It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Xbox Kinect to be able to read lips, emotions, voices, capable of spying on the people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.tomsguide.com...

The article states that the Kinect 2 accessory will be capable of reading lips, deducing emotions, and voice recognition. It will be paired with the next Xbox system and there's a possible Windows version. If that is a feature in a game system, one can only assume this same tech is available for government or private use already. Considering malls wanted to track you by your phone, which just got shot down, maybe something like this could be there next try to market and advertise to you. I could also see the TSA installing something like this to look for "terrorists". What about those smart poles I've been reading up on? I'm sure this could be integrated into them as well to spy on the people. Accompanying links below.

consumerist.com...

www.tsa.gov...

hubstreetequipment.com.au...
edit on 29-11-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Big brother is watching you. Literally.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is why I never got Kinect in the first place, always seemed like the perfect spying tool that almost no one was aware of.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As someone who already has the Kinect, we are already paranoid enough to switch the damn Xbox off at the wall when we don't require it.
If anyone does forget it doesn't take long before we spot the terminator eye spying on us.
God help anyone who decides to wander round the house nekkid.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Haha that is nothing, try this EPOCH Emotive

They can read your brainwaves with this. It is for Xbox, and PC. New titles should be out next year I think for Xbox.

Why read you lips, when they can just track your brainwaves haha

Maybe both huh...??

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Soon enough that thing is going to qualify as a source for loads of "probable cause" excuses to send a SWAT team to kick in your door and shoot your dog.

Said the wrong thing. Expressed the wrong emotion. Made a "bad" gesture or glare.

You could be a threat to yourself or others. Theyre only kicking in your door for your own good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What is the point of Kinect?
Kinect is a marketing tactic for MS to loads of money and drag causal gamers into core gaming which actually worked out for them just like the Wii.
What did Sony and MS do? They did what Nintendo did. Get into the family market and a load of money.
What have Sony done recently? Sony have been researching controllers that reacts to how you feel. Eg if your feeling stressed or relaxed the game would responded differently.
Oh look MS have come out something along those lines too so they can compete in the next generation consoles expected to arrive in the next 2-3 years.
I doubt TSA are going to spend their time looking for terrorists playing Kinect.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by Suspiria

They can turn it on remotely if they want to.

You'd have to yank the plug from the wall to stop them. Even still they could produce units with a battery to give it just enough juice to run when they believed it beneficial and turn it on over the Internet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

They spy on us enough as it is. 90% of phones released today have front and back facing cameras, that's two perspectives of our surroundings. Then comes laptops with built in webcams, then comes Kinect, and DS. We are already being watched in every way possible. Stores with cameras hooked up to online databases rather than the old school VHS method. We have cameras on street poles with the capability of seeing a few blocks, and these are placed on a pole every few blocks. We have satellite systems that can see anywhere, at any time. A new Kinect reading emotions shouldn't be news to anyone..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the Emotive equipment link, never heard of it. I have said myself for years I hate how more and more electronics are unable to be turned off, only standby. To another poster, I never thought about the multi camera setup in phones and tablets as a way to get multiple vantage points. I've disconnected the camera in my netbook when I replaced the hard drive in it. I should get on the ball and do the same in my laptop, despite the fact I disabled them in the bios, uninstalled drivers and software, and installed Linux on one of them, you can never be too careful.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
This is why I never got Kinect in the first place, always seemed like the perfect spying tool that almost no one was aware of.

I guess they figure, we'll spy on you and make it fun
say cheese
edit on 29-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
aww, what a waste of money...now my brother has to buy kinect 2, after getting the first.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I suspect the only time it's beneficial to spy on me is when I'm knackered, jumping up and down in front of the TV looking like a wild woman to some game.
They'll have no breath in them from laughing to kick my door in and shoot the dog.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well...

If you are worried about that, don't buy it.
And then again, if you are worried about that stuff you won't ever know anyway, since you probably have no internet connection to read about it. Or an Xbox or what ever technololgy.

Thanks for the tech topic, can't wait to get lipsynced!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I suspect the only time it's beneficial to spy on me is when I'm knackered, jumping up and down in front of the TV looking like a wild woman to some game.
They'll have no breath in them from laughing to kick my door in and shoot the dog.

You'd think so. In the US they can confiscate any property they want as long as it is related to certain investigations.

They can simply see you have a lot of expensive stuff they can fence or auction off and use that to kick in your door.

Whether or not they were in the right is irrelevant since it can take years to clear your name and people rarely ever get their stuff back because the system makes the process too expensive and timely to pursue.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Damn..I better put the Elgin Marbles back in the attic then with my 42 Imperial Faberge eggs.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
... And I thought Kinect 1 was creepy enough. My best friend haves one, and it's impressive how the damn thing can recognize you by your body type, and switch between male/female just by passing in front of it. Funny fact is my best friend's english is terrible, so the kinect doesn't react to his commands... but mine (I've turned off the thing once when he was in the middle of a game
). Now the thing is going to read emotions... i think the damn games would turn off when i'll be standing in front of it because i always have this lazy stare... or maybe the dance games will turn more difficult! who knows.

It's a fun gadget, but i would never buy one. And if for some reason of destiny i get one, i'll sleep with it turned off, disconnected from the console and covered with a towel hahahah

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Anyone actually stupid enough to get a cam, much less the kinect and keep it hooked up to the xbox which is connected to the internet 24/7 and expect it to be for them not against them. Let them get monitored. Nothing is for our best interest when it comes to anything that involves the internet.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't mind the Kinect, as long as I can unplug it... But the next Xbox is rumored to have it built in.
I don't trust Microsoft (well, any big corporation for that matter) so should the next Xbox indeed have Kinect built in, I'll keep the duct tape handy.

Still prefer playing on either my NES or SNES though. Mario and Donkey Kong FTW.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Still prefer playing on either my NES or SNES though. Mario and Donkey Kong FTW.

hellz ya bro!

i will never waste money on another microsoft product again, spytech or no...
PS3 for me...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join