It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: We'll fire 150,000 missiles at Israel if attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Umm, does Iran even HAVE 150,000 missiles that can reach Israel?

I am extremely leery of posting this article from ynet news, but here it is:

Iranian Defense Minister General Ahmad Vahidi said Israel would be attacked with 150,000 missiles if it launches any military action against the Islamic Republic, the Iran Independent News Service reported Sunday.

Speaking before 50,000 army volunteers in Bushehr, the minister said "Iran is not Iraq or Afghanistan, if the Americans make the mistake and attack Iran, we will show them how to fight,” adding “Israel has to be punished for what it has done to the Muslims in Palestine and Lebanon."

However, according to Iranian news outlets Vahidi did not specify if the missiles would be fired from Iran or other locations.

www.ynetnews.com...

And sourced by DrudgeReport.com

So where are all these missiles? In Lebanon or Syria?

Or this just another piece of anti-Iranian piece of news garbage from another Debka/Sorcha Faal FAILURE?

:shk:

Either way, 150,000 missiles into a country as small as Israel definitely caught my attention- and no doubt the Israeli's attention as well. Propaganda or truth?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
hoooly lol any missile defense system would not be capable of defending against 150,000 missiles..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
sheeeshhhh 150,000 thousand.. i wonder if they even have that much troops

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
150,000 Iran missiles awaiting Israel
Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:6PM GMT

www.presstv.ir/detail/212486.html

Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi says Iran will teach Israel a good lesson if the entity tries to attack the Islamic Republic.

Vahidi said on Sunday that Israel will not have a minimal chance of survival after venturing a military attack against Iran, as Iranian armed forces will pound all of Israel with thousands of missiles, Fars News Agency reported.

“The enemy must answer this question, if it attacks Iran, for how long a battle and losing how many of its warships and vessels has it prepared itself?”

(...)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ulfcoyd

OK, thanks for the link. So that gives us two sources on the story, one from Israel, and the other from Iran. I suppose we are getting closer to the truth about the claims, but where are these missiles. I thought Iran was just on the verge of testing missiles that can even reach Israel from Iran, last I read.

edit on Mon Nov 28th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think Iran is using a lot of hot air. However I think they have the right to defend themselves. The only reason they are being invaded is because they do not have a Rockafella central bank.. Same as Libya, Iraq etc...
Own the money own the country....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Total bull.

It's like saying ``It's gonna hit him like a ton of bricks``... it's a metaphor... guess journalists would rather make money then report the truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Who ever attacks first at this point is going to initiate WWIII, and I will be blaming the first person to use unnecessary offensive force. Powerful countries such as China and Russia are now claiming they are going to protect Iran if they are attacked. It doesn't matter if Iran is bluffing about this, because they do have major support one way or another. No one will be protecting anyone if a large scale war breaks out...the only thing we will be seeing is death on a massive scale. Who really wants to see that? I grow tired of these psychopathic leaders...
edit on 28-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It may well be BS. The story might be true, but I visited this site to affirm that last I read, Iran does not have the goods to deliver, unless they were parked in Syria/Lebanon. And even then, these numbers show no such inventory:

www.fas.org...

IT appears to be mindless, untrue saber rattling from Iran- big talk meant to intimidate, and nothing more. Can't say I blame them though, given the threats from IsrAmerica.

Notice, however, that he says "IF attacked." In other words, even if they have the missiles, they show no propensity to use them against Israel FIRST.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We'll fire 150,000 missiles at Israel if attacked,

And in the fine print ,"with the hope that one might make it"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
the question that keeps popping up is 'do they have that quantity of missiles'....we have had a few threads in which it has been stated that both Iran and Syria are both being supported by Russia and China....well, we know that both of them have those capabilities, and Iran has had some time to stock pile arms.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I was reading up on Syrian missiles yesterday.

Apparently the Syrians passed on some Scud type C to Iran.

