It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible has been changed ( rewritten )

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Hi Dayve

You claim to have 'read' the 'Bible' (probably only in English translations and not in paleoHebrew, Aramaic or Greek?) and yet - you claim you've NEVER EVER ONCE encountered the story of Bala'am and his infamous paleo-Hebrew Talking Donkey? So much for the King James Version !!

Here Is What You Wrote :

QUOTE -

Sigismundus : ... Talking Donkeys? Where in the Bible does it have talking Donkeys?

I actually have read the Bible and gone to Church, this is all just what you want to believe thats the whole point
If you dont, your just going to want people to throw proof in your face, thats something you need to find on your own.

I am not a religious person but I'm no Dummy...

UNQUOTE

Well, maybe you're no dummy, you just are not a very attentive reader : Here is the LINK for the Oracular Donkey of the Jews who seems to like to chat...alot apparently...

en.wikipedia.org...

See: The Book of Numbers (part of the TORAH of the Jews) chapter 22: verses 21-35

Now how can any responsible individual walk around claiming he has 'read' the 'Bible' and yet NOT come across this story?

I hate to ask, but I feel I must - since you claim to be somewhat intelligent : Did...you...go...to...College ?

edit on 8-2-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering cccccomputttter keeeyyyboarddddd

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Last thing, when it comes to translations they usually use, Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew but Latin is not considered Holy enough by some sects so to narrow down the meaning of a certain word, all three languages have the same letter/number matrix system, so if one langauge is not well known today they compromise with the other languages to focus on a word or meaning. The gospels were preached to Greece, Rome and Europe because they could understand the language, Greek is still used today with Hebrew reintroduced as prophecy said it would back in the land of Israel amoung other prophecies.

So by using a one on one language does not always paint the picture if some meaning have been lost, the focus is of three a trinity of the basic translation.

Read the Preface of a Bible it usually tells you how it was translated.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wasent There scrolls found that are like extemley old? I forgot were i read this i think they are called the sea scrolls. Its like the first book of the bible ever written

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3raser
reply to post by randyvs

Wasent There scrolls found that are like extemley old? I forgot were i read this i think they are called the sea scrolls. Its like the first book of the bible ever written

You,re speaking of " The dead sea scrolls " my good member. You should have a google of them. I apologise for taking so long to reply.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just as there was an establishment meeting for the vatican city I believe, the group of people sat down and picked and pulled what they wanted in the bible and didn't want in the bible, the only REAL word by word one is the original, but who knows where that is, could be burned for all we know and we are following a lie, but pray its the truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's actually common knowledge that this has happened. It's been translated and "tweaked" from many tongues and usually by "leaders" to suit their own tastes and views. Furthermore, we don't even know what some of the original text says and we just have to use context clues to get a rough translation.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The overall theme of the New Testament (Love Your Fellow Man) seems to be OK, but like with any individual story, it changes as it's passed from person to person. The Bible is composed of MANY stories that have been passed along for MANY generations.
-cwm

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join