It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal police move in on Occupy camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Montreal police move in on Occupy camp

www.cbc.ca

Police are descending on Occupy Montreal campers in Victoria Square a day after a second round of eviction notices were handed out by the city.

A few dozen tents remained at the site Friday morning.

Montreal police started blocking off streets and moving in on the site in the square, where Occupy movement supporters set up camp in mid-October, at around 9 a.m. E
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here we go... the Mayor of Montreal Gerald Tremblay broke his promise, he said weeks ago he would not dismantle "Occupy Montreal". He was saying he expected people to move from Square Victoria on their own because of the cold temperature.
In Edmonton as well, the Occupy movement has been dismantled
this morning.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Police moved in to the Occupy Montreal site Friday morning and pulled down the remaining tents. (Peter Akman/CBC

There was some kind of resistance but considering the cops were about 300 strong,
the protesters followed orders to dismantle and leave the Square.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Police here in Toronto already took down Occupy Toronto people are just way to much brainwashed still.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The mayor probably had hurt feelings that the OWS crew proved him/her wrong.
whats the point of protesting if the people your protesting against can just shut you down like this?
Didn't think Canada wanted to be like America but i guess i was wrong, it's been known to happen, rarely but it does happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i guess as far as inequality, oppression and no rights we can be pushed around, but damnit this city will burn if the habs don't win the cup...

Montreal has always had a reputation for rioting in the streets for hockey, they have always been loud, outspoken, opinionated and usually educated. it sickens me to see the same police who can't handle a few hundred rowdy habs fans from drunken riots downtown simply pushing their way through, and destroying the OWS encampment like the opinions of the 1500+ and all those who support them don't even matter.

I'm disapointed in my city today...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Tomorrow there is supposed to a "big" gathering at Square Victoria followed by a show at 3pm...

And some organizer was saying they are preparing other types of protests for next week.

edit on 25-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah, Gerald Tremblay broke his promise. I was saying to my family how Montréal was acting with class regarding the Occupy movement, since they did say they wouldn't dismantle the camp. Guess I was wrong, I feel really disgusted right now.

There's a big protest tomorrow, probably a couple thousands of people or so are gonna be there. Gonna be interesting, I might go there actually.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There protesting , but don't occupy because the police is just overwhelming them .

Here what they wrote on there facebook page

Occupy Montreal - Occupons Montréal
Première action directe Phase 3 effectuée: Conférence de presse de John James Charest concernant le Plan Nord au Palais des Congrès perturbée, de l'intérieur comme de l'extérieur. Service de sécurité et police déjouées. Détails à venir et à confirmer

-Traduction :First direct action Phase 3: Press Conference of John James Charest on Plan North to the Palace of the Congress, within and outside disturbed. Security Service and police foiled. Details to come and confirm

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by warstorm9

Thanks for the info
I'll check it out right now

Merci

new topics

top topics

join