It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible has been changed ( rewritten )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So many people choose to believe this poppycock and It's easy to see why. It makes their lives so much more convienient, when they just don't have to deal with the authority our Creator has over us. They can't understand that the wages for not following Gods law (Sin) is death. They also can't see that those laws are in place for our own good.
They refuse to see that sin has ruined our relationship with him and so he has stepped back and let us have at it.
So that automatically cursed us to have to toil the ground ( farm ) just to survive. When we did have a relationship with him he looked after us. I belive we were even immortal because it isn't Gods nature to create things that die.
Anyway if you choose to push this lie that says God isn't capable of procuring a message he wants us to have ?
When he can create a whole universe ? That's cool, but if you really want truth or truly believe this is a lie and the Bible has been changed ? I challenge that and ask you to prove it. No one should be allowed such a lie IMO.
But people are going to do, what they want to do. If the Bible has been changed it should be as easy as pie in your all seeing eye to prove. So don't just spray it when you say it. Prove it.

As I said you can choose to support this outward lie. Just the same as I will continue with the truth.

Gods word is indestructable.
edit on 27-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+71 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The bible has been changed many times by kings and corrupt biblical authorities over the years to better control the populace. This is actually well documented.

Many of the ancient biblical Scriptures have either been destroyed, hidden by private collectors and religious institutions or something along the lines of. The average Joe isn't even allowed to view the original remaining source materials in its raw, uncut format. What does that tell you?

Can we even trust that many of the bibles authors were even correct in the first place? How do we know these people weren't frauds. This is the biggest fundamental flaw with the bible and its teachings.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, if we choose to ignore the fact that historically there is evidence that parts of the Bible were omitted, and different versions were drafted, there is still the fact that today there exists multiple translations/versions of the Bible - none of which add up 100%. You can prove this to yourself - get a KJV and a NWB, read them side by side.

Today Amish communities don't allow the Bible to be read in English - they read the Bible in German even though they don't understand the language. So their interpretation of the Bible comes from the community elders, who use it to control such petty things as what color suspenders are acceptable. To me, there is plenty of evidence that the KJV or NWB or any of the others are nothing like the original texts they claim to be.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I asked you to prove it. If you cant do that you believe a lie.
Something well documented should be easily produced.

Tinker

You know as will as I do that wiki will not suffice as evidence. Why didn't you use Wiki as the heading of your link ? Evidence my rear.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It makes their lives so much more convienient, when they just don't have to deal with the authority our Creator has over us. They can't understand that the wages for not following Gods law (Sin) is death. They also can't see that those laws are in place for our own good.

Name one person that would label their life convenient? Everyone dies, so does that mean no one is capable of following Gods law? The same can be said for man's laws, they are there for our own good.

I belive we were even immortal because it isn't Gods nature to create things that die.

Please name one species that is immortal...every living thing dies.

That's cool, but if you really want truth or truly believe this is a lie and the Bible has been changed ? I challenge that and ask you to prove it. No one should be allowed such a lie IMO.

Ok, how about the Council of Nicaea? or Rather than seen as a threat to Christianity, pagan holidays and customs came to be viewed as a way to encourage and ease conversion to Christianity. or many inconsistencies in the new testament. or new testament add-ons.

If it wasn't changed, show me an original. I think the earliest was from the 4th century Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus. Show me these original manuscripts (translated) compared to the New Testament, and I will apologize to you.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just read history books and watch documentaries. I'm not your teacher or parent, I spent alot of time doing my own personal research. I don't have all day to post links and videos and recommend books. You are talking about thousands of hours of my own personal research. If you want to find out the truth as badly as I did then do exactly what I did and read, find out for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The Bible is the most edited book of all time. It has been added to and taken away from so many times who is to say what parts are still there from the first Bible. There are even versions out there where the sentence structure has been changed to make it easier to read (it is claimed). Which could easily change the meaning as well. Now add to the fact that most of the Bible was written 400 to 500 years after the fact I just find it hard to believe that any one would take any of it seriously.

I have an old book on my desk, is someone going to being using it as a bible in a few thousand years?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
The bible has been changed many times by kings and corrupt biblical authorities over the years to better control the populace. This is actually well documented.

. . .

And yet you fail to provide the proof?

The Tanakh has pretty much gone unchanged for a few thousand years.

Please see Dead Sea Scrolls.

As for the B'rit Hadasha . . .

There are approximately 5,500 copies in existence that contain all or part of the New Testament.

The New Testament was written from about A.D. 50 to A.D. 90. The earliest fragment (p. 52) dates about A.D. 120, with about fifty other fragments dating within 150–200 years from the time of composition.

Two major manuscripts, Codex Vaticanus (A.D. 325) and Codex Sinaiticus (A.D. 350), a complete copy, date within 250 years of the time of composition. This may seem like a long time span, but it is minimal compared to most ancient works.

The earliest copy of Caesar's The Gallic Wars dates 1,000 years after it was written, and the first complete copy of the Odyssey by Homer dates 2,200 years after it was written. When the interval between the writing of the New Testament and earliest copies is compared to other ancient works, the New Testament proves to be much closer to the time of the original.

F. F. Bruce makes the following observation: "The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which no one dreams of questioning."

He also states, "And if the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond all doubt" (The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? p. 15).
Sir Frederic Kenyon, former director and principal librarian of the British Museum, was one of the foremost experts on ancient manuscripts and their authority. Shortly before his death, he wrote this concerning the New Testament:

"The interval between the dates of original composition (of the New Testament) and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established" (The Bible and Archaeology, pp. 288-89).

