It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just don't get them. My wife and I are newly weds, the other night we go out to dinner and while talking to the waitress I refer to my wife as my girlfriend. My wife suddenly grows horns and starts breathing fire while she is starring daggers at me. Latter she tells me how pissed off that made her. So next time we go out to diner and tell the waitress that the woman sitting across from me is NOT my girlfriend and the results from that were so much worse

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

They very rarely use reason/logic in everyday normal situations. Tis why you have friends. Also, emotionally imbalanced. They all are under 30.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
wait a seconds, just to clarify. The seconds time you did NOT refer to her as your girlfriend? so what did you refer to her as?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You got a death wish? LOL

She owns you, now. You are supposed to behave...

I think she felt diminished, and as if you were telling the waitress that you were eligible. That's a no-no...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
wait a seconds, just to clarify. The seconds time you did NOT refer to her as your girlfriend? so what did you refer to her as?

Nothing i just told the waitress that the woman i was sitting with was not my girlfriend. I said "She is not my girlfriend" while pointing at her.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Nothing i just told the waitress that the woman i was sitting with was not my girlfriend. I said "She is not my girlfriend" while pointing at her.

Christ you're digging yourself a deep one. With lines like that one wonders how you were in a relationship long enough to even get married lol

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I had a similar situation with an ex once upon a time. Referred to her as my "old lady" while we were dating with a friend while on the phone or something. Something along the lines of "Let me ask the old lady if it's alright to hang out with ya" and she flipped. First telling me she wasn't old and all that. Had to explain to her that it was a term of endearment and it never worked. Luckily for me, she broke up with me a few months later. Couldn't imagine how it woulda turned out after of few years and accidentally reffered to her as my ball and chain, lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Women are funny that way.
You never take me out!!!
So you do and they just find something else to whine over.

Divorce and being single seems less painful.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I think she felt diminished, and as if you were telling the waitress that you were eligible. That's a no-no...

Thats what I took from it as well.. trying to give the waitress the message you were not married.. and then later trying to be an ahole to just to piss off your wife.. and still flirt with the waitress..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If your not trolling then the best thing to to is to open up communications. When I was newly wed, I called my wife my gf to someone, she laughed and said, "Oh really? I wonder what your wife would say about that!"

It was pretty funny, but I eventually started calling her my wife like its second nature.

Just let her know it was an accident, you really do lover her (hopefully) and its hard to change!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

haha.. why don't you put your wife on line so we can get her version of the story.. because if you did this pointing at her and saying she wasn't your girlfriend..you seem to enjoy headgames..and pissing off your wife..and no wonder she is pissed with you.

Way back in the day when I waitressed I saw too many husbands like you.. disrespectful..caring more about how the waitress would see you than your wife...how sad for your wife..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Just let her know it was an accident, you really do lover her (hopefully) and its hard to change!

It certainly wasn't an accident the second time around..he was looking for trouble...

link   
From being married & divorced, I'd never re-marry and if it ever happened I'd make quite sure she had a sense of humor that could live up to my shenanigans.

If you're looking for advice: Get out while you're still young!

link   

Originally posted by saabster5
I had a similar situation with an ex once upon a time. Referred to her as my "old lady" while we were dating with a friend while on the phone or something. Something along the lines of "Let me ask the old lady if it's alright to hang out with ya" and she flipped. First telling me she wasn't old and all that. Had to explain to her that it was a term of endearment and it never worked. Luckily for me, she broke up with me a few months later. Couldn't imagine how it woulda turned out after of few years and accidentally reffered to her as my ball and chain, lol.

Luckily for her she saw the signs and got the hell out..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is obvious that, not only do you not get women, you doesn't understand how to behave in public.

Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you like it if some hunky waiter came to your table, and your wife says, "Oh, he's my boyfriend" while pointing at you, when you just got married? Worse yet, after that, another dinner, another hunky waiter, and she says, "He's NOT MY BOYFRIEND" while pointing at you?

