It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low resolution pictures - Don't believe everything you see!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Excellent post that I fully agree with!

The sad thing is that no matter how many times we can re-hash about the non-sense to use these low-res and blurry pictures, there's no doubts in my mind that it will go on and on for a while...
edit on 26-11-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
You forgot to mention that many of these "anomalies" only turn up on Google! The images on GoogleMoon, GoogleMars, and GoogleSky are stitched together, which causes imperfections in the image.

.......................................................................................................................
DJW001, you are exactly right. I found that out the hard way because Google Mars was all that I knew to look at to begin with. However, as we all do, I have learned a lot about using good original images as much as possible for Mars anomaly research.

However, I would say Google Mars is still a useful and interesting tool to use for just looking around. A great thing about Google Mars is that it does also include "surface access" to the actual Mars Orbiter photographs. To have the links to the NASA MOC photos displayed on the Mars globe surface, you must put a checkmark for "Spacecraft Imagery". The "checkbox" is in the lower part of the menu on the left side of the Google Mars window. You can even choose which MOC camera(s) you want displayed, if not all.

There are other ways to get these photos, outside of Google Mars. But, when searching on Google Mars, and you find something interesting, you can go directly to the higher resolution MOC photos, right there, and get pics of that area for your review and research..

So, I suggest that we do not dismiss Google Mars completely, because it is also an "on-the-spot resource for linking to the NASA higher resolution photos!

edit on 26-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
....but even on the high resolution photos the moon lander still looks like like a rock.
Show it to random people completely unaware of what it is and they quite likely will say ROCK!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is very relevant to the topic and a must see to those who dont understand perspective.

www.uglyhedgehog.com... A 3.4mb gif file that shows exactly how focal lenght affects pictures.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

This is very relevant to the topic and a must see to those who dont understand perspective.

www.uglyhedgehog.com... A 3.4mb gif file that shows exactly how focal lenght affects pictures.

Thank you for sharing this link! Where was it when it was needed on the Jarrah White thread? Ah, well, I've bookmarked it and I'm sure I'll be using it... again... and again... and again....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I went a step further and saved it in case it disappears from that page. It's very informative.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
....but even on the high resolution photos the moon lander still looks like like a rock.
Show it to random people completely unaware of what it is and they quite likely will say ROCK!

They could have been added in digitally:

....Afterall, no other countries have shown us pictures of the landers. Anyone who says otherwise is being dishonest. Only American probes can see the American landers.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No other country has taken photos within 10x the resolution as the LROC could be why there skippy.

So you can make hit and run posts like that for the casual reader to buy into your moon hoax theories when a tiny bit of research just reveals how some try to bend facts in their favor but the funny thing about facts are is they can be researched with corroborating sources. That is how conspiracies get their legs, so the real question is why so much effort is focused to cherry pick free information to paint incomplete or purposely disingenuous pictures of what can be easily found information? Well I can't answer that, that falls under a different field of study.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

No other country has taken photos within 10x the resolution as the LROC could be why there skippy.

So you must also agree that if the Moon missions were hoaxed, the Soviets would have been unable to blow the whistle - as they lacked the images to prove we didn't go.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

So you pick one an anomaly. Draw a picture of what you think it looks like and you think that dedunks any low ress image...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
They don't need photographs of the lunar surface to "blow the whistle;" just some covertly taken "back stage" photos, some stolen documents, a hidden tape recording, etc, etc. You know, all the easily attainable HumInt that no Moon Hoaxer has ever managed to find.

And if they found such things and managed to buy time on one of the networks, we would have called them a bunch of liars and laughed at their failed attempt to subvert our glorious achievement.

Then we would have watched a Cronkite special follow-up report further destroy their pathetic attempts at undermining the triumph of their betters.

Communist Scum. There is no low they won't stoop to.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

So you pick one an anomaly. Draw a picture of what you think it looks like and you think that dedunks any low ress image...

Hello!

No, this is not how I see things.

I pick up one picture presented to be an anomalous one and show that it appears to be anomalous only because of its low resolution rate.
Finding an higher resolution picture of the exact same area just confirm it (and that there's nothing odd), that's all!
You have plenty of such examples everywhere.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

KK soz i was in a grumpy mood when I tapped that..
Kind Regards..Purp)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
However, it doesn't seems to matter, as we regularly sees, here and elsewhere, common things in these high-resolution photos that appears to some people to be extraordinary or artificial things, simply because they don't look at the original hi-resolution picture, but at some low resolution that shade off natural artifacts in landscapes.

Hmmmm I see what your getting at
Would you like to see my collection of Alien spacecraft on Mars? I have a lot of them... too many to put in one post but I can pick a few good ones. And these are absolutely not rocks. I know because I checked

Spaceships on Mars

Now anyone that tries to convince me that these are only rocks is either embracing ignorance or is blind

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
And here is a nice piece of metal from an alien spacecraft in better resolution... you can't miss it... its the gold rock in the upper right

Oh you might have to zoom in here

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lets see they are alien to Mars but not to US

top topics

<< 1   >>

join