It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel apologizes over strip search of pregnant New York Times photographer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Israel apologizes over strip search of pregnant New York Times photographer

www.washingtonpost.com

JERUSALEM — Israel’s Defense Ministry apologized Monday for the treatment of a pregnant American news photographer who said she was strip searched and humiliated by Israeli soldiers during a security check.

Lynsey Addario, who was on assignment for the New York Times, had requested that she not be forced to go through an X-ray machine as she entered Israel from the Gaza Strip because of concerns for her unborn baby.

Instead, she wrote in a letter to the ministry, she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers “watched and laughed from above.” She said she was then tak
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thelede.blogs.nytimes. com
www.news24.com
www.imemc.org

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why the hell do they need to be cruel ?
I don't get it, and never will... It's beyond me.

There is something very sadistic about people laughing at someone's who's experiencing pain and suffering.

Lately Israel , have been on the news a lot, and another interesting story about abuse by the IDF...

What do you think ??

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Instead, she wrote in a letter to the ministry, she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers “watched and laughed from above.” She said she was then taken into a room where she was ordered by a female worker to strip down to her underwear.

So Israeli soldiers forced a pregnant woman into the X-ray machine three times? Despite knowing that it could be harmful for the unborn? Wow.

It said that security is tight on the border with Gaza “in order to prevent terror from targeting and reaching Israel’s citizens.”

Bull#. Thats no excuse for what they just did.

Also there is no mention of the soldiers involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The Topic is clear as is subtle racism

Video cartoons are not the topic

Post On Topic and drop the racism or move along

LAST WARNING

Semper

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Air port security is definitely going down hill
First the TSA and now Israeli soldiers

news.yahoo.com...

Lynsey Addario, the Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times photographer, received an apology from the Israel's Defense Ministry on Monday after IDM officials conducted a strip-search on her last month at a security check point near Gaza.

Lynsey Addario, the Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times photographer, received an apology from the Israel's Defense Ministry on Monday after IDM officials conducted a strip-search on her last month at a security check point near Gaza. Addario, who is pregnant, had asked Israel border security to refrain from putting her through an X-ray machine out of concern for her unborn child. "Instead," the Associated Press reports, "she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers 'watched and laughed from above.' She said she was then taken into a room where she was ordered by a female worker to strip down to her underwear." "We would like to apologize for this particular mishap in coordination and any trouble it may subsequently have caused to those involved," the ministry said in a statement. In a letter to the defense ministry, the Times said the India-based Addario had never been treated with "such blatant cruelty."

Related links;
www.theatlantic.com...

www.jpost.com...

972mag.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

We are one huge, 7 billion strong, dysfunctional family

Ps.. I really wanna know what it is that guy above wrote that the Mod deleted all of his posts
Is it just me or does that avatar of his look like a broke young Ben Affleck?

edit on 29-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
HA. She is worried about x-rays harming her baby, yet she goes strolling around through Gaza.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

HA. She is worried about x-rays harming her baby, yet she goes strolling around through Gaza.

Good point. She would have been at great risk of being getting shot at by Israeli soldiers.

edit on 29-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There is sooooooo much hate in the world.
When do we get to live in a world where people actually treat each other with respect?

I wish there was a way to make things right....

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Good point. She would have been at great risk of being getting shot at by Israeli soldiers.

edit on 29-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

And not to mention the fact that she more than likely flew over there, which I've heard is highly not recommended because the change in air pressure can be dangerous for a pregnant woman and the baby. I guess it depends on how far along she is, though. I don't know...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
""Instead, she wrote in a letter to the ministry, she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers “watched and laughed from above.” She said she was then tak...""

If that's the quality of the IDF then they are a joke compared to the day's of Moshe Dayan.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
And here i was taught that the Israelis were Gods chosen people, therefore it automatically made me think they were the kindest, purest of heart people on the planet... I learnt the truth a long time ago...

Either the bible has been rewritten or god (if real) is pure scum.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
And ? Typical Israeli behavior..

Guess bit different when its a westerner that's the victim... Had she been palestinian it would have been quietly ignored along with all the other israeli atrocities..

Get used to it because once the 'chosen ones' israel get done with the palestinians they will be coming after all who aren't israeli as according to them there is no place for anyone in the world other than themselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Addario, who is pregnant, had asked Israel border security to refrain from putting her through an X-ray machine out of concern for her unborn child. "Instead," the Associated Press reports, "she was forced through the machine three times as soldiers 'watched and laughed from above.'

Seems to me, the thugs at the border security wanted to teach her a lesson on who RULES around there...

Typical thugs acting like thugs for their own power trip. No better then the US TSA.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Israel is doing themselves no favours on the international arena by doing this (not that they give a damn).....but she does'nt appear to be too worried at all about wandering around in Gaza!

Stupidity at it's best.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Does this sort of thing not happen in the USA?

With people being forced to go through X-Ray machines?

So what is the difference, with this being Israel?

Anti - Israeli Rhetoric. One does wonder.

And As a female I would agree with other members, if she was that concerned with regards to her unborn child. Why go to places where there is more risk of her either being shot or blown up.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Israelis ... Gods chosen people

Either the bible has been rewritten ....

We've been trying to tell you this for the last 1400 years dude ...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Really?? So you compare the TSA agents with these scum soldiers?
Did you read the part where she said she has been around the world and never experienced
something so humiliated ??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join