It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There are 2 questions

1- What name will the Christians give to the one who said to moses I am.

2- A Name is given By a Father not by a son therefore naming god can be a impossible task.

3- this all beyond being a Christian, Muslim, Hindu etc....

Do Not mix things

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Jesus was not the Son of God. No where in the unedited bible does he claim that he is God. Show me where in the unedited original bible an umabiguous statement where he says he is god.

I too would like to see that. Christians keep on saying it, that Jesus is God, but fail to provide any proof of same. I would like to know where they all got that from in the first place?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I can not ask you to believe the gospels but I can ask you to read and understand beyond the words.

Jesus is called the son of Mary ? correct?

Science Proved there can not be human without having a male and female otherwise still needs proof.

Scholars agree Joseph was an old man.

Mary was a Virgin and gave birth to Jesus. Who is the father ?

I Answer to that one . The Great Creator, God, what ever you want to name it as all the names we might give are our creation.

Note :

On my views Son of god can be also understood as the one who came from God as he was created without Sexual intercourse.

He also states being the son of man why? to relate his part human condition Jesus is Part divine and Part Human. Being Only Divine He could not Bring the word among the mankind as the ones in need to receive is teachings were common mortal Humans like you and I .

Even Nietzsche Said :

“Body am I, and soul”—thus speaks the child. And why should one not speak like children?
But the awakened and knowing say: body am I entirely, and nothing else; and soul is only a word for something about the body.
The body is a great reason, a plurality with one sense, a war and a peace, a herd and a shepherd.
An instrument of your body is also your little reason, my brother, which you call “spirit”--a little instrument and toy of your great reason.

Behind your thoughts and feelings, my brother, there stands a mighty ruler, an unknown sage—whose name is self. In your body he dwells; he is your body.
There is more reason in your body than in your best wisdom. And who knows why your body needs precisely your best wisdom?.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Jesus was not the Son of God. No where in the unedited bible does he claim that he is God. Show me where in the unedited original bible an umabiguous statement where he says he is god.

I too would like to see that. Christians keep on saying it, that Jesus is God, but fail to provide any proof of same. I would like to know where they all got that from in the first place?

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Mathew 1:23
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

So you see in Isaiah the profit predicts that the messiah will be known as Immanuel. Mathew Confirms that Jesus is the messiah that is known as Immanuel. Immanuel means “God with us”

I don’t know what more you want. God does not make this confusing. I could post many more references that suggest that Jesus was God but this one verse found both in the Old and New Testament show that God was not trying to hide himself from us. He has revealed to us clearly that he came to us as a man, Jesus.

Remember that one of the purposes of the father/son relationship was to show that Jesus gave up all of his rights as God to be a man. Meaning he had no more than what he promises us. He had only the word and the Holy Spirit. And by these 2 gifts he was able to overcome the world, defeat sin and death. These are the same 2 gifts promised to all that believe.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son" (John 14:12,13).

So you see Jesus promised that we have the ability to not only do the works that he did but even greater works. If we would just have the faith, then we might be able to understand that Jesus can only do the will of his father. For if we understood this then we would only ask for the will of the father to be done.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

You could say had not Jesus been put on the cross he would have been known as Lord only but now his is Lord of Lords, he is more has a higher title than had he not been put on the cross it.

Even if Allah and Elohim is or El or what ever term you want to use does not mean that is his name, that is an Old Testament title

The Mesha Stele bears the earliest known reference (840 BC) to the sacred Hebrew name of God – YHWH.

upload.wikimedia.org...

