It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths twin located?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I posted a link on the first page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Which twin? The evil twin that launches comets at us or the good twin that can support life?

Which is it?

i read about this planet. apparently it is inhabited and the planet is called Thrae. instead of round, the planet is cube shaped and the citizens follow the "bizzaro" code.

everything there is opposite than on earth. for instance, aquaman can't swim and the "yellow" lantern gets no power from his powerless ring.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
See heres the problem I have with a possible "Twin" if it does even exist. Why would we wanna go to the same planet? Oh thats right cause people are scared of change. Well I'm not, I welcome change. So if there is a twin, leave me off of it, i'll stay here and die before I get on the ship that takes me to an exact replica of this planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

I'll pay for your ticket to live on a gas giant then.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just want to take this opportunity to commend everyone who has posted for not mentioning any bollocks like Nibiru/Planet X/This planet will doom us all

May logic and reason ever resonate in planetary discussion and may those who seek to upset this course be smitten.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
I just want to take this opportunity to commend everyone who has posted for not mentioning any bollocks like Nibiru/Planet X/This planet will doom us all

May logic and reason ever resonate in planetary discussion and may those who seek to upset this course be smitten.

NIBIRU WILL DOOM US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but in all seriousness, a giant gas ball? Who knows, maybe we'll have some kinda machine that will make gas into oxygen and make the planet habitable.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Awesome!
Let's hope it's some good news for a change!
Let's also hope that if there is eventually Intelligent Life found on one of these gems, that it's Inhabitants value it more than those WHO DWELL ON THIS ONE...
They could be worse. Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Some years back - between 5 and 10 years - there was news about a possibly intelligent signal from one of the Gliese planets. The signal was almost musical, and I actually found it quite compelling. I copied the link to the recording, but after some time I tried the link again and got a "404" error message. I couldn't find anything at all by Googling keywords or searching YouTube for a recording and so I eventually gave up on it.

Does anyone else remember this? If anyone can find it somehow, I'm very interested in listening to the "music" again. Was it a genuine signal possibly indicating intelligence? Was it removed from search engines and somehow effectively banned from public domain for that reason?

(No, it's not the signal from Gliese 581C that you can hear online, from about 4 years ago.....It was another, more musical-sounding signal from 2005 or earlier.)
edit on 29-11-2011 by Nirvana999 because: added more info about the signal that may be confused with the signal to which I refer

edit on 29-11-2011 by Nirvana999 because: correction

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the link.
Time to shift into research mode.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

A second educational session.. Let me repeat my reply towards someone else that said the same thing you just said:

"Thanks for the educational session but you seemed to have taken the post literal while disregarding the point."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
All planets capable of sustaining human life are the property of scandinavia.

Damn it! Scandinavia always beats me to it, i had a flag and everything ready to go....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm divided on this stuff. The kid in me wants to be excited about searching for these planets, but the old tired dude in me has trouble caring. Even if they find "Earths Twin", we will never actually even have good photos of it, much less go there, given the distance. Please forgive me if 30 years of a seemingly stagnant space program has left me less than confident in our abilities.
edit on 30-11-2011 by notquiteright because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join