It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi Bob ...I found this article that might be worth looking at ...seems Syria might be the next test site ...what a bad time to be involved in war ...peace
Russian warships that have reached waters off Syria in recent days were carrying, among other things, Russian technical advisors who will help the Syrians set up an array of S-300 missiles Damascus has received in recent weeks, a report in the London-based Arabic language Al Quds-Al Arabi said Thursday. Citing sources in Syria and Russia, the paper said that Moscow sees a Western attack on Syria as a “red line” that it will not tolerate. stratrisks.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There may be a whole other reason for the threat of WW3 starting with the Middle East. An article at Runnymede Institute outlines how to make gold with a nuclear reactor or a particle accelerator. Is it possible that modern day alchemists figured out a way to make piles of the shiny stuff for the elites, thereby leaving it practically worthless. Iran has heaps of uranium so it's free fuel in the middle of their yard.

I'm not endorsing this notion, not too technical but it's simply not wise to put anything past greedy trillionaires. If a new 'nuclear-gold standard' coinage can be secretly made as cheaply as fiat notes after the New World Order brings order out of the chaos they're fostering, we're just as screwed as before aren't we?

The article starts with the murder of an Iranian physicist.

"rumour mill still claims he was killed by Mossad and others say he was seeking the Philosopher’s Stone. Strange? Gold production by artificial means has failed in Alchemy through the ages but particle accelerators and nuclear reactors have put paid to all that by processing the only stable gold isotope, Au-197. With mercury isotope Hg-196, which occurs with a frequency of 0.15% in natural mercury, it’s convertible to gold by neutron capture, and following K+- decay into Au-197 with slow neutrons.

Other mercury isotopes are converted when irradiated with slow neutrons into one another or formed mercury isotopes, which then beta decay into thallium. Using fast neutrons, the wondrous mercury isotope Hg-198, which is contained to 9.97% in natural mercury, can be converted by splitting off a neutron and becoming Hg-197, which then disintegrates to stable gold. It is also possible to eject several neutrons with very high energy into the other mercury isotopes in order to get the Hg-197 but such high-energy neutrons can only be produced by expensive particle accelerators.

With the world’s richest uranium mine conveniently located directly below a state of the art enrichment plant, Iran was bound to provoke the usual IAEA suspects. Ever wondered what their pals really do at CERN?"

Full article

rmiglobal.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I've seen a lot of posts stating that Russia will back down and that this is just saber rattling.

I don't think so. Russia is getting sick & tired of the US trying to dictate how the World should run and many other Countries are feeling the same way.

Still got a bad feeling about all this. Russia is NOT the Country to Pi$$ off.

I really can't understand why any country would be sick and tired of the US dictating how the world should run . . . after all, they've done such a good job so far . . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by theRhenn

Iran wants to blow Israel off the map Syria wants to blow Israel off the map North Korea wants to blow South Korea off the map...

But this is not because of Russia, This is because of Western influence in said countries that is anti other said countries.

This has been going on since the wall fell, my friend. What is happening there today is retaliation, I'm sure... But we've been at this for years. Every time a country bites at our heals, russia and or china are the first ones there to hand those ankle biters weapons of mass destruction, guised as defensive weapons.

Our western influence is going to happen wether we push it down their throats or not. Lets say the US has no hand in what those guys stand for. Ya think that those people will look at the US and then their country, realise all the freedoms we have here and say "nah.. my communist, dictator opressive, starving, cut my head off if I pray to another god, kinda country is perfect... I dont need the freedoms of the US." You really think that a country will remain repressed, oppressed when they know they can be free? The government will hold them down, as they are now, but those people, with or without our influence, will prevail eventually.

Id rather western influence there than soviet style influence. We seen what happens when someone goes up against soviet influences... They get invaded, yet labled a peacefull demonstration. When we do it, it's maddening, thoughtless, crewel, oil induced attrocities!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxLucas

If what you say is true that uranium can be turned in to gold Australia has 23% of the worlds stockpile. Iran has next to nothing.
worlds uranium

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hahachacha

Hahah, "honestly who throws a shoe?"

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thislifetimeismine

That's interesting. How many nuke plants in Australia?