The numerous titles for God have been a source of debate amongst biblical scholars. Some have advanced the multiplicity of names for God as a proof that the Torah, the main scripture of Judaism, has many authors—the belief known as the documentary hypothesis. YHWH is the only proper "name of God" in the Tanakh, in the sense that Abraham or Sarah are proper names by which you call a person. Whereas words such as Elohim (god, or authority), El (mighty one), Shaddai (almighty), Adonai (master), Elyon (most high), Avinu (our father), etc. are not names but titles, highlighting different aspects of YHWH, and the various roles which God has. This is similar to how someone may be called 'father', 'husband', 'brother', 'son', etc, but their personal name is the only one that can be correctly identified as their actual designation. In the Tanakh, YHWH is the personal name of the God of Israel, whereas other 'names' are titles which are ascribed to God.
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

But for Christians God is not just Elohim, Allah or YHWH he is Christ because that is the only way in to be accepted to God that is his last named title in order to be saved, even if you use God the Father's name it is not enough because his Son's work for us in calling his name is the way to salvation.

The name Jesus appears to have been in use in Palestine at the time of the birth of Jesus. [2][14] Moreover, Philo's reference in Mutatione Nominum item 121 to Joshua (᾿Ιησοῦς) meaning salvation (σωτηρία) of the Lord indicates that the etymology of Joshua was known outside Palestine.[15] Other historical figures named Jesus include Jesus Barabbas, Jesus ben Ananias and Jesus ben Sirach.

In the New Testament, in Luke 1:31 an angel tells Mary to name her child Jesus, and in Matthew 1:21 an angel tells Joseph to name the child Jesus during Joseph's first dream. Matthew 1:21 indicates the salvific implications of the name Jesus when the angel instructs Joseph: "you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins".[16][17] It is the only place in the New Testament where "saves his people" appears with "sins".[18] Matthew 1:21 provides the beginnings of the Christology of the name Jesus. At once it achieves the two goals of affirming Jesus as the savior and emphasizing that the name was not selected at random, but based on a Heavenly command
Text

en.wikipedia.org...(name)

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one".[3] It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. In popular modern usage—even within secular circles—the term usually refers explicitly to Jesus of Nazareth.

The word is used as a title, hence its common reciprocal use Christ Jesus, meaning "The Messiah Jesus". Followers of Jesus became known as Christians (as in Acts 11:26) because they believed Jesus to be the Christ, or Christos, or Christian Messiah, prophesied in the Old Testament - therefore they often call him Jesus Christ, meaning Jesus is the Christos.
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

In Islam, the Holy Spirit (Arabic: الروح القدس al-Ruh al-Qudus, "the-Spirit the-Holy") is mentioned several times in the Qur'an, where it acts as an agent of divine action or communication. In Hadith it is commonly identified with the angel Gabriel (Arabic Jibreel). The Spirit (الروح al-Ruh, without the adjective "holy") is also used as the creative spirit from God by which God enlivened Adam, and inspired the angels and the prophets. The belief in Trinity, as it is defined in the Qur'an, is explicitly forbidden by the Qur'an and called a grave sin. The same applies to any idea of the duality of God (Allah).[
Text

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-12-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To the people saying Allah means a Moon God is soo incorrect, the Crescent moon came a lot later in Islam, same as Minarets. the Moon Crescent was a symbol from the people of Constantinople worshipping the Goddess Diana. It came later, much later that the Crescent moon was a sign of Islam but non-related to the Goddess Diana.
In many Muslims countries, you do not see the Crescent moon ass a symbol at all.

Taking from article about Religious symbols.
The early Muslim community did not really have a symbol. During the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-colored flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.

It wasn't until the Ottoman Empire that the crescent moon and star became affiliated with the Muslim world. When the Turks conquered Constantinople (Istanbul) in 1453, they adopted the city's existing flag and symbol. Legend holds that the founder of the Ottoman Empire, Osman, had a dream in which the crescent moon stretched from one end of the earth to the other. Taking this as a good omen, he chose to keep the crescent and make it the symbol of his dynasty.

Minarets: (wikipedia)
The earliest mosques were built without minarets, the call to prayer was performed elsewhere; hadiths relay that the Muslim community of Madina gave the call to prayer from the roof of the house of Muhammad, which doubled as a place for prayer. Around 80 years after Muhammad's death the first known minarets appeared.[3]

Minarets have been described as the "gate from heaven and earth", and as the Arabic language letter alif (which is a straight vertical line).

