It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia or Psychic Ability?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Getting a second opinion will help you keep it all sorted out. Hang tough and remember not to ever despair, friend.
Doubt and despair is where the demonic have a field day.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think its so wrong of a psychiatrist to say it is demons. Very unprofessional and just because a psychiatrist said that it really doesnt mean its true. On the other hand Im not completey ruling out that demons do attach to some people and try to over take them. It happened to me but I over come them because I knew they were the weak/bullies that demons are. I believe Im much stronger inside than anything that can attach themselves to me. We as humans hold so much Light inside,,its no wonder a demon or evil spirit would want to control us and make us scared by showing us bad things or voices. People try to corrupt people all around the world.Try to tell us what is right or wrong.And these demons are trying the same. If something feels wrong dont embrace it but if you think its more on a positive side and doesnt scare you then think of it what you will. This gift is entirely upto you if you embrace or not. I know for sure that this gift of mine has awakening my Soul/Spirit/Mind and now I have alot of Ascension Symtoms. I love what I hear/see/feel always have and always will. It works for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Spiritual psychology is kind of available for study, it is a newer field, and most of the scientists in it are considered on the fringe. I have some books by quantum physicist Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, and Dr. Strassman did some research with '___' in the 1990's that documented people interacting with entities while under the drug's effect (this drug, used by the Mayans, appears naturally in our pineal gland and gets injected into our brain when we sleep. It is capable of making the user enter a completely different, full-fledged reality upon injection). There are also some Soviet studies involving plant awareness, and quite a few others I've heard of.

I heard of a college in California that specializes in this kind of work, and that's where I'm thinking of applying. It would be a lot easier to move forward if people around you supported with your viewpoints.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Dr. Strassman I mentioned in the previous post was involved in "'___': The Spirit Molecule." I would say the problem with schizophrenia is that it sounds like it can be hard to deal with, and that unfortunately leaves dealing with the psychiatry industry as the only main option - and the medicines they give you for that kind of stuff can have horrible side-effects or make you a zombie, seriously. It's kind of a bad situation.

That's interesting - I would have thought that '___' was involved in schizophrenia, that makes sense.

Oh yeah, my mom had an experience one time similar to those you guys mentioned. I was a little boy and had a counseling appointment at 3:00 Thursday. My mom suddenly got very sick and called and cancelled for no reason.

I remember the conversation - I asked her why she cancelled it, she said she just felt like it, and I decided that she was right. It turns out that a gunman came into the office at 3:30 that day and killed more than 20 people. It was very traumatic because my dad worked in the same hospital and was shot, but not killed, so I tend not to think about it often.
edit on 25-11-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Explanation: S&F!

Note: Take the warning in the linked vid below SERIOIUSLY ok!

Personal Disclosure: I also have schizophrenia and I found this 1.5hr long lecture by Sapolsky very usefull!

Sapolsky on Religion [blip.tv]

Where he goes into detail on the full crazy and the half crazy and how they are distinguished from each other and how hearing the voices and seeing the visions in the right place and setting is a good thing and socially supported, where as hearing the voices and seeing the visons in other settings is detrimental and socially rejected.

I hope this helps!

edit on 25-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling and spacing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
and then there is the '___' connection

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I once attended a lecture by a retired psychiatrist who stated that over the course of his career many of his voice hearing schizophrenic patients stated they were hearing spirits/entities - in effect being personally haunted. He then decided to take them at their word and used hypnosis on them.

He asked them to imagine their bodies filled with light - and then seek out any areas of darkness in their being. These dark patches he identified as being the origin of the voices. Under hypnosis he would call the voices out and ask them why they were harassing his patients. After a conversation with said voice he would explain the discomfort they were causing his patient and ask the voice to move on. He claimed an extremely high success rate.

When the floor was open to questions I stuck up my hand and asked if his patients were able to come off anti-psychotic meds...he actually blushed...shuffled....and said it was a bit more complex than that - and no they did not come off their meds.