I'm not claiming to know if it's possible to scale up
gold conjuring in a cauldron. It's been tried before. That's all

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Look I found an article here regarding the missile situation it
is very good.

www.strategypage.com...

Soviet Era Ship Killers Slipped Into Syria

November 22, 2011: Despite the growing civil war in Syria, Russia is honoring an order, earlier this year, for an unspecified number of SSN-26 Yakhont anti-ship missiles. The order was finally confirmed eight months ago, after four years of haggling and efforts by Israel and the United States to block the sale. Apparently the missiles have already been paid for, and Syrian has assured Russia that the missiles can safely be delivered by ship. Russia is happy for any sale, but seems particularly anxious for this missile to get some combat experience.

The 3.2 ton BrahMos has a range of 300 kilometers and a 300 kg warhead. Perhaps the most striking characteristic is its high speed, literally faster (at up to a kilometer per second) than a rifle bullet. The high price of each missile, about $2.3 million, restricts the number of countries that can afford it. The weapon entered service with the Indian navy in 2005. The maximum speed of 3,000 kilometers an hour makes it harder to intercept, and means it takes five minutes or less to reach its target. The air launched version weighs 2.5 tons, the others, three tons or more.

This just goes further to confirm the story naysayers!!

Russia is wagging its war tail and time will tell when the new cold war
will start...

I think the clock has started clicking again.
edit on 25-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I like Rail Guns!With blue spirally trails!

As far as I know,laser beams don't actually cause much damage,as they burn perfect holes in targets,but it's at least a good start.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral)

Forgive me for stating the obvious but you just admitted to associating with a terrorist in an open chat forum.

I'm not surprised if this news is true though. It would make sense for Russia to arm Syria with various weapon systems to help protect their interests in the region, especially with certain countries playing their usual role as he regional bully.

I'm stuck waiting until the next episode of your show to get the remainder of the details about your terrorist friend you're chatting with on Skype. I hope an alphabet agency doesn't kick your door down before that

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Dayum, that missile seems a litle more useful

Of course the US has the ability to detect them at launch, track them, and ultimately swat them into the water like flies.... So no worries.

The Russian air defenses in Iraq were said to be the best the Russians had to offer as well at the time, in the first gulf war, and it was essentially disabled in minutes, or hours at most.

Make no mistake in regard to US vs Russian weapons and defensive systems technologies, the US is always several huge steps ahead of the Russians in every category.

I bet you, no one in the US military top brass have any fears of this "ship killing" missile.

In a straight up conventional conflict with any Russian proxy using Russian weaponry the US will win, that is a certain safe bet.

But never underestimate any enemy, which is why we are the top dogs on any battlefield.

That said, if this ultimately becomes a conflict between the USA and Russia directly, and it goes nuclear, none of the above will matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
One word... "Lasers"

www.foxnews.com...

LMFAO!!!! Boy you are brainwashed!!!!!

Oh I forgot your ALL Mighty Country is the world's savior right? Give me a break!

I seriously don't wish USA is the instigator in this because Russia will not take it lightly!! And Russia isn't alone either!

WOW! ---- One Word: Brainwashed!
edit on 25-11-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I think they call that my friend mutual destruction?

Everyone needs to take some chill pills and let cooler heads prevail.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by tooo many pills
One word... "Lasers"

www.foxnews.com...

LMFAO!!!! Boy you are brainwashed!!!!!

Oh I forgot your ALL Mighty Country is the world's savior right? Give me a break!

I seriously don't wish USA is the instigator in this because Russia will not take it lightly!! And Russia isn't alone either!

WOW! ---- One Word: Brainwashed!
edit on 25-11-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

Step to the side little boy, the men need to speak..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I think they call that my friend mutual destruction?

Everyone needs to take some chill pills and let cooler heads prevail.

Actually it's called mutually ASSURED destruction.

Thing is, who has more to lose?

The Russians see this defense shield as having the ability to change the above to "Russian assured destruction"

And having a nuclear super-power feeling that way will make swallowing a chill pill very difficult.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Russia is just sabre rattling as USA is encroaching its sphere of influence.
Don't be surprised if civil war starts in usa.Social situation is very good for that.

edit on 25-11-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
sorry... double post

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join