No matter how much you wish it to be so, the scriptures that we have now are pretty damn accurate to the originals.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If you don't have the time to bring your evidence why are you posting here. If you don't have time to do what the thread is asking of you simply move on. I will assume you have none. ( Evidence )

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You sir embody everything I despise about religion. Immortality?? Favoured by god??? Come on. Immortality is physically impossible. Even planets die. Stars even.

The idea that a sentient omnipotent being plays puppet show with the people of this planet is absolutely ridiculous. Why was the universe created to be so massive then if life was only intended for earth?? What would be the point for even having a universe?? So many questions, so little that religion can answer.

The problem is that the word of gos has Ben written by the hands of men. Men are both good and evil. Men have agendas and desires.

Answer me this. If you think there is nothing sinister behind the bible then why has some of the greatest atrocities committed by men done in the name of god??? And considering that why can we assume the bible is legit if the very people we entrust to be the authority on god are some of type biggest murderers throughout the course of history???

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Show me the original to the Odyssey by Homer, or else it was obviously edited to control people.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You sir embody everything I despise about religion

Not that I even give a crap but it's very rude to assume I even have a religion.

Superman
Show me the proof . I will look thru your links later. But I'm asking you to make this easy for everyone to see.
K ?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am not really wanting to argue with what you hold sacred, as I respect whatever gives people faith and allows them comfort, solace in the pain of living..... However, what i would say to you is that much has been erased, manipulated and changed, and this, in essence, created the perfect crime....to commit the evil, erase all proof and fact of it, so as to make the victim the perpetrator. Now, I realize, upon first reading, this may not seem to relate at all to what you are saying and asking for. However, in truth it does. There was truth before the bible, and before it was manipulated to make a new truth, but all, are obfusctions by which to assert that life and living are inherently evil and should be destroyed, so that there is nothing any longer.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

What about the fact that languages such as Aramaic and Hebrew have literally no value when translated to English????

What about the fact that the original Hebrew scriptures are just a big ripoff of Sumerian beliefs with all the names and dates changed??? Those scripters while authentic were derived from older ones that most people almost always fail to mention.

Nice try though. I'm not on trial here so I believe I'm not required to provide any evidence.

The thing I always find hilarious about religious followers is that they will almost always never bother to read the first counter argument to their religion and if they do its always with a biased opinion. Yet a non believer such as myself will take the time to read both sides with a non biased opinion before drawing his conclusions. Lol

Gotta love lemmings

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
I am not really wanting to argue with what you hold sacred, as I respect whatever gives people faith and allows them comfort, solace in the pain of living..... However, what i would say to you is that much has been erased, manipulated and changed, and this, in essence, created the perfect crime....to commit the evil, erase all proof and fact of it, so as to make the victim the perpetrator. Now, I realize, upon first reading, this may not seem to relate at all to what you are saying and asking for. However, in truth it does. There was truth before the bible, and before it was manipulated to make a new truth, but all, are obfusctions by which to assert that life and living are inherently evil and should be destroyed, so that there is nothing any longer.

Guess what ? I don't want any arguements either. Yours or anyone elses. I want proof.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ask the pope to view the Vatican library, where the majority of original biblical writings are kept. Tell me what happens.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I asked you to prove it. If you cant do that you believe a lie.
Something well documented should be easily produced.

Tinker

You know as will as I do that wiki will not suffice as evidence. Why didn't you use Wiki as the heading of your link ? Evidence my rear.

You know that whole idea that Wikipedia is not a good source is a copout by people who don't want to really see evidence.

You know something cool about Wikipedia? It SOURCES all it's material at the bottom of the page. So I just gave you 40 or so links to prove that the Bible has in fact been through many iterations. YOU have the questions, YOU check the sources.

Can you please send me a link to your list of sites that are acceptable and unacceptable as evidence? I'm not your mom, you can click the links to academic articles yourself. Good luck - based on this interaction I firmly believe you'll need it.

I literally LOL'd at your response.. The Wikipedia article sources well known historical fact and you dispute it. Some people really, really want to believe it was the Easter Bunny who left those eggs full of candy in the front yard. Poor bastards.
edit on 27-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Illuminati? No.

The bible is not the "word" of god. It was written by man. Based on "true" events.

The Bibles stories are not original and have been influenced and stolen from various other religions, events and myths.

Around 300 AD the bible you all blindly love was pieced together to suit the needs of the church at that time. All the books, stories and passages that did not fit there needs were changed erased and burned.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
The Bible is the most edited book of all time. It has been added to and taken away from so many times who is to say what parts are still there from the first Bible.

There is a science to this. Read up on it. It is the same science that is used to compare all ancient books.

There are even versions out there where the sentence structure has been changed to make it easier to read (it is claimed).

Translations are always touchy. That is why you compare scripture with scripture. The word of YHWH can't contradict.

If 2=2=4, and yet you are getting 5, you are doing something wrong.

Now add to the fact that most of the Bible was written 400 to 500 years after the fact

No they were not. They were copied, but not written after the fact.

I just find it hard to believe that any one would take any of it seriously.

Yet you can take the Gallic Wars seriously . . .interesting

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by randyvs

Ask the pope to view the Vatican library, where the majority of original biblical writings are kept. Tell me what happens.

Ok I'm asking.

Tinker

I'm not your mom,

No you're not. nor have I made that mistake AND it isn't exactly polite to speak of the dead. Just so you know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join