It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I really dont know who to blame here. the woman, knowing shes prego and going to a OWS in seattle knowing it could get crazy

OH I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA? ISN'T THIS AMERICA? i'm sorry, cause I thought it was america.

protestors shouldn't have to feel any type of fear whatsoever going to speak their mind at any type of protest.

land of the free? no, land of the brave? certainly not from what i've seen. maybe a few brave, like this lady.

who to blame? howabout police using their authority to instill fear in the general public so they don't speak out against the system that keeps them trapped in their day to day lives with no hope for change.

i could go on forever who to blame, but i want to stop before i get so mad i run outside and punch the first person i see.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Can the government place any restrictions on the use of a public forum? Yes. Depending on the specific public location and the government’s interest in ensuring safety and order, restrictions governing the use of public property for assembly and protest may apply. The following are some locations-specific regulations to consider when planning protest activities. Public sidewalks: Demonstrating groups should leave rooms for passer-by and should not block the flow of pedestrian traffic. If leafleting, demonstrators should not force passerby to accept leaflets or harass individuals who refuse leaflets. Public Streets: Any march on the public street is typically considered a parade; therefore the location, time and duration of the march are subject to regulation by the city officials to prevent traffic problems. Marchers may be expected to obey traffic laws (such as red light) during the march. Lobbies of public buildings: It is more difficult to obtain access to the inside of a public building than it is to obtain access to a street or sidewalk outside. However, if some nongovernment- sponsored expressive activities are permitted in the lobby, then similar activities by others may not be prohibited based on he content of the expression. But if no activities are permitted, then it is unlikely that a rally or demonstration would be allowed inside.

link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

She was already homeless thanks to the system she protested against. The child would have either grown up on streets or taken by child services and abused. I don't think this female had much choice... This was a desperate attempt to get word out so that her unborn child could have a future.

And not everyone realize that they live in a corrupt system where police actually kicks and spray innocent civilians even when they are pregnant.
These pigs know what they are doing.

link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

She was already homeless thanks to the system she protested against. The child would have either grown up on streets or taken by child services and abused. I don't think this female had much choice... This was a desperate attempt to get word out so that her unborn child could have a future.

And not everyone realize that they live in a corrupt system where police actually kicks and spray innocent civilians even when they are pregnant.
These pigs know what they are doing.

oh so now you know why she was homeless?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The American public is educated to become idiots on purpose! * This is an agenda enacted long ago, and proven by the works of educator John Taylor Gatto's book, "The Dumbing Down of America" www.johntaylorgatto.com... AND Charlotte Iserbyt's book, "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" www.deliberatedumbingdown.com... (available FREE online). Both have excellent videos on youtube.

Americans need to WAKE UP to the fact that what is being sold to them as 'news' is, in reality, nothing but propaganda. There is a reason that television shows are called PROGRAMS!!! Think about that.

There's an old warning, "Use it or lose it". This applies to our BRAINS, too! Turn off the TV. PLEASE stop reading dumbed down newspapers. It's greatest purpose is to line the bottom of your parakeet's cage.

Americans are basically kind hearted people. Something has gone so wrong recently! Please see where we are headed...if not for your sake, then the sake of the innocent American children. NO politician is your savior. They live to serve their own interests. Their interests ARE NOT your best interests.

Take a stand for peace, kindness and compassion for all the innocent people on this planet. Don't expect ANYONE to do this for you. If not you, WHO? If not now, WHEN?

Source: www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
don't know if someone else already did say it because no time to read all the posts yet - but I do NOT hear the teapartypottypuppets and the right wing foolish moralists crying for ABORTION now ????
what happens ??

is this not a abortion in their eyes or what ???

come on : be for once a bit logical with yourself and go kill that cop no ? just like you do kill doctors that help women with abortion !

but you are NOT logical with yourself he teapottyschizos ( because full of contradictions in your minds, sure ! )

edit on 22-11-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Must have been some stupid [SNIP]. Why would anyone with a lick of sense... choose to voluntarily put themselves in a dangerous/volatile situation while pregnant???
edit on 22-11-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed unsavoury phrase.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The "police" had no justification to use force. No mayor or other official had justification to tell the "police" to use force. The crowd was not menacing and they were doing as the police told them too. The police said on the sidewalk so they went on the sidewalk they then continued to press the protesters further back, this is the exact same event that the eldery woman got pepper-sprayed at. They were on the sidewalk and beginning to disperse when the cops kept pushing their bicycles into them and then the pepper-spray came out.

What in the hell is wrong with you people saying that it's okay for our police to act this way and commit assault after assault?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

hey shushu, well because she has the right, just like you have, to be where she wants to be and to protest against what she wants to protest !!!
or who are you to tell her what or where she has to be or behave or what else ?? are you a nazi ?

land of the free

crazy people up there with much blabla about freedom etc etc but ideas totally opposite ....

and you like to play the übersturmführer or what ???

edit on 22-11-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

She also has the right to walk in front of a moving car... but pardon me if I grab her by the shirttail and yank her back to safety before she does.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

yes she has that right ok ?? she has all rights just like you with the legal and moral limits !!

you just have to be aware of that and use your brakes and brains to stop your car, that's all you can do but yes she has that right to suicide herself if she wants ok ??

difficult to understand or what ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Pregnant women or Bruce lee you don't assault an unarmed protester for any reason. The cops are trained and in this instance they were given some leash and showed they can act like dogs.
edit on 22-11-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi Will!

It's sad what happened to this woman. However, the issue here isn't really whether she should be able to protest peacefully even if she's pregnant. The issue is how wise was it for her to exercise that right WHILE pregnant knowing that these protests are getting more and more heated and police are getting more aggressive. And actions by police aren't the only things one should worry about because, on top of that, you have to consider what some idiot in the protest crowd might pull that could wind up hurting you as well.

I know it says she was yelling, "I'm pregnant...let me out." However, if the crowd was large and police and protestors were yelling, they may not have heard her.

All I'm saying is that before going out to these protests, people need to remember the risks. There are going to be risks whether it's fair or not. Yes, people should be able to exercise their right to protest peacefully without being beaten up by cops, but we see that these protests are slowly becoming more violent and that's just a sad fact. It's not going to get any less violent. If you're pregnant, it's something to give serious thought to. You cannot control the actions of other people once you're out there.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Its people who cry freedom of speech and freedom to gather who have no idea what the limitations are.And there are limits to both.

Primalred pointed that out and the people who don't actually bother to read these things had a coniption.

But you also think the tea party was about raising taxes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

If she is homeless and at a protest while pregnant, I say Darwin was at work here.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

So does this mean they'll get charged for murder? I think they should get charged for murder.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That's pretty disgusting for you to say. One of the highest values of America is the right to life, and while 50 years of lies have made that value decrease, it remains the most important. Quite frankly, people like you make me hope for a military dictatorship. Maybe the right to life will be remembered when half your neighbors are in an oven.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is horrible news. Justice needs to be served for this poor woman. She lost her child caring about his/her future. I guess standing up for what you believe gets your child murdered now a days? The violent, excessive force used by the officers across the nation at these protests is out of control. Where is the accountability?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join