I was angry at this guy. So all through his career he's been telling voice hearers they are sick for the sake of his career while secretly believing they were haunted. Why didn't he speak out when he working?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think I might be able to give you some advice, or atleast Im going to try. I also have been diagnosed with schizofrenia. I was diagnosed and medicated at the age of 19. About a year later my diagnosis was changed to schizo-affective. Ive been on sevefal medications and had some medical coverage problems in the past where I self medicated but I wont get into that. Ive been off meds for about 2 years now and some of the expieriences you posted sound familiar. Especially deja vu. I used to get that a lot in highschool befor I saw a doctor and I had forgotten almost everything I used to go through until I stopped the meds a couple years back. Im finding that if I try to keep track of out of the ordinary things in a notebook(trust me I know thats pretty much everything dealing with this sometimes)and also keep meds around as a last resort, I find myself having a lot better of a handle on things. Ive had experiences, good and bad, that I want to just attribute to a day dream or a lucid imagination but I cant shake the facts of what I saw or heard. I look up online any info on what Ive expierienced that I can learn from or help me explain things better. I have a lot of sleep paralysis, sometimes with a dream sometimes with nothing but trying to scream myself awake. Ever happen to you?(It helps to wiggle a toe or finger to wake up, or just relax and talk to yourself until you do) Ive definatley had expieriences that anyone would call a psycic ability or phenomena. Some times I can replicate it depending on my level of anxiety. A good example happened maybe a month ago. I was drawing a picture, doodling really, and I just started getting into it and a picture appeared of a shooting star. I drew buildings and houses around it and what looked like an explosion. It stood out because I do have a talent for drawing but I havnt in years. The next day that meteor hit Buenos Aires. I read it on here I think and watched the news report on youtube. It wasnt so much the circumstance or coincidence but the feeling of drawing the picture that I got. Just unexplainable and a meteor destroying even one house is so rare but it took out a few and killed someone. I did some research that night and found an article about how the attributes of ancient shaaman and what society today calls a pschizofrenic are almost identical. The only real difference is that today people see someone who sees things they dont as crazy and want them medicated. In my honest opinion there is a huge difference between a pschizofrenic and someone who is crazy. Crazy people make so called normal people scared because they hurt people due to their lack of understanding right and wrong. If someone is scared of a pschizo then theyre really saying theyre afraid of a word. I believe over the decades people have lost touch with something. I say something because no one completely knows what the ancients knew of the human brains ability, or even our spirit/soul. I think people who are born today with abilities that would make them a shaaman in ancient times end up being brought up and treated like theyre less fortunate then the rest because its near impossible these days for any parents or mentors to take a gifted kid under theyre wing and show them how to use what they have. Everyone who has it in there genes also has the amnesia their ancestors had befor them. Im sure no one would argue if I said that anyone born with extra overactive parts of theyre brain that arnt properly taught how to use it like its meant ,instead of medicated and forgotten, it will just get out of control. The longer it goes like that, the harder to fine tune. Anyway, Im not saying go dump your meds(if any) down the toilet or always think you know it all, but I am saying everyone has their skill sets and sometimes it takes finetuning. Look up the pineal gland and meditation if youre that interested in the biology and strengths of this so called "disease". It has a lot to do with the sub-conscious mind too. The glass is half full.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

when my partner when through psychosis( hearing voices )
having conversations with thin air ,(people within our family)
i went to the doctors as soon as they opened whet to the
first door that opened" which was the nurse who takes bloods"
told her what was going on with my partner and the first
thing she asked me was there any strange activity
happening in the house which i thought was strange.

we did have some strange activity well before her episode
and well after but not at the time of psychosis.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental disorder that makes people (amongst many other things) delusional. Psychic ability would tend to fit that mould perfectly.

IRM

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Explanation:
:shk:

Delusion [thefreedictionary.com]

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English delusioun, from Latin dlsi, dlsin-, from dlsus, past participle of dldere, to delude; see delude.]

