It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent From Tahrir: Join Our Struggle For The Survival Of The Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Foreign governments are paying lip-service to ‘human rights’ while they deal with the junta, shaking hands and legitimizing them with empty rhetoric. The US is still sending $1.2 billion in military aid to the Egyptian military. The army and police rely on tear gas, bullets and weapons from abroad. No doubt their stock has been replenished by US and other governments over the last nine months. Stock will run low again.

Source

When the Egyptians wanted Mubarak out, President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton recommended Mubarak stop the violent response to his people and step down, give them the democracy they were demanding. We are left to assume that our government didn't know that the military and police that stood with the people would betray them. But, the military and police have betrayed Egypt. The military will not step aside and let elections take place. So why is the US still sending aid to Egypt's military?

Yesterday, Occupy began protesting at Egyptian Embassy's in defiance of our cooperation with the Military Junta in Egypt.

An action is also being planned for Thursday, December 1st in front of a tear gas plant in Jamestown, Pennsylvania that has been supplying the Egyptian military junta. Participants from Occupy camps across the Northeast region will gather outside of the plant, which is owned by Combined Systems International.

occupywallst.org

I know that many of you hold disdain for Occupy or simply don't understand it and this may cause further confusion, I hope I can explain. This is my opinion, I speak only for myself, but I speak as a supporter and participant of Occupy. Occupy is part of a Global Revolution (non-violent) standing up to the corruption that doesn't just infect one thing. This corruption drives poverty, economic collapse, war, slavery, dominance, oppression, starvation, genocide and just about any other nasty thing you can think of. TPTB play a giant game of chess and we are the pawns.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I really hope people can look past the nonsense in the media and support the occupy method of protest, especially for causes like this. Occupy really isn't left or right no matter what people say, it's about human rights and freedom, and this is just one glaring example. It's inspirational to see the peoples' determination in Egypt while facing such cruel violence, especially when the Egyptian military has already said they feel their response to the protesters is justified based on what they have seen in the US in regards to cracking down on protests.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The problem isn't the idea of OWS its the deliberate direction it has been taken. There are plenty of well meaning people participating and everyone is out there for a different cause. Obama sent an announcement to Egypt during the first two weeks claiming that it was about supporting him and keeping him in office. Al Gore had called for it prior to the first groups came in and the rest of course is history. The Egyptian people who believe they can look to the US to come to their aide unfortunately are deluded.. There is an effort to stop the elections and put in place one of their Globalist NWO cronies. The people are being used and will be taken to their destruction. In Iraq the Shia were pressed and encourage to take up arms against Saddam. When they did they were left to be destroyed. My friend who found out what had happened years later and understood the way they were used and left to die. Said everything would have been alright if they would have just sat down. The US government is at this moment passing laws to deal with the American people as if they didn't have enough. Mc Cain and his friends attempting and probably succeeding to turn the entire US into being called a battleground. THe nation of law to have no law. All americans subject to arrest with no charges, no courts no trials simply vanish into a black hole and never to be seen again. Does anyone believe these people want something different for anyone anywhere at anytime. They will be camelions long enough to get what serves their purposes but don't be fooled. There is no help, no calvery, no knights to come to Egypts rescue or the worlds rescue.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Hey Red, sorry but more than half your post...I have no idea what you're talking about, I've never heard of half the things you are saying can you explain:

Obama sent word to who about what?
When has Al Gore done anything but talk about Global Warming since the Presidency was stolen from him?
If the NWO is a real thing, than it is already in place.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

He sent a message to Egypt. Apparently it was on their news media. My fiancee lives there and interpeted it for me when it was on. I was so upset I had a rant about the entire thing. Of course the NWo is in place but there is a difference of in place as far as planning stages and implementing stages. It isn't like it all comes together in a day. There is still the ability to sidetack them but I personally don't believe much longer. Al Gore was on the main stream media in late august early sept. calling for a US arab spring I was afraid at that time martial law was just around the corner. People haven't reacted the way they wanted. None of this is actually new info.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Even if Obama said this, doesn't make it true. Outside the Egyptian Consulate today they were calling Obama out along with the Egyptians. The chant was:
"Obama, can you hear...people are dying in Tahrir"
They were also calling out about the tear gas that was made in America.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Violence begets violence, which begets violence, which (in turn) begets violence. . . . .

ad nauseum.

When Mubarak was violently overthrown earlier this year and was replaced by a ruling group that used violence to obtain their goals, is it any wonder that they use. . . .violence to supress any opposition?