First of all, it is not the waitress' business who you are dining with. She is there to take your order and serve you. Period. Bringing up the relationship between you and your wife, and then messing up on it, is screw-up #1. Screw-up #2 is not understanding that your wife resents your covert (or maybe, not so covert) flirting with a stranger in a public place. Screw-up #3 is not valuing the vows you just took by indicating she's a "girlfriend" instead of a wife, subtly indicating that you could possibly be available.

Biggest screw-up #4: You did it again, only this time, you not only disrespected your relationship as husband and wife, but you indicated that she is nothing to you and you are totally available.

You not only dug a hole, but you filled it with B.S., jumped in up to your nose, and then made fun of the whole thing on this site.

If my husband did that to me, he would be in the doghouse for at least a week afterwards. Some men think it's funny to tick their wives off, as if they are still little boys pushing mama's buttons. If mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. Remember these words, young grasshopper, and not just when you're in divorce court dividing up your assets.

Don't be surprised if the next time you're in the mood, your wife tells you she's got a headache.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Reminds me of the time i called her a battle axe

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I just don't get them. My wife and I are newly weds, the other night we go out to dinner and while talking to the waitress I refer to my wife as my girlfriend. My wife suddenly grows horns and starts breathing fire while she is starring daggers at me. Latter she tells me how pissed off that made her. So next time we go out to diner and tell the waitress that the woman sitting across from me is NOT my girlfriend and the results from that were so much worse

You're making it sound like she's not permanent in your life, just a passing fancy, only a girlfriend. You're still available.

Maybe she should start introducing you as her first husband?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Mamabeth will tell you your future for you...
I see many dinners consisting of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
I see many nights sleeping on the sofa.
I also see many nights not getting anything

I see your laundry being washed in hot water and bleach,especially your jeans
Be nice to your wife,remember she does cook your meals for you.

Now, go buy flowers,candy and give her a big kiss and tell her you're sorry.
You might as well get used to saying sorry now.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
It is obvious that, not only do you not get women, you doesn't understand how to behave in public.

Obvious that i don't get women? Did you read i am married, Jelly?

Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you like it if some hunky waiter came to your table, and your wife says, "Oh, he's my boyfriend" while pointing at you, when you just got married? Worse yet, after that, another dinner, another hunky waiter, and she says, "He's NOT MY BOYFRIEND" while pointing at you?

I never said the waitress was hunky, i never even said she was attractive. I mean sure she had some good birthing hips but that is about it. I would not get mad if my wife called me her boyfriend, we just got married its an honest mistake. I also would not get offended if she said i was not her boyfriend, because i am not i am her husband.

First of all,

First of all really? You are going to say all that other crap and THEN say first of all? The nerve...

it is not the waitress' business who you are dining with.

That is debatable, especially when you consider how i met my wife...

Bringing up the relationship between you and your wife, and then messing up on it, is screw-up #1. Screw-up #2 is not understanding that your wife resents your covert (or maybe, not so covert) flirting with a stranger in a public place.

Flirting? What am I 14??? Please if you are still an adult and flirting with waitresses then you have bigger issues than I.

Screw-up #3 is not valuing the vows you just took by indicating she's a "girlfriend" instead of a wife, subtly indicating that you could possibly be available.

Biggest screw-up #4: You did it again, only this time, you not only disrespected your relationship as husband and wife, but you indicated that she is nothing to you and you are totally available.

You not only dug a hole, but you filled it with B.S., jumped in up to your nose, and then made fun of the whole thing on this site.

Thank you, I had no idea Gloria Allred posted on ATS

If my husband did that to me, he would be in the doghouse for at least a week afterwards. Some men think it's funny to tick their wives off, as if they are still little boys pushing mama's buttons. If mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. Remember these words, young grasshopper, and not just when you're in divorce court dividing up your assets.

Don't be surprised if the next time you're in the mood, your wife tells you she's got a headache.

Well it is quite obvious what is going on here, you married a purse holder and think that is how all men should be.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm glad I married a woman with a sense of humor.

Playful jabs are kind of our thing. People who don't know us think we're weird - we just both have strange senses of humor.

OP - if I did exactly what you did mine would just find a way to embarrass me in public or something. Yours will learn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join