It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still think the media is on your side?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Now you tell me, why wouldn't Americans want to see or read about Egypt's revolution? Could it be TPTB don't want angry Americans to have revolutionary inspiration from our global brothers and sisters?

Why would Time Magazine do this to us?

I know, as many of you do, about marketing and sales - but really, Time? Play dumb to Americans and sell us a magazine feature on "Anxiety" when the rest of the world gets to see what's really happening out there.

Shame on you, Time Magazine.

And to everyone else... here's why the average American doesn't know anything. Not because we're dumb, well some of us are, but because we get sanitized news.

Link to cover on Time website: www.time.com...

More examples:

And some more:

edit on 28-11-2011 by Jason88 because: added more examples

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Nothing like TIME magazine subconsciously reminding you to go visit your friendly doctor who cares about you so much so you can get your Xanax prescription refilled while the rest of the world is busy overthrowing their corrupt governments

edit on 28-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Jason88

Nothing like TIME magazine subconsciously reminding you to go visit your friendly doctor who cares about you so much so you can get your Xanax prescription refilled while the rest of the world is busy overthrowing their corrupt governments

edit on 28-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Ironically, the only time I ever even see a copy of Time Magazine is while sitting in the waiting room at the doctor.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Already posted here.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The media here has always and will always be censored. They were never on your side, they never will be on your side. They want you to buy the headache pills, diet pills, dick pills and they want you to keep your mouth shut and your eyes on the tv.

If you want actual "news" I suggest you turn off the TV.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
With that Anxiety cover story it just makes you want Xanax. If you didn't have a problem before, you will now after reading Time's feature. The editors there need to start informing Americans of what's going on rather than feature some convoluted sales pitch on cover.

Thank god for the Internet.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Hey Tinker, sorry didn't see it in "search". I guess we let the mods decide, but funny we both came to the more sinister plot of minimizing revolutionary thoughts.

Edit: Maybe not so funny.. sad kind of.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Hey Tinker, sorry didn't see it in "search". I guess we let the mods decide, but funny we both came to the more sinister plot of minimizing revolutionary thoughts.

Indeed. Because of my thread title I can see how it would have not been picked up by the search function.

And yeah, I think it's a definite attempt to shape our thoughts. Or at least to prevent our thoughts from venturing down that particular rabbit hole. Time obviously doesn't even attempt to hide it, so take that for what it's worth.

I wonder how common this is for globally delivered papers and magazines? Is the copy of USA Today you get in the UK different from the copy in the US? Curious.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey, I think this is a good forum for this topic, but wanted to letcha know there's already a fairly large thread regarding the time magazine cover that was started on the 25th here.

(To both of you whom have started threads on it - It must have slipped off the front page already)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I just bumped your thread.

I'll look into USA Today see what I find. I know through A/B and multivarient testing, that websites serve up different content in different regions. Newsmasters on news sites constantly tweak lede stories and images and such to see what has the highest click-thru ratio for ad dollars. That's less sinister as it's regional programming for more cash... but this seems different. Evil in a way.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Time magazine is just producing content geared towards the dumbed down people in the US, that's all.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

It's hard to search by an image when we're all writing our own content. Fair play though. Now digging into the larger thread. Maybe this one will survive as it's got several instances of Time doing this stupid stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

The media is owned by JP Morgan, it says so in the 1917 Congressional Record..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I gotta believe Americans are getting smarter about this manipulation, but maybe not. After reading stories about the Black Friday madness where people were getting pepper sprayed, trampled upon and killed all so they can consume cheaper junk, makes me think most Americans are just zombies.

Maybe Time Magazine is right, we don't deserve to know the truth, we just shop our lives away....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the difference is this...

Time doesn't care about whiney 20 year olds... theres REAL violence going on in the world... OWS didnt make the cut...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

No worries, just wanted to inform you of the original thread's existence - I am no mod so do carry on as you are. It's certainly worth sharing with everyone, I was surprised to see the different cover the US gets this month. Very ironic in an offensive sort of way I think.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
the difference is this...

Time doesn't care about whiney 20 year olds... theres REAL violence going on in the world... OWS didnt make the cut...

Huh? What are you talking about? Edit: I just read some of your posts because I thought you may have an agenda - and guess what you do. Anti-Obama, anti-OWS, anti-free speech, anti-government, anti-democrat.. in fact you have nothing positive to say. And you kill threads quite a bit. Why so angry there, buddy?

reply to post by rstregooski

Thanks for providing that info - it goes a long way toward why I read most of my news from outside US news sources. It seems like I hear about important things happening in the US from UK news sites, and strangely there are no mentions of this news in US papers. Example - Amanda Knox. In the early stages of the Italian court hearings, her story could not be found in a US paper.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Jeez its so frustrating that we all, on here that is, know there's a blatant manipulation of our media, someone or group deciding in our best interest what we should know and read and watch, and we are so far below these people that there's nothing we can do to stop it. I'll just sit here and wait my turn to be trampled on while I pay my taxes and overpaid fuel prices, listen to my govt and your govt lie to us while rotating the prime ministers/presidents on that mad election carousel when we get wise to their # ups. What a load of Bollocks and what can we do? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

not angry... just know what I like... and I don't like a nanny state

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Jason88

not angry... just know what I like... and I don't like a nanny state

Whoa now you're breaking out the buzz words!

Slow down, tiger. I'm still trying to piece together your wild stretches from one topic to another seemingly unrelated one.

Quick question for clarification, do you understand the discussion? Either I'm missing something or you are..

edit on 28-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join