For those saying that Allah means creator, it simply means God in Arabic. Creator will spell: Al khaliq and certainly Muslims do not call God Al Khaliq. It can also be said that it comes from Aramaic which later Aramaic changed into different languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.

Aramaic:
(wiki)
The name of the language is based on the name of Aram,[3] an ancient region in central Syria. Within this family, Aramaic belongs to the Semitic family, and more specifically, is a part of the Northwest Semitic subfamily, which also includes Canaanite languages such as Hebrew and Phoenician. Aramaic script was widely adopted for other languages and is ancestral to both the Arabic and modern Hebrew alphabets.

For those that says again Allah means the creator, there is something quite important in Islam which is the 99 names of Allah:

Allah The Greatest Name
Ar-Rahman 1 The All-Merciful
Ar-Rahim 2 The All-Beneficient
Al-Malik 3 The Absolute Ruler
Al-Quddus 4 The Pure One
As-Salam 5 The Source of Peace
Al-Mu’min 6 The Inspirer of Faith
Al-Muhaymin 7 The Guardian
Al-’Aziz 8 The Victorious
Al-Jabbar 9 The Compeller
Al-Mutakabbir 10 The Greatest
Al-Khaliq 11 The Creator
Al-Bari’ 12 The Maker of Order
Al-Musawwir 13 The Shaper of Beauty
Al-Ghaffar 14 The Forgiving
Al-Qahhar 15 The Subduer
Al-Wahhab 16 The Giver of All
Ar-Razzaq 17 The Sustainer
Al-Fattah 18 The Opener
Al-’Alim 19 The Knower of All
Al-Qabid 20 The Constrictor
Al-Basit 21 The Reliever
Al-Khafid 22 The Abaser
Ar-Rafi’ 23 The Exalter
Al-Mu’izz 24 The Bestower of Honors
Al-Mudhill 25 The Humiliator
As-Sami 26 The Hearer of All
Al-Basir 27 The Seer of All
Al-Hakam 28 The Judge
Al-’Adl 29 The Just
Al-Latif 30 The Subtle One
Al-Khabir 31 The All-Aware
Al-Halim 32 The Forebearing
Al-’Azim 33 The Magnificent
Al-Ghafur 34 The Forgiver and Hider of Faults
Ash-Shakur 35 The Rewarder of Thankfulness
Al-’Ali 36 The Highest
Al-Kabir 37 The Greatest
Al-Hafiz 38 The Preserver
Al-Muqit 39 The Nourisher
Al-Hasib 40 The Accounter
Al-Jalil 41 The Mighty
Al-Karim 42 The Generous
Ar-Raqib 43 The Watchful One
Al-Mujib 44 The Responder to Prayer
Al-Wasi’ 45 The All-Comprehending
Al-Hakim 46 The Perfectly Wise
Al-Wadud 47 The Loving One
Al-Majíd 48 The Majestic One
Al-Ba’ith 49 The Resurrector
Ash-Shahid 50 The Witness
Al-Haqq 51 The Truth
Al-Wakil 52 The Trustee
Al-Qawi 53 The Possessor of All Strength
Al-Matin 54 The Forceful One
Al-Wáli 55 The Governor
Al-Hamid 56 The Praised One
Al-Muhsi 57 The Appraiser
Al-Mubdi 58 The Originator
Al-Mu’id 59 The Restorer
Al-Muhyi 60 The Giver of Life
Al-Mumit 61 The Taker of Life
Al-Hayy 62 The Ever Living One
Al-Qayyum 63 The Self-Existing One
Al-Wajid 64 The Finder
Al-Májid 65 The Glorious
Al-Wahid 66 The Only One
Al-Ahad 67 The One
As-Samad 68 The Satisfier of All Needs
Al-Qadir 69 The All Powerful
Al-Muqtadir 70 The Creator of All Power
Al-Muqaddim 71 The Expediter
Al-Mu’akhkhir 72 The Delayer
Al-Awwal 73 The First
Al-Akhir 74 The Last
Az-Zahir 75 The Manifest One
Al-Batin 76 The Hidden One
Al-Walí 77 The Protecting Friend
Al-Muta’ali 78 The Supreme One
Al-Barr 79 The Doer of Good

