Schizophrenia or Psychic Ability?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is my first attempt at a thread so go easy. I didn't want to recycle news, so I thought I would take a different approach and talk about a personal event and get everyone's opinion and insight on the issue.

To start things off, I'll give you a little history about myself. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at a young age. I always felt like there was more to it than that though. It started with little things like deja-vu, to knowing who was on the other line when a phone rang and predicting the death of a family member minutes before it happened.
I always just blew it off as a coincidence until I had something happen to me that was terrifying and amazing at the same time. This is the issue I want to discuss. I'll try to explain what happened as best as I can.

I had just driven to my mom's house for a family gathering. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I noticed a dog on the front porch ( My grandma's dog) the dog had a bell on it's neck and was constantly ringing. Once I saw the dog I went into a trance? I'm not sure why, but I went to pick up the dog. When I got about a foot away from the dog it instantly appeared about 15 feet to the left of me in the front yard. Again I went to pick it up and it did it again. Now it was by the gate on the chain-link fence to the backyard. This time when I went to pick it up it instantly was on the other side of the gate. This is when I just walked away. The whole time this was happening the bell was ringing even when he was standing still. As I proceed to walk to the front door I hear a dog barking inside and I snap out of my trance saying to myself "this can't possibly be the dog that was outside" As I open the door there he is standing at my feet. With a bell on his neck. It wasn't ringing this time. I then, (kind of embarrassed to say this) broke down and locked myself in one of the bedrooms.

NOW I'll get to the point and my questions on this event.

1) How, if this was a hallucination, was I able to know that the dog had a bell on it's neck.
2) Has anyone experienced something like this?
3) Why wasn't I able to instantly know something was wrong when the dog transported across the yard?
4) Is there anyone who know's enough about Schizophrenia or Psychic ability to explain what happened?

Thanks for bearing with me, Everyone's opinion is welcome.

PS: If I don't reply soon it's because I'm eating thanksgiving dinner! YUM!
I'll be back though.
edit on 24-11-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I was a psychology major and it is my opinion that there is much more to schizophrenia than is accepted by the psychiatry industry. They would have to change their whole mindset about how the mind and universe work to accept the truth. That said, your story provides very cool evidence towards my view of schizophrenia - that there is more there than meets the eye. It is rare to find stories like this where it very clear where the evidence points, it is like finding an alien corpse in a way.

Have you had any other experiences like this one? What kind of experiences in general do you have? A friend of mine consistently sees beings in different places and things like that.

I know for a fact that psychiatrists don't have any satisfactory explanation for schizophrenia, and that they would probably sabotage anyone trying to find a real answer because it would threaten their very foundation (although I sense it would be easier than going against the grain in other areas of science).

I'm sorry - but I don't know of any more information that can help you at the moment, although I would guess that this experience with the dog had to do with spiritual science that we are no where near understanding yet.

Your experience might motivate me to get my doctorate in spiritual psychology and start researching this stuff. Meanwhile, PM me or let me know what other kinds of experiences you have, maybe we can work together to figure some of this out. It's a area of interest for me. I study psychology and spirituality very heavily and have some ideas about your situation.

edit on 24-11-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I did not know that Spiritual Psychology was an available field of study. Thanks! That sounds like something I will find quite interesting and I am going to research it now.

I agree, I think there is plenty about medical conditions that is not known. I have just gone through the process of having a physical disease diagnosed and as soon as the label was put on the condition, the doctor lost all interest. I am learning a lot more about it from others who have the same condition, much more information than the doctor provided. I am sure it is the same with psychological disorders. I am bipolar and when I get manic, my empathy is very pronounced. Sometimes I think that is the way we are all supposed to be, and it is unnatural when we are not that way, instead of the other way around. It all depends on societal "norms" what is considered to be usual or unusual. So I don't find it so strange that the OP recognized the dog had the bell on. As to why you didn't realize the dog was not outside when it kept appearing across the yard, and mentally "flag" it is something out of the ordinary, it sounds very similar to the dreaming process. I wonder if your mind went into a state similar to dreaming?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

As to why you didn't realize the dog was not outside when it kept appearing across the yard, and mentally "flag" it is something out of the ordinary, it sounds very similar to the dreaming process. I wonder if your mind went into a state similar to dreaming?

You´re right. Perhaps we are all in a sort of dream state, just flagging what we can or cannot "see", and this flags are put by our "mind". So our minds choose what to let us to see or not. How interesting is this. Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sorry it took so long to reply, I just finished eating. Now I'm drunk off of turkey. LOL

Anyway.

Have you had any other experiences like this one? What kind of experiences in general do you have? A friend of mine consistently sees beings in different places and things like that.

I've had many experiences over the years but a few stick out more than others.

1) When I was a child I had "deja-vu" of my mother getting into a car accident and tried to get her to stay home.
While I was at school I heard the news that she did get into a car accident and broke a few vertebrae in her neck.

2) I was sleeping when I heard the phone rang, and as soon as my mother answered the phone I heard a voice in my head say " Your grandfather is dead" as soon a few seconds later my brother broke down in tears and left the house. I found out the next day that he had a heart attack and died.

I've also had dreams about "ghost" or "spirits" or whatever you want to call them, and after waking I would see them. As if they were talking to me in my sleep? Or maybe I was able to sense them in my sleep.