Delusion [medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com]

delusion /de·lu·sion/ (dĕ-loo´zhun) an idiosyncratic false belief that is firmly maintained in spite of incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.delu´sional
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bizarre delusion one that is patently absurd, with no possible basis in fact.
delusion of control the delusion that one's thoughts, feelings, and actions are not one's own but are being imposed by someone else or other external force.
depressive delusion one that is congruent with a predominant depressed mood.
erotomanic delusion one associated with erotomania.
delusion of grandeur , grandiose delusion delusional conviction of one's own importance, power, or knowledge or that one is, or has a special relationship with, a deity or a famous person.
delusion of jealousy a delusional belief that one's spouse or lover is unfaithful, based on erroneous inferences drawn from innocent events imagined to be evidence.
mixed delusion one in which no central theme predominates.
delusion of negation , nihilistic delusion a depressive delusion that the self or part of the self, part of the body, other persons, or the whole world has ceased to exist.
delusion of persecution a delusion that one is being attacked, harassed, persecuted, cheated, or conspired against.
delusion of reference a delusional conviction that ordinary events, objects, or behaviors of others have particular and unusual meanings specifically for oneself.
systematized delusions a group of delusions organized around a common theme.

Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. © 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

Seems that is going to have to be assessed on a case by case basis!

Personal Disclosure: I may know something others don't know .. does that make me crazy , psychic or just knowledgable? The proof is in the pudding and is found in the consumption of the pudding and so testing of ones beliefs is important [but not in a reckless unplanned off hand manner] because scientists and sceptics don't get to apply any past test results to any current claimed delusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

A delusion doesn't explain what happened.
So I don't understand what you are trying to say?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by GmoS719

Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental disorder that makes people (amongst many other things) delusional. Psychic ability would tend to fit that mould perfectly.

IRM

The above post is clearly trying to imply that Psycic ability is a debilitating mental disorder that makes people (amongst many other things) delusional.

And I posted my reply directly to the thread instead of replying to that members post directly!

And in my post I showed that we are going to have to assess each one on a case by case basis ...
since the term delusional can only be applied after the claimaints false belief remains strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence which of course means the claimaints claims have been fully tested.

Personal Disclosure: I agree that it hasn't been determined either way yet whether the experience was of the delusional kind or not!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I misunderstood.
I took it as you were saying I am delusional. LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I tagged this thread a while ago because this kind of thing is fascinating to me.....

Here is my experience less the really bizarre mind blowing details im sure only those who have psychotic experiences can relate too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe everyone else is just handicapped because they just can't see or hear what others are able too.

If everyone was colorblind and you described blue I guess you would be delusional and sick because you saw what others didn't.

That said, nothing is black and white.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted your experience. I'm not schizophrenic, but I've had some very similar experiences. At first I thought they were spiritual, but I don't think so anymore.

If you think about it, just because you remember something happened doesn't mean it happened. For example, the memories of the dog with the bell over here and over there might have been created in your mind AFTER you saw the real dog in the house. That's probably all deja vu is too.

edit on 1-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
From my own experiences, the world of the dream starts to interlace with the world of being awake - even the slightest sound or hum is translated into words and voices. Along the way I have discovered the astral world, and specifically astral implants, and whenever I remove a component, the specific hallucination phenomenon ceases. It is as if there is a software or program that exists in our astral beings, teaching us lessons on one hand, and creating a whole host of problems on the other.

Something is definitley going on, if these events can occur to individuals such as ourselves, could it be that a trigger event could create a mass-hallucinatory experience amongst the general populace?
edit on 4-12-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The BIG FLAW in this argument is the reasoning that because someone has had psychic/deja vu experiences AND has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, the former is part of the latter - and the latter may therefore be other than just a medical condition.
Put it another way - I have had premonitions myself including one morning when I puzzled my mother by talking about the local fairground accident where people had died. The accident in fact happened later that day. Now I don't have schizophrenia and I suspect in fact that many non schizophrenics have had such experiences.
I'm not saying there isn't a link but to know one way or the other we would need a proper long term control experiment involving a cross section of the population including those with schizophrenia.
edit on 4-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Schizophrenia or Psychic Ability

My psychology degree is a bit dusty .... but honestly it is impossible to tell you on the internet if your diagnosis is accurate or not on this. You could have both .. or one ... or neither. If you don't agree with the diagnosis from the doctor then you should get a second opinion ... from a doctor ... in person .... with complete medical workups and everything ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join