edit on 2-12-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Al-Barr 79 The Doer of Good
At-Tawwib 80 The Guide to Repentance
Al-Muntaqim 81 The Avenger
Al-Afu 82 The Forgiver
Ar-Ra’uf 83 The Clement
Malik al-Mulk 84 The Owner of All
Dhul-Jalali
Wal-Ikram 85 The Lord of Majesty and Bounty
Al-Muqsit 86 The Equitable One
Al-Jami 87 The Gatherer
Al-Ghani 88 The Rich One
Al-Mughni 89 The Enricher
Al-Mani’ 90 The Preventer of Harm
Ad-Darr 91 The Creator of The Harmful
An-Nafi 92 The Creator of Good
An-Nur 93 The Light
Al-Hadi 94 The Guide
Al-Badi 95 The Originator
Al-Baqi 96 The Everlasting One
Al-Warith 97 The Inheritor of All
Ar-Rashid 98 The Righteous Teacher
As-Sabur 99 The Patient One

I am personally quite open about religion. I just had a good conversation with an Atheist about it and it went very good and not so good. He heavly criticised the ones that were in favor of a deity or a monotheistic belief. I put it that way because I dont really follow a religion but more I believe in God. Agnostic I believe it is better discribed I guess.
It is not good to think your way, your view is the "correct" one but that we will not know and maybe we will when we die.

I believe it is man who had made the beautfiful idea of a religion which means in Latin: Religionen. Respect wat is sacred or to become one with the God(s). I put it in brackets because religion is certainly a personal path that you choose within yourself and what you belief.
unfortunately now society believes tha religion means a sect, organised group, community that bases belief on a text, book, rules, etc and are agreed to be the "correct" ones. Here is the mistake of humans, as we are simply humans, we commit the mistake by our arrogance to simply think our way is the best way.

Now with globalisation, relationships with other cultures and worlds, it is extremely dificult to believe how the otehr communities believe in "absurd" ideas in our own reality.

It may sound "new Age" or "hippy" but I also said this to my good Atheist friend: "Just take the positive teachings and learn from them, keep them with you and all the negative stuff, take it as a pinch of salt"
We can all learn from every single teaching and Sufism and slam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Catholicism, Judaism and Kabbalah, Philosophy, Creationism have tought me great things... and I am still learning.

Another great post with much rich discussion to be made but another one that can become infinetely contructive and infinetely fastidious.

Good old philosophy comes to in mind, a very good cliche: "I know one thing, that I know nothing" Plato

Pardon my grammar. It's really late in UK

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

(wikipedia)
Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔɑlˈlɑː] ( listen), [ʔalˤˈlˤɑː]) is a word for God used in the context of Islam.[1] In Arabic, the word means simply "God".[2][3][4] It is used primarily by Muslims and Bahá'ís, and often, albeit not exclusively, used by Arabic-speaking Eastern Catholic Christians, Maltese Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Mizrahi Jews and Sikhs.

What about the Christian Arabs in Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, etc. that call God "Allah"?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

It is pretty easy to click wikipedia and check if what you are saying its true or not. i will find pretty difficult for Muslims to be calling God a Moon God as it is so against to their faith.

When you make Shahada (covert to Islam)

First you say: ā ʾilāha ʾillallāh, Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh
There is no God but God and Mohammad is the messenger of God.

First you have to deny all your ideas of God but accept the existance of God (the highest, creator, see 99 names of allah) and accept that Mohammad was the last messenger of God.