These are just a few that I can remember at the moment. I would be glad to share more with you.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

So I don't find it so strange that the OP recognized the dog had the bell on. As to why you didn't realize the dog was not outside when it kept appearing across the yard, and mentally "flag" it is something out of the ordinary, it sounds very similar to the dreaming process. I wonder if your mind went into a state similar to dreaming?

That's exactly how I felt, like it was a dream. Maybe it was the "dream" state that allowed me to see the dog?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Hi,

I very much believe schizophrenia and psychic ability are connected. I was diagnosed with Psychosis in 1999,was admitted and even with all the voices seeing/feelings things I would not except it as a mental illness.It was spiritual. I was diagnosed with Bipolar after that,then schizo effective which I have now. Ive had so many experiences of hearing/seeing/feeling that I believe 100% Ive done many tarot/psychic readings and many thumbs up.

You have a gift and I'd say just embrace it but my advice dont tell a doctor they will give you zombie pills to stop this wonderful gift.

'Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world' ~ Morphius ~

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've read a few things that correlate Schizophrenia with an overabundance of '___'.

Here's one link:

students.salisbury.edu...

Some people have higher amounts of the compound being released in their body, thus the experiences (like you described). I'm not saying this is a bad thing. People are just different. In a different time or place, your condition would not have been labeled as a mental disorder, but perhaps a gift.

'___' is a fascinating compound. It's released in birth, in death (could explain near death experiences). It's released as we dream. It's a naturally occurring substance found in every living plant/ animal. Some "religions" use '___' during shamanic rituals to reach higher planes of spiritual enlightenment. It's literally considering the most powerful hallucinogenic in the world, leading to a true out of body experience (it's far different then Mushrooms or Lsd).

There are many spiritualist that claim '___' is sort of a key to the door to the unseen, the spirit world. If you decide to further examine this train of thought and want to learn more about the compound '___', I recommend watching a film called the '___': Spirit Molecule.
edit on 24-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

That sounds interesting Squidboy thanx,just downloading that film :

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The way you describe the dog and bell situation, it sounds to me like you had tuned into your parallel selves in different timelines.
I have pulled something from another timeline, and my partner knew it before I could tell him.

This is totally backed up by science so it is not a schizophrenic event (this runs in my family and psychic abilities, I could write a book about all the incidents I've had, not just my family.)

Don't take the drugs, unless you can't cope with the things you can see.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

I've never thought about it that way. Thanks for the input.
Just curious. Have you ever been able to do it at will?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i dream all the time at least 5 or 6 a night always remember them but i always know the dreams that come true are different some how i have dream t how a friends dad died, a mine get washed up on blyth beach near where i live and loads of family related subjects. i have a constant active mind and have excessive amounts of static i also have a ghost that follows me in my dream and get sleep paralysis

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's interesting how us schizophrenics are so adamant that they don't have a condition or that's it's not that big of a deal. It reminds me of a drug addict... Completely ignoring the horrible pitfalls of the condition, or assigning little importance to them. Even more interesting is the relationship between schizophrenia and being high off your mind on '___' for instance. It makes me wonder... Is the brain somehow malfunctioning and producing a chemical, perhaps extremely potent, that resembles an '___' high when locked onto various receptors in the brain? I remember hearing about how '___' is extremely hard to detect in the brain,'could that be the culprit (perhaps even by extended periods of below threshold levels, which would produce a much different high)? Maybe it is an undiscovered neurotransmitter with a similar structure to '___', perhaps a novel neurotransmitter, or out of wack protein(s) screwing up a critical chains of events leading to the biosynthesis of a non neurotransmitter psychedelic drug.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I'm confused to what your point is. Can you explain?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Just wanted to say BE CAREFUL!

I am bipolar and know that your mind can play horrible tricks on you and if you start believe you have psychic ability you might find yourself set up by a demon. I have learned not to trust the things I see/hear.

I have reached a point where I am not phased by the unnatural stuff anymore. I just let it go. You don't even want to know the nightmare I lived through for about 3 months (poltergeist activity and more).

If you have been taking meds for your condition please don't jump off them at the advice of anyone here. You might end up dead or thinking you fought in the War of 1812.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Are you suggesting demons are making me think I'm pyschic?
If so, do you think everyone who has psychic abilities are being tricked?
Please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Demons making you think you are psychic? Possibly, don't know, I'm not inside your head. I just don't want you to dwell on things that happen. Do you hear voices? Don't give them the time of day.

I have a girlfriend who is schizophrenic and prays quite a bit. The voices said they would leave her alone if she quit praying. She asked her psychiatrist if they (voices) could be demons and he reluctantly said "Yes."

I have a guy friend who is a schizophrenic and he doesn't perceive them as demons at all.

Those are about all the opinions I feel comfortable sharing. I felt like my brain went threw a blender. Last Fall, Winter and Spring.

Wish you the best and I will pray for you.
edit on 11/24/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I try not to dwell on things too much, just a few events that I needed a second opinion on.
I know I shouldn't pay attention to the common voices and visions.
I'm more concerned about my hallucinations that turned out to be foresight.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

It's very good to get a second opinion. If you assume what you experienced is valid/real you can really get messed up.

Proceed with much caution in believing in any hallucination. Treat it as such and if it turns out to have been foresight I wouldn't buy into it as that will make you more assured that they have validity and you will begin to believe that your hallucinations are more than hallucinations. That is what I call a set up.

Look at the definition of hallucination and check out the antonyms:

hallucination - defined

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice.
Luckily I'm able to distinguish between whats real and what's not.
I think lol.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join