, when all else fails you just look up, raise your crutches, smile and shout out :
"TIMMAH!!"

He doesn't ultimately care what others think of him and refuses to let them drag him down to their level.
How can you get mad at them? After all, you don't even know them or they you.

I take off my internet armor and hand it to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by TheMindWar

There is a difference if you see my latest thread you will see what I mean where some attacked me upfront.

I had a look at that thread. Nobody "attacked" you, they just disagreed with you.

I think your being overly sensitive.

edit on 29-11-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
While I can understand you wanting a non-judgmental site and an open exchange of ideas from and for everyone, why do you insist stating "Right Wing Wackos" twice in the OP? Kinda goes against the point of your topic IMO.

Wackos have a right to be heard as well...Right or Left.

edit on 29-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I have been sneaking around reading ATS longer than I've been a member, I and have noticed that ATS like other sites draw some 'flamers'. People that do nothing but run from one site to another and flame on w/e subject matter is being discussed.Another name for them is internet trolls. They have no mind to add to the subject nor discuss the pros and cons for and against what someone posted . They are only interested in seeing how much they can upset people and get them mad. It's a shame really, I guess I'm just getting old or something. My mother taught me that if you don't have anything intelligent to add, then shut up.Better to leave them guessing if your dumb or not than to prove you are! Either way don't be discouraged, the best way to handle them is to just act like they never said a word at all.and only answer the posts that really talk about the subject.When they find they can't get you upset, they will go flame someone else's post on another site.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You know what? I have been a member only for a few months and I have already seen a lot of negativity and it bothers me a lot. People need to understand that there are so many different people that will obviously have many different things to say about one topic. Everyone should be welcome to what they think. People need to CHILL.

In the meantime don't let these trolls get to you. Every time I see a negative comment I ignore it because it obviously came from an arrogant and ignorant halfwit.

Thumbs up for creativity!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davereality

In the meantime don't let these trolls get to you. Every time I see a negative comment I ignore it because it obviously came from an arrogant and ignorant halfwit.

Thumbs up for creativity!

Firstly, not all trolls are half-wits. Some are actually pretty smart.

Secondly, you seem to have a biased belief: comments which you BELIEVE are negative sounding must originate from someone who is either arrogant, ignorant, or both. Have you considered that fact that there is a difference in beliefs here, and that since none of you understands one another deeply enough to care for the others' thoughts, that automatically you deem the other wrong?

Bravo, you just created a viscous cycle of miscommunication and negativity.

Lastly, I don't see creativity anywhere in this thread. Can you please expand on what you mean when you say "thumbs up for creativity" please? I don't share the same views as you so it is a little hard for me to see where you are going with your post.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: spell check

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know...I think ATS is better than it ever has been in some respects...

With all the ads...money is flowing in better than ever!

With all the changes and upgrades...it has become almost impossible to do anything anymore.

With all the new T & C's...posting almost anything can be a violation.

All the new members...makes it almost impossible to have intellectual discussion anymore.

Trolls galore...make every experience here unforgettable.

The constant name calling...well everyone gets a title at some point in time.

I love the new ATS...I could leave but my curiosity of the next great thing keeps me coming back!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
In my humble opinion, ATS took a sharp turn into uncharted waters when they went Live on Facebook in a bizarre merge of two subcultures from opposite ends of the earth. I prefer the old dark ATS over its current bubbly form.

I have also seen the posts in threads turn vicious against individual members with no attention to the OP or the topic whatsoever. Just a hit and run mentality with no desire to contribute. It is especially prevent in the Political Forums.

I just hope ATS does not add a "what's on your mind?" status update feature. Hey everyone! I just farted. Neato!

Hahahaha, it depends on if that would bring in more ad revenue or not. I guess we could all send a letter to SO and tell him we are willing to pay for the privilege of using this site for our own entertainment, that sure would cut down on the yahoos.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I dont think you should fight anymore as you say for yourself, because of this very thread. Ive noticed too....as long as you fight...someone will always disagree and fight right back. And that gets me tired out. We've way too many "young-ones"...and many live in make-believe video-game-worlds....but thats the nature of an "INTERNET". Its all good...just pick your battles.

It used to be you could start a thread or give and opinion without getting an "Oh YEAH? What about...." thrown back at you. Another member told me to just watch what subjects you reply to, and what threads you start.

Unless of course, you want a battle. Watch what I get back now for saying this!! Peace.........

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
I agree with OP. I am pretty new here and enjoyed reading many threads before I joined. Then when I posted something that was very dear to me, something that was a very personnal experience I got ran over. Total disrespect of my feelings. I don't care if you don't agree with my views. I do take it personnal when you attack me for what I believe.

So I have stopped sharing anything that is personnal here. And by personnal I mean things that I hold very close to me and define who I am.

I've had the exact same pattern happen to me.

Attacking seems easier then discuss a subject with critical thinking.
I don't always agree in what people believe, but I don't attack them, I prefer to understand them.

Understanding both sides sharpens character and makes us wiser.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I guess the real question here is... Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be happy?

At the end of the day, does it really matter what some faceless person has to say via a message forum?

If you are true to yourself, live by your ideals isn't that all that really matters?

I get what you are saying about the 80's message, and yes, being an 80's girl, I remember that speech. But at some point, you realize *you as in everybody in general, myself included, not you directly* that you may not Change the World.. but you do change lives. I know I have.

I would like to pass on the best advice I have gotten about being an active member on a message forum, "Take what you need and leave the rest"
Try it, it might actually work well for you.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Justaposter because: Hit post too quickly

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by alien

burdman30ott6 he said I was gaming the system. To me gaming means cheating the system. This is an attacking sentence. I am sorry but I have been here 2004 and in the last year I continue to see negativity grow I have just had enough of it.
I hope ATS has a solution because everytime I get on ATS anymore I get very upset. I want to feel welcome here. I am a good person with good intentions who share my beliefs to help others understand different issues.

Sometimes taking a break from any site is needed. This should be a place a person comes to fart around and perhaps learn something new, or hopefully see things from a different side. Not to cause stress.

There is no shame in taking a break. Perhaps when you come back you will be recharged. Life is too short to be dragged down by a forum.

JMHO on this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join