Etymology

The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʾilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ὁ θεὸς μόνος, ho theos monos).[8] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[9] Biblical Hebrew mostly uses the plural form (but functional singular) Elohim. The corresponding Aramaic form is ʼĔlāhā ܐܠܗܐ in Biblical Aramaic and ʼAlâhâ ܐܲܠܵܗܵܐ in Syriac as used by the Assyrian Church, both meaning simply "God".[10] In the Sikh scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib, the term Allah (Punjabi: ਅਲਹੁ) is used 46 times respectively.

The name was previously used by pagan Meccans as a reference to a creator deity, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[11][12] The concepts associated with the term Allah (as a deity) differ among religious traditions. In pre-Islamic Arabia amongst pagan Arabs, Allah was not considered the sole divinity, having associates and companions, sons and daughters–a concept that was deleted under the process of Islamization. In Islam, the name Allah is the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name, and all other divine names are believed to refer back to Allah.[13] Allah is unique, the only Deity, creator of the universe and omnipotent.[5][6] Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-ʾAb (الله الأب, "God the Father") to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.[14] There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Qur'an and the Hebrew Bible.[15] It has also been applied to certain living human beings as personifications of the term and concept.[16][17]

Unicode has a codepoint reserved for Allāh, ﷲ = U+FDF2.[18] Many Arabic type fonts feature special ligatures for Allah.[19]
Usage in Arabic

Pre-Islamic Arabia

In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[20]
Allah at Rohtas Fort Pakistan

Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[8] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[21] Allah was thought to have had sons[22] and that the local deities of al-ʿUzzā, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[23] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[24][25] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[25][26] Muhammad's father's name was ʿAbd-Allāh meaning "the slave of Allāh".[25]

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

what lovely news you went to Morocco. what a fascinanting place to go. I love Morocco, I visit that amazing country every year this time being my fourth visit.
I am very pleased you enjoyed so much to get your tattoo. Inshallah is a beautiful word putting all the future into the hangs of God, the highest power, or whatever you call it. Its magical and I always use it now.
In Spanish, many being obvlious about it, we always saying when there are future events or anything in the future that we do not know the outcome but hopefully, it will come in our way or in God's will, the best outcome. Inshallah, Ojala.

The next time you visit Morocco, please let me know as I have gotten to know it very well and Im always happy to share this experience with others.

I recommend and encourage every person who is intimidated or have missunderstading about Islam to visit Morocco. It is a lovely place and people will always make you feel welcome, even if it overwhelming at first. You will see that Islam it is what goverments make of them and how the "crazy" countries with Islam as a majority religion are just opressed by the highest elite which use religion to control the masses.

I also would recommend its antitesis the Emirates! Thats another lovely country with amazing people but with a capitalist heart which also has a bit of an iron first but they have their malls, cinemas and oil to distract them from the bigger picture.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

what a shame we Westerns have such bad views of Arabs. they heavely influenced Europe in mathematics, astronomy, music, language, agriculture, etc.

Spanish for example as countless words that come from Arabic, just to some up a few, all the words that begin with "Al" comes from Arabic.

Caliphate of Cordoba:
The period of the Caliphate is seen as the golden age of al-Andalus. Crops produced using irrigation, along with food imported from the Middle East, provided the area around Córdoba and some other Andalusī cities with an agricultural economic sector by far the most advanced in Europe. Among European cities, Córdoba under the Caliphate, with a population of perhaps 500,000, eventually overtook Constantinople as the largest and most prosperous city in Europe.[17] Within the Islamic world, Córdoba was one of the leading cultural centres. The work of its most important philosophers and scientists (notably Abulcasis and Averroes) had a major influence on the intellectual life of medieval Europe.

Cordoba alone had 70 libraries and countless of manuscripts and collections of books. It was ridiculous number but I forgot my historical reference of my trip to Cordoba this year. I was really upset when I found ou they were all burn by the Spanish later on. Shame!
For the record! Lets not burn any more books when we conquer or conquer back lands please!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
God is English, Yahweh is Hebrew, Allah is Arabic. You call God by the name of that of which your native tongue is!
edit on 2-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
These are the names or Title of God in the Bible.

