It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel apologizes over strip search of pregnant New York Times photographer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

God's chosen people had nothing to do with race or nationality, it had to do with creed, and few Israelites or those known as Jews today would qualify. They also were chosen only as the vehicle through which God's plan of salvation would be made known, not because they had any favored status or were particularly special in any way over non Jews. You would do well to study the Bible more carefully.

"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit."

The Son of God is very much alive and real, and He will judge both living and dead. You have between those two points a chance to avoid the eternal wrath of God, but you can entirely eliminate that opportunity by being overly careless.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by tomra

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by samsamm9

Don't forget - from the New York Times and coming from Gaza. I'd say it's a tossup if it even happened and if it did, she may have done things to cause it.

If there is a newspaper that cannot be trusted, it is the New York Times. They don't fire people who lie in articles even though many have been exposed and they never correct the record when it's proven false. Anyone unethical enough to work for them is unethical enough to fabricate this.

I'll view this with a heavy dose of skepticism. Logic dictates that.

So, are you suggesting that Lynsey is an unethical photographer who had it coming?
Care to elaborate?

I never said anything of the kind? What I'm clearly stating is that the New York Times is highly biased and covers up for and supports propaganda spread by it's people which is easily demonstrable. There is always a chance where they are concerned that a story like this could be a complete fabrication. It could also be true.

edit on 11/29/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

Just beeing curious about this quote "Anyone unethical enough to work for them is unethical enough to fabricate this" as it could suggest you considered Lynsey unethical since she was on assignment for NYT which kinda renders her "unethical enough", no? I obviously realize you do not call this story a fabrication and neither do i suggest you said such a thing. Just asking, beeing a photojournalist myself i´m always interested in what moves around..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would compare these so called scum soldiers with the scum, officials who go around patting down children as young as 5 years old in the USA.

Your just targeting these soldiers since it is Israeli soldiers. Would you be stating the same thing if it was any other country? No I think not.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Calling these soldiers Israeli scum as some members have referred to them as, just shows that, the intention was of thread was to be Anti-Israeli. If any other country done the exact same thing. No one would be criticizing them. There is the hypocrisy in this all.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Again with the anti-israeli ??
Yes these guys were scum of the earth, laughing at the suffering
of a fellow human. Whoever acts like these scumbags deserve to be called out.

White, black, brown, yellow, red, Muslims, Christians, Jews.... don't you understand it doesn't matter
what your background is ? A scum is a scum.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So are you agreeing the Officials in the US who do the exact same thing and who have been sacked over doing the exact same thing, as scum also?

If you are not stating as such then it is obvious where your bias is.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

So are you agreeing the Officials in the US who do the exact same thing and who have been sacked over doing the exact same thing, as scum also?

If you are not stating as such then it is obvious where your bias is.

I think the TSA agents are scum as well. But, they are scums for different reasons.
They're just following "horrible" policies not decided by them, and I doubt they would have a pregnant woman
go through an X-Ray machine and laugh at her while in distress.

The soldiers on the other hand,(I presume) had the power to act differently, but they chose to act like "scums"
even if it was not necessary. Which is kind of sadistic.

And I answered your question just to be polite. Israel being always the victim is getting old.
The victim in this story is Lynsey Addario, the New York Times photographer. Not the soldiers.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Omg oks, so you think they would not force a pregnant woman to go through an Xray machine. If you really think that then you are delusional.

You just have to see footage on how TSA agents react to individuals who refuse to go through these machines, to see they are just as bad as these so called scum Israeli soldiers.

And these soldiers officials whom forced this individual to go through the x ray machine, were just following orders also. Others made the decision for them also.

So put the blame where it rightfully lies at those who introduced these machines in the first place and not those who just follow orders.

And for the record it is not Just Israel who uses the victim card all the time, other countries do the exact same thing. I do not see you criticizing them also.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Too be fair, their are most likely threads about other countries and their transportation security. If there's an article about it there's prolly a thread about it. If not, go and make one that needs to be made. This site does a fantastic job of criticizing anyone. ATS posters aren't not gonna post an article because it's from a certain country with a certain subject. So its unfair to use that argument, "why are you criticizing X when Y, Z, and B do the same thing. I don't see you criticizing them?!".

Yes, they are being criticized, and now it's Israel's turn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join