It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Old Corp,
Thanks for this thread!
I appreciate that time and again you bring information here, share your insights, and post thoughtful and patient replies. If more of the ATS members shared those characteristics, I would find myself here more and a lot less jaded.

One thing that really strikes me is your obvious concern for the way this situation is unfolding. There are very few on ATS that can get me to stand up and take notice, and you are one of those members. I am now researching more into this issue with Syria and look forward to more of your posts.

As I read some of the posts on this thread I am reminded of the words that a very wise man once wrote:
"A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart."

Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL!!!!! Yeah i was on Skype earlier with mahmoud ahmadinejad and he told me some stuff but im not gonna say it on here.

My thoughts exactly. Why on earth would the leader of a revolution give an interview to somebody on a conspiracy website. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people around the world with far more influence on syrian politics. Why waste what little opportunity you have on conspiracies.........nah sorry. My suspicions are getting every more confirmed about "The truth is viral".

I have already uploaded the interview portion of the show to AboveTopSecret and saved it on other media just in case. This particular individual watched my episode on Libya and liked what he saw before granting me the interview. He's a known personality, his identity is readily identifiable, and the things he had to say will make for a great show.

I don't normally like to make people eat their words, but in this case I'll make an exception since you guys are being so rude about it. When the episode airs an apology is due from several users because you are basically calling me a liar (of course I don't expect to receive one.)

I don't lie. Period.

Tell'em, Oldcorp!

They are probably unaware of your status on this site. There are a lot of ridiculous posts on ATS and most threads that claimed such a thing would be farfetched and hard to believe. Doesn't excuse the rudeness factor, though.

Keep up the good work.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

edit on 25-11-2011 by ZIPMATT because: didnt read op properly

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Silly me, I thought before he was elected that all the obama hype was billing him as being the great uniter, yet it seems he's pushing us closer to the brink of all out war more then President Bush ever did.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Well considering Russia, is already pissed about the missile defense we are putting up in Europe, and now See's a US air craft carrier headed over to their lil buddies in Syria, where they have investment, and are also hearing about sanctions and whatever else going on, I am sure they are concerned about what is happening there.. Syria, and Russia are trading as well btw, oil and what ever else.. I understand whats going on in Syria, is horrible, I agree, but man sending a air craft carrier over there spending lotsa money we do not have, and posturing ourselves in a position where accidents can happen. We are in Iraq, fighting gorilla's in Afghanistan, and now about to watch a so called no fly zone over Syria, I still do not understand what that is suppose to prove..

We had Russia, watching us from warships in Libya, reports of their warships on the coast of Syria, not to mention they have a base there as the op says, I don't think Russia, will just sit idle if TSHTF. They will lose their oil trade, their land base, and whatever other business investments, a loss of money for them, and they will blame the west...

Each time a Scenerio like this happens there is always a element of chance for the big WWIII, to start...

Doesn't mean it will happen, but why the heck do we continue to temp chance?

Its an Arab problem, a middle eastern problem, we are going to end up learning the samething the crusaders learned a long time ago... AGAIN, if we keep this crap up..
You have summed up how I feel about it to a tee my friend. They do not want America's missiles pointing at them on their borders as they feel it is a threat to their national security and have threatened action if they are put in place and the US are now threatening their business clients, whom they make a lot of money off. America for me has put them into a position where they are no longer able to back out without looking like cowards and will be made to see it through. Like you have said it may well not lead to war but at times it certainly looks like it might. Looking at it from a logical point of view, if there was another 'world war' then it wouldn't involve nuclear weapons as there would be no winner.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Anybody else get a chill reading this part?

U.S.S. George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) which is currently steaming the waters off of Syria in anticipation of the imminent declaration of a no-fly zone designed to cripple the military of Bashar al-Assad's Baathist regime.

Out of all the ships obama could've sent there it's this one? Seems like obamas got it in for any Bush.
Normally I'd say it's just Russia sabor rattling, if we had a President, Russia would back down with a lot of grumbling for show, but since were stuck with obama, I think things could get ugly and we may just wind up with a bloody nose or worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by Misoir

This whole Syrian opposition is being staged in my opinion by the Western forces in order to overthrow the al-Assad Baathist regime since it refuses to comply with the dictates coming from Washington. I would not even be surprised if the snipers littering Syria that have this faces covered are actually foreign snipers sent in to create a quagmire for the al-Assad regime. Many in Syria have sought refuge with the military because of the violent opposition, which is obviously being met with violence from the state.

The truth

this

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
if proven Syria got those carrier killer missiles, that will break the balance. Hope no nuclear though

I posted a thread of some Russian news, the only aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov will go to Mediterranean (Syria) after Dec 4 elections.

Now I read how Turkey is ready to ....do what the Arab League decides, or something like that. Seems USA will not be involved this time.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think Syria has the ability to fire these missiles beyond a short distance, relatively speaking, when you consider the range a US Carrier group engages its targets at.