God - Elohim Genesis 1:1
God - El - (Might, Power)
God - Eloah (Mighty One)

El Shaddai:“God Almighty.”
El Elyon: “The Most High God.”
El Olam: “The Everlasting God.”
Yahweh (YHWH): Comes from a verb which means “to exist, be.”
Yahweh Jireh (Yireh): “The Lord will provide.”
Yahweh Nissi:“The Lord is my Banner.”
Yahweh Shalom:“The Lord is Peace.”
Yahweh Sabbaoth:“The Lord of Hosts.”
Yahweh Maccaddeshcem: “The Lord your Sanctifier.”
Yahweh Ro’i: “The Lord my Shepherd.”
Yahweh Tsidkenu: “The Lord our Righteousness.”
Yahweh Shammah: “The Lord is there.”
Yahweh Elohim Israel: “The Lord, the God of Israel.”
Adonai: Like Elohim, this too is a plural of majesty. The singular form means “master, owner.”

Theos: Greek word translated “God.”
Kurios: Greek word translated “Lord.”
Despotes: Greek word translated “Master.”

Father:A distinctive New Testament revelation is that through faith in Christ

ABBA.............................Romans 8:15
ADVOCATE.........................I John 2:1 (kjv)
ALMIGHTY.........................Genesis 17:1
ALPHA............................Revelation 22:13
AMEN.............................Revelation 3:14
ANCIENT OF DAYS..................Daniel 7:9
ANOINTED ONE.....................Psalm 2:2
APOSTLE..........................Hebrews 3:1
ARM OF THE LORD..................Isaiah 53:1
AUTHOR OF LIFE...................Acts 3:15
AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH..............Hebrews 12:2
BEGINNING.........................Revelation 21:6
BLESSED & HOLY RULER..............1 Timothy 6:15
BRANCH............................Jeremiah 33:15
BREAD OF GOD......................John 6:33
BREAD OF LIFE.....................John 6:35
BRIDEGROOM........................Isaiah 62:56
BRIGHT MORNING STAR...............Revelation 22:16
CHIEF SHEPHERD.....................1 Peter 5:4
CHOSEN ONE.........................Isaiah 42:1
CHRIST.............................Matthew 22:42
CHRIST OF GOD......................Luke 9:20
CHRIST THE LORD....................Luke 2:11
CHRIST, SON OF LIVING GOD..........Matthew 16:16
COMFORTER..........................John 14:26(kjv)
COMMANDER..........................Isaiah 55:4
CONSOLATION OF ISRAEL...............Luke 2:25
CONSUMING FIRE......................Deut. 4:24, Heb. 12:29
CORNERSTONE.........................Isaiah 28:16
COUNSELOR...........................Isaiah 9:6
CREATOR.............................1 Peter 4:19
DELIVERER..............................Romans 11:26
DESIRED OF ALL NATIONS.................Haggai 2:7
DOOR...................................John 10:7(kjv)
END....................................Revelation 21:6
ETERNAL GOD............................Deut. 33:27
EVERLASTING FATHER.....................Isaiah 9:6
FAITHFUL & TRUE........................Revelation 19:11
FAITHFUL WITNESS.......................Revelation 1:5
FATHER.................................Matthew 6:9
FIRSTBORN (3)........................................Rom.8:29,Rev.1:5,Col.1:15
GENTLE WHISPER.........................1 Kings 19:12
GIFT OF GOD............................John 4:10
GLORY OF THE LORD......................Isaiah 40:5
GOD....................................Genesis 1:1
GOD ALMIGHTY...........................Genesis 17:1
GOD OVER ALL...........................Romans 9:5
GOD WHO SEES ME........................Genesis 16:13
GOOD SHEPHERD..........................John 10:11
GREAT HIGH PRIEST......................Hebrews 4:14
GREAT SHEPHERD.........................Hebrews 13:20
GUIDE..................................Psalm 48:14
HEAD OF THE BODY.......................Colossians 1:18
HEAD OF THE CHURCH.....................Ephesians 5:23
HEIR OF ALL THINGS.....................Hebrews 1:2
HIGH PRIEST............................Hebrews 3:1
HIGH PRIEST FOREVER....................Hebrews 6:20
HOLY ONE...............................Acts 2:27
HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.....................Isaiah 49:7
HOLY SPIRIT............................John 15:26
HOPE...................................Titus 2:13
HORN OF SALVATION......................Luke 1:69
I AM....................................Exodus 3:14, John 8:58
IMAGE OF GOD............................2 Cor. 4:4
IMAGE OF HIS PERSON.....................Hebrews 1:3 (kjv)
IMMANUEL................................Isaiah 7:14
JEHOVAH..............................Psalm 83:18 (kjv)
JESUS................................Matthew 1:21
JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD................Romans 6:23
JUDGE................................Isaiah 33:22, Acts 10:42
KING.................................Zechariah 9:9
KING ETERNAL.........................1 Timothy 1:17
KING OF KINGS........................1 Timothy 6:15
KING OF THE AGES.....................Revelation 15:3
LAMB OF GOD...........................John 1:29
LAST ADAM.............................1 Cor. 15:45

