It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I was walking to the local service station (gas stop) a few months ago, it was about one in the morning and i was getting some smokes.

I saw what i would describe as the shadowy outline of something resembling a chimp, it crossed the road about 30 or 40 metres ahead of me and it was moving fast but it didn't have the typical 'chimp' gait that anyone who watch's nature doco's would be familiar with.

I cautiously approached the place where i saw it run (behind a parked car) and tried to have a look around. it was a dark suburban street at a section where some of the street lights don't work. It didn't frighten me though it probably should have.

It was strange. I have never seen anything like it before or since, though i have made a point of not venturing out after dark if i can help it.

I live in Australia and we don't have primates here (outside of zoo's and parliment) and the 'figure' was only vaguely chimpanzee shaped ie: short legs, thick body, long arms, smallish head.

I haven't been able to find a reference to any aboriginal lore that sounds similar to this and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i might have seen.

It may have just been my imagination playing tricks on me but i was calm and relaxed at the time so that seems unlikely.

Any ideas?
edit on 28-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Possibly a drop bear that dropped too early and had to run for cover and try and climb the nearest tree to ambush the next person wondering the streets at 1 in the morning.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wish i could have read those off topic post's before they were removed.

I was only telling what i saw and i did mention that it may have been my mind playing tricks. I just thought someone might have some input other then whatever insulting stuff i'm guessing was in those two posts.

Real friendly bunch sometimes aren't ya.

Could wakeupriseup and the other guy please repost the basic gist of what you said in a way in which it won't be removed please.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Possibly a drop bear that dropped too early and had to run for cover and try and climb the nearest tree to ambush the next person wondering the streets at 1 in the morning.

It might have been.

ridicule away, like i said i'm just telling you what i saw. i don't know what it was or if it was anything at all but it did strike me as being unusual so i thought it might make for an interesting topic of conversation.

This is more directed at the two off topic posts but make sure you message me if you ever witness something bizzare so i can chime on in

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
How many amazing things are overlooked and missed because of peoples ridicule?

Well screw you, have your fun.
It won't stop me from sharing bizzare stuff that i experience.

I kinda feel sorry that these people don't enjoy the wonder of the unknown, it's awesome. why wouldn't anyone want to enjoy it?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
WakeUpRiseUp: Ok, now that i read your message i have to agree that those are both distinct possibilities, though i don't think a 'little' person could move that fast.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yowie???
Drop Bear???

If it is indeed real, i'm leaning towards yowie

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
interesting.. almost want to say an orangutan.. but they're not native to australia..
only other thing that comes to mind is kids running about playing latenight..

Should see if you can spot one again to get a better look at it..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hey, I love stories like this. It is the seemingly mundane with a twist that give me the heebies. I wouldn't have been scared either if I thought it was some kind of animal but anything that has a look like a chimp, running around freely at night is definitively strange. My husband and I once saw in a small village in the UK, in the dark what looked like a big dark dog but when it got up from it's sitting position it looked like a cat. Did we see an ABC? I don't know. Now I have no idea about animals in Australia. Is there maybe one of the marsupials that could look like what the OP saw, with short stumpy legs and long arms?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Can you draw a scetch for us to look at?

Until then I'll assume it was your mother in law

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

yeah i would say you have had a yowie encounter try yowiehunters.com for more info
another site is
www.mysteriousaustralia.com...
plenty of strange things in oz most just over look or cant be stuffed, good on ya for having the kahunas to post your experience. good luck

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Can you draw a sketch for us to look at?

Until then I'll assume it was your mother in law

Not married but funny none-the-less.
I don't have good facilities to make a sketch but imagine a black shape, the same basic dimensions of a chimpanzee but not using it's arms to move, only it's legs and moving as fast as a mouse across your kitchen floor.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
AYR has stories of the littler Yowies seen in AU. It's on their main page. Grin....it should fill in some backround info for ya.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Your story reminds me of these little guys in this movie.

Don't go out at 1:00 a.m. without your four barreled shotgun!

edit on 28-11-2011 by supine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Random temporal dimensional crossing? Possibly like the Chupacabra or the Mothman.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
interesting story mate, I live in Aus too and I have a mate that seen a ape-like creature aswell on his property. has to be something.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti

Random temporal dimensional crossing? Possibly like the Chupacabra or the Mothman.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

This is kinda what i was thinking, one of those bizzare one-off events that sometimes happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
interesting story mate, I live in Aus too and I have a mate that seen a ape-like creature aswell on his property. has to be something.

Excatly. I'm not prone to B.S-ing for fun, I don't see the point in making myself look like a pathetic attention seeker, so what i say here is my honest observation.

Like you say, it has to be something.

I only saw it briefly but that kind of thing will grab your attention and you remember it.

Australia is FULL of this kind of thing, weird stuff's been reported since way before colonization, sometimes things have happened that even the aboriginals don't have an answer for, nothing in their lore at all to explain it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join