My biggest shock is that people are surprised by these turn of events.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree for the most part, which is why Occupy is determined to stay peaceful. As far as Egypt goes though, I think any human would be hard pressed to have seen through what was happening. Outside perspective is never the same as inside. Here these people were demanding their ruler step down and he was using lethal force to stop them, then suddenly, miraculously, the soldiers stopped shooting. I don't know how not to get swept up in the emotion of that. I feel betrayed just on a human level and I'm not even egyptian. It's all so tragic and it looks like our government played it's part in it too maybe that's why I feel betrayed. I don't want my country profiting off the wars we wage or support or stick our hands into. Our troops certainly never receive the spoils of war. It's all insanity, pure insanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Earlier this year, I authored a thread that asked the question
Violently overthrowing governments leaves violent governments in charge.,

I didn't specify Egypt then, but it is in my nature to be a cynic.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So what to do though? Stay Oppressed?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

So what to do though? Stay Oppressed?
No. Of course not. Just be careful of how you fight oppression. Simply fighting oppression might just lead you to oppress others.
As in this case.

There was no forethought to this.
Yay! We're out of the frying pan!
Ooops? Is that a fire?

There are different ways to fight. Outcomes are determined by how the fight, the battle, is engineered.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You people must also assume that if you put a child in the corner they're going to behave when they come out. Governments have become so out of control it will require symbolic arrests.

I reccommend the top ten dirtiest politicians. Throw in the top ten most crooked bankers and the top ten warcriminals along with the top ten most murderous eugenists, too. Now, line them all up and throw them in max security prisons on live television.

Run this message:

To those that have come from the revolving door to the depths of hell, we are watching you and we demand restoration of soverign rights, currency and property. This is our minimum expectation of you and for this we offer to forgive your trespass on humanity so long as you fight with us to reclaim our former glory, not on some battlefield, but in the halls of government.
edit on 2011/11/27 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/11/27 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
By obamas own logic, libya should invade the u.s. Due to a violent crackdown on protesters from the thug police. Sure I support occupy movements but its not enough. Wait about a year or two for the real shift to hit the fan. If you really want to resist, be a free spirit and do not be weighted down by democracy our the complications of large groups of people. Collectivism is not a solution to government collectivism.
edit on 27-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Actually people would be amazed at how much I know about the Occupy Movement. As far as some of the origins but what I want to know is was the push for November 17 as the do or die day more important to the origin or what came from that origin?

Even the title of this thread is suspect when reading it.. The Revolution... just sounds too much like the October Revolution. Which come to think of it, October was when the Occupy groups started getting press.

But before the Occupy groups get out of hand with their new found limited powers, I actually urge them to read Orwell's Animal Farm and ask themselves just which animal do they think they would be in the book. Well, I encourage everyone to read Animal Farm to be honest, because people will find that the world we live in now is far closer to that than 1984 or Huxley's Brave New World.

But I think you will find that many of the guest speakers are the kind that sleep in beds without sheets. After all, Jessie Jackson was at Occupy Cincinnati just prior to the November 17 deadline for a few days.

And as this thread points out, the Occupy Movement didn't end with the 17th...just public PR of camping in parks, as it has moved to activist phase among the leadership.

Of course the fatal flaw in all this is that sheep are not dogs.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I suppose we should never stand up because of the fear of great orchestrations and manipulations. We should immediately step back, fall in line and be grateful that we still have some freedoms. Coincedences are just that, for there to be more to it than that it would require organization at levels that we cannot even see in order to coordinate attacks on the movement to inspire actions on specific dates. Isn't it about time in our history when we don't let our fears silence us any longer?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What I am saying is to be very mindful of whom you are standing for and and who exactly is standing with when you take a stand.

And always keep in mind that the elites are far more dependent on a system (that is to say any system) being in place than are the people in total poverty.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

seems to me from interviews with various activists in the square that they feel the election process has already been co-opted/hijacked. a number of interviewees stated that the characters shown in the msm no longer have the wishes of the people as the priority. the turmoil is also ramping up due to factions splitting off from the brotherhood which will make this more complicted when power is dished out.
i hope all the peoples of egypt are truly represented after the election dust settles, however, i cannot help but think this is already a done deal and further trouble is ahead from those that wish equality and freedoms.
time will tell.
if trouble occurs it seems to me that whoever is behind it will concentrate on the divide and conquer tactic and they will create friction with secterianism and play the copts agains the muslim leaning communities.
f

new topics

top topics

join