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Titles and names for God in the Bible continued.

LAWGIVER..............................Isaiah 33:22
LEADER................................Isaiah 55:4
LIFE..................................John 14:6
LIGHT OF THE WORLD....................John 8:12
LIKE AN EAGLE.........................Deut. 32:11
LILY OF THE VALLEYS...................Song 2:1
LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH............Revelation 5:5
LIVING STONE..........................1 Peter 2:4
LIVING WATER..........................John 4:10
LORD..................................John 13:13
LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.....................Revelation 15:3
LORD JESUS CHRIST.....................1 Cor. 15:57
LORD OF ALL...........................Acts 10:36
LORD OF GLORY ........................1 Cor. 2:8
LORD OF HOSTS.........................Haggai 1:5
LORD OF LORDS.........................1 Tim. 6:15
LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS..............Jeremiah 23:6
LOVE.................................1 John 4:8

OFFSPRING OF DAVID.......................Revelation 22:16
OMEGA....................................Revelation 22:13
ONLY BEGOTTEN SON........................John 1:18(kjv)
OUR PASSOVER LAMB........................1 Cor. 5:7
OUR PEACE................................Ephesians 2:14
POTTER...................................Isaiah 64:8
POWER OF GOD.............................1 Cor. 1:24
PRINCE OF PEACE..........................Isaiah 9:6
PROPHET..................................Acts 3:22
PURIFIER.................................Malachi 3:3
RABBONI (TEACHER)........................John 20:16
RADIANCE OF GOD'S GLORY..................Heb.1:3
REDEEMER.................................Job 19:25
REFINER'S FIRE...........................Malachi 3:2
RESURRECTION.............................John 11:25
RIGHTEOUS ONE............................1 John 2:1
ROCK.....................................1 Cor.10:4
ROOT OF DAVID............................Rev. 22:16
ROSE OF SHARON...........................Song 2:1
RULER OF GOD'S CREATION..................Rev. 3:14
RULER OVER KINGS OF EARTH................Rev 1:5
RULER OVER ISRAEL........................Micah 5:2
SAVIOR...................................Luke 2:11
SCEPTER OUT OF ISRAEL....................Numbers 24:17
SEED.....................................Genesis 3:15
SERVANT..................................Isaiah 42:1
SHEPHERD OF OUR SOULS....................1Peter 2:25
SHIELD...................................Genesis 15:1
SON OF DAVID.............................Matthew 1:1
SON OF GOD...............................Matthew 27:54
SON OF MAN...............................Matthew 8:20
SON OF THE MOST HIGH.....................Luke 1:32
SOURCE...................................Hebrews 5:9
SPIRIT OF GOD............................Genesis 1:2
STAR OUT OF JACOB........................Numbers 24:17
STONE....................................1 Peter 2:8
SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.....................Malachi 4:2
TEACHER...................................John 13:13
TRUE LIGHT................................John 1:9
TRUE WITNESS..............................Revelation 3:14
TRUTH.....................................John 14:6
VINE......................................John 15:5
WAY........................................John 14:6
WISDOM OF GOD..............................1 Cor. 1:24
WITNESS....................................Isaiah 55:4
WONDERFUL..................................Isaiah 9:6
WORD.......................................John 1:1
WORD OF GOD................................Revelation 19:13

Not to forget King of Kings Lord of Lords in Revelations and Morning Star title.