Here's a pretty chart

I'm not sure if Iran could hit Israel at the moment

Unless they have a big Dong

edit on 28-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

yes, that's the map from the FAS link I posted above. But here's another source from:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Same deal. Highly doubtful Iran has the goods to deliver on this promise.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm not sure if Iran could hit Israel at the moment

I don't know where you read that bull... but Syria didn't give any missiles to Iran. More like Iran gave missiles to Syria. Maybe you are mistaken and read that Syria gave Scuds to Hezbollah, because that was in the news a few months back.

Iran's missiles are way more advanced than anything Syria has.

Iran have Shahab-1, 2 and 3... which are liquid fueled... only the Shahab 3 can reach Israel.

They also have the Sajil, basically the same missile as Shahab 3 but solid fueled... and another one Fajr-3 MIRV which is supposed to have MIRV technology.

Iran can certainly hit Israel... but with what accuracy (probably poor)... and how many missiles would make it into the air before NATO starts bombing Iran?

At best, Iran has 100-150 missiles that can reach Israel. How many make it there, that's harder to know.

What you have to understand with Iran is that they announce new kind of weapons all the time and they claim the weapons are awesome. But more often than not, those weapons don't even EXIST... they are just old weapons given a new paint job and given a new name. Iran is doing this to APPEAR strong in the face of the enemy and for internal propaganda... but really, they are weak.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
We must also keep this in mind:

Fulfilling a contract from 2007, the Russian government has made good on the delivery of SSN-26 Yakhont anti-ship missiles to the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. These missiles are different than the S-300 missiles Russian technicians have been installing in Syria in recent days in anticipation of a no-fly zone over Syria. Those are anti-aircraft missiles, while these are designed to destroy ships - and they are very good at it.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

Who knows who else might be supplying them with weaponry. edit: sorry that's Syria in the article above, but I suspect some may have been transferred to Iran.

Also of relevance are these two threads which I was referring to before:
Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'
"China will not hesitate to protect Iran even with a third World War" Major General Zhang Zhaozhon
edit on 28-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

yes, that's the map from the FAS link I posted above. But here's another source from:

oops it is too

I remember something about Iran sending a rocket into space

Maybe they have long range missiles now as well

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I'd venture to say that if Iran indeed had 150,000 missiles that could hit Israel (and nearly or completely destroy it), there would have been war long ago.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I don't know where you read that bull... but Syria didn't give any missiles to Iran. More like Iran gave missiles to Syria. Maybe you are mistaken and read that Syria gave Scuds to Hezbollah, because that was in the news a few months back.
reply to post by Vitchilo

Of course your correct, I got it backwards

Iraqi civilians report that dozens of Iranian trucks filled with missiles have recently passed through their country, former minister Mordechai Ben-Porat told Arutz Sheva's Hebrew-language news service. The trucks appear to be heading for Syria.

and

Authorities in Iraq did not intervene to stop the weapons transfer, Ben-Porat said. The missiles could be intended for Syria, he said, which has maintained tight ties with Iran despite pressure from the United States.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Iran knows full well that some of the strongest countries in existence are gunning for it, so what does anyone honestly expect Iran to do--tuck its tail between its legs and cower like a scared puppy? That isn't going to happen.

This is a middle eastern country that we're dealing with, and as anyone knows who has paid attention in the last decade or two, governments and peoples in that part of the world do not know the meaning of the words "back down." Their pride and their image are *everything* to them, and has been proven time and time again, they'd rather die than lose face.

If any country--be it Israel or America or whoever--has a staring contest with Iran, then there this is little if any doubt that Iran is not going to blink. Iran will force your hand--just as Hussein did, and just as Gaddafi did.

If Israel and America aren't deliberately gunning for another war, then they need to change their foreign policy in how they deal with Iran. Strong-arm tactics serve only to provoke, not to intimidate.

All of these sanctions against Iran, as well as the various psychological intimidation that is continually heaped upon that country, is the equivalent of cornering a scared animal, which could snap at any moment.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
While Iran obviously would not have 150,000 missiles the fact is it would only take a few thousand to do some serious damage in an densely populated place like Israel; Iran certainly would have enough missiles to make attackers weary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join