They can hit Israeli missile corvettes though fairly easily with these.
edit on 25-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

reply to post by radosta

Thanks guys, you really are too kind. As far as the detractors go, I'm not doing anything they couldn't do themselves if they have the motivation and the balls to get out and do it; the only difference is that I've been doing it for a quarter of a century so I can walk up to a Presidential candidate, shake his hand and make a joke about him being the "Big Cheeze" at Godfather's pizza.

Celebrity is all perception. These people pull on their pants one leg at a time, pick their noses, and occasionally have skidmarks in their drawers just like everyone else. There is nothing special about them other than their job and the fact that they are not anonymous. If there is one thing I've learned over the years, it is that people love to talk about themselves and what they know, and many times they will answer the questions of a complete stranger with little hesitation.

The only "celebrity" I've ever spoken with who I felt was truly concerned more for other people than himself was Arlo Guthrie. I asked him, "What was it like to be one of the leaders of the anti-war movement?" He replied, "I though it was cool to be part of a movement that didn't need any leaders." The man is truly a class act, and we've kept in touch now and again over the last couple of decades. I'm actually quite proud of him.

He should take part in OWS.

@radosta - I have status?

No brother, I'm a poster just like you; the only difference is that occasionally my posts come in the form of long-winded videos. I have zero clout on the site and to be honest I prefer it that way. The mods have an unenviable job which they perform admirably for no compensation. I just don't have that kind of time; my life is hectic enough as it is.

But thank you both, and everyone else, who enjoys my work. I'm just trying to Deny Ignorance using my particular skill set.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We all heard Medvedev's position on missile defense. Now is Putin's turn, who traditionally is the tougher from the two. He has a major address this Sunday Nov 27 when United Russia will officially nominate his presidential candidature. With only one week to the parliamentary elections, I expect him to say something that will make the Russians to vote for his ruling party. Notice that the approval rating has fallen to some 40% or so. Still winners, it is not enough for them compared to the previous elections.

None the less, you may have heard of the miraculous belt of Virgin Mary from Greek monastery, that drew 560 000 worshipers and blocks the center of Moscow for a week.President Medvedev already venerated and kissed it, while PM Putin was among those who welcomed the sacred relic sometime ago in Peterburg. I don't say this is political, rather religious politics, or even a miracle of conversion.

What will be the reaction of Russia in that pre-election situation, if let say, Turkey attacks Syria for whatever reason (no more Kurds but humanitarian). Turkey is becoming more and more fundamental Muslim, and has issues with Orthodox Greece, as well as with the Greek Orthodox patriarch in Constantinople (Istanbul) whom the Greek envision as their ancient capital and never elected their own patriarch located in Greece. Without searching an Orthodox axis, it seems those countries ally regardless of their membership in different organizations. Even during the Georgian-Russian war, the Georgian patriarch called for peaceful negotiations or something like that, and soon after the war visited Moscow. On contrary, Turkey and Greece are at odds despite being members of NATO. Syria has a stable Christian minority and also Orthodox patriarch of Antioch that is one of the most senior ones. Well, all those lands were once a part of Byzantium, before being conquered by the Ottoman empire... Just for information, not that will be the most important factor today, but it may be a factor at one point that will turn the scales. Or at least to be used by someone.

Will Russia be involved in a conflict between Turkey and Syria, if USA stays aside and watches? I don't believe both USA and Russia will get involved at the same time because it will be WW3. But may be it is the Russian turn to get involved in a regional conflict, and she might be let to do it, for various reasons. Or we indeed head towards WW3? I don't see Russia losing Tarsus and all influence in Middle East. And we see a carrier group preparing to go there. You cannot hit the Russian carrier without starting WW3. Will Russia strike first? Hope not, but the option cannot be ruled out.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the post OC and I'm looking forward to the next video. I've not been reading much about Syria but now I have much more interest in what's really going on there.

As for the negative comments, do your own research, grab some good sources and make a video. We'll all be here waiting for your production. No need to bash someone for a work you haven't even seen yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Didn't France also supply Argentina with torpedoes that were used to destroy a few British ships during the Falklands War? Not sure this will lead anywhere, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
U guys need to get off the USA vs. Russia. From what I understand the illuminati has not particular race or gender. USA, Russia, and China are playing the peon countries like the Republicans and Democrats. Basically on the same side. The only reason the USA is chosen to take charge is because of the logistics and influence it has.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am starting to wonder myself if Russia will back down ,if they are willing to give Air Craft Carrier killing Cruise Missiles to a Mid East Country with a history of Anti AMericanism . I think they are drawing the line in the sand that they will not back down

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
OLD CORP

Look like Alex Jones has been reading our little thread here!!

www.infowars.com...
Russia Arms Syria With Missiles
edit on 25-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Russia likes to test it's technology vs US technology. They also supplied Iraq with many weapon systems all of which were defeated. One that cause a short stir was the so called GPS jamming equipment they gave Iraq in an effort to "JAM" guidance on US GPS guided weapons. It failed to have any effect on our munitions. I have no idea of course if these new eapons given to Seria would be more effective or not.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can't the ATS death cult just go back to worshipping asteroids.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Am I the only one who cracked up at the "USS George H.W. Bush"? I found it to be very appropriate.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

seriously what evidence was there on this issue?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join