Then add that in his titles he is a God of Love aswell which a very important aspect of his being I like to add.

The last messenger of God will be Elijah and possibly Moses or Enoch since Enoch never died either they will act as witnesses before Christ returns and they expose the Devil on the world scene, obviously some other religious group will think otherwise and go for the kill but that is just the way the people of that future will be like dancing in the streets like some 9/11 event.

edit on 3-12-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

(wikipedia)
Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔɑlˈlɑː] ( listen), [ʔalˤˈlˤɑː]) is a word for God used in the context of Islam.[1] In Arabic, the word means simply "God".[2][3][4] It is used primarily by Muslims and Bahá'ís, and often, albeit not exclusively, used by Arabic-speaking Eastern Catholic Christians, Maltese Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Mizrahi Jews and Sikhs.

What about the Christian Arabs in Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, etc. that call God "Allah"?

Whatever the link with al-ilah Sin of Sinai to the word Allah was, in modern times may have shifted as often does when words evolve and change meaning. I do recognize that non english speaking chrisitans may refer to the word God being Allah as Allah in arabic supposedly means "God" but Allah is not his name. God's name is not God. In the hebrew bible he said his name was YAH or as we say now YHWH or Yahweh/Yahwah. There's literally so many versions claming to be the true rendition of YHWH it gets confusing. I am glad i pray to him in the name of Jesus Christ or i would be banging my head on the wall in confusion as to what name to use.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Indeed with all those titles Christ holds, jews and muslim wonder why we say he is God...those titles do not confuse me, they flat out say who he is.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lots of people believe in a god the difference is that their god provides different paths of salvation for them and their god's have different rules bloodlines and covenants and nation or cities that are holy.

For Jews it is Isaac as the promised seed
For Muslims and Arabs it is Ishmael
For Christians it is Christ through spiritual blessings and Holy Spirit.
For JWs the Angel Michael, (not like they will tell you to your face straight away maybe they don't know either).

It's good everyone believes but not all have the same path and that causes conflict it shapes history.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The last messenger of God will be Elijah and possibly Moses or Enoch since Enoch never died either they will act as witnesses before Christ returns and they expose the Devil on the world scene, obviously some other religious group will think otherwise and go for the kill but that is just the way the people of that future will be like dancing in the streets like some 9/11 event

Youre referring to the 2 witnesses. Some think they will be Eljah and Moses but that theory doesn't fit because Moses has already died and it is appointed man once to die and then the judgement. The only 2 men who were found without fault and taken away by God before they could be killed was Enoch and Elijah. Jezebel wanted Elijah dead, but the time Elijah had entered into the scene as a prophet, all of Israel except for 1000 righteous men had become apostates and had bowed down to Jezebel and her daemon god Ba'al.

I was always of the mind it would be Enoch and Elijah as neither have tasted death, but we could have this totally wrong in the way we think of Revelation. The 2 witnesses could be the old and new testaments as both books are witnesses to the glory of God.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well, I was saying that is a language differentation rather than a different meaning. If you call God Jesus Christ then, you have found your path and therfore rewarded.

While you have faith then you should be glad while others are still lost in their own path but humans do need to overcome the arrogance of saying that their [path is the correct one because that is wrong.

I prefer to call God simply God because I believe for me, that is the correct one and it works for me.

Now for people to say Allah means the Moon god that is wrong because it is not true. It simple means God in Arabic.

Its just like when I talke dto an Indian, I said the word God and he did not understood but once I said Brahman, he knew excatly what I was saying.

language barrier, that all

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join