It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

www.rawstory.com

“I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in,” Fox recalled. “I was screaming, ‘I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.’”

She claimed that police hit her in the stomach twice before pepper spraying her. One officer struck her with his foot and another pushed his bicycle into her. It wasn’t clear if either of those incidents were intentional.

“Right before I turned, both cops lifted their pepper spray and sprayed me. My eyes puffed up and my eyes swelled shut,” Fox said.

Seattle Post-Intelligencer photograp
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/22/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

+75 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am sure there will be people who say she deserved it just for being there... well i just said it so you can spread your hate somewhere else.

this poor woman the evidence and pics show all, police protection at its finest in , strange times when America can support protestors in other countries, and arm terrorist with weapons to overthrow said countries...

when it comes to the homeland the protests are ignored belittled and shut down with extreme prejudice.

sad times we live in when police can get away with this type of assault and murder...

yes murder the thing alot of you have been asking for to make this comparable to the 60's protests, well here it is is it enough for you to realize the fallacy of our American freedom.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/22/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh god... Thats so horrible.

They murdered that baby. Whats wrong with this world.. Seriously?!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SMH as if the OWS folx arent trying to stand for some of the police interest....

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really dont know who to blame here. the woman, knowing shes prego and going to a OWS in seattle knowing it could get crazy, or the cops for stepping out of line and betting up a prego woman. Eather way the cops are wrong on this one anyways.

I hope this laidy can get over the scares she will be carring with her for the rest of her life. This is sad

edit on 22-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That's really sad.

It was a poor decision on her part to participate in something that could easily turn violent.

That does not excuse the violence. It's a sad situation.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I agree she should not have been there prego.... but she did have the right to be there and I will not be the one to deny any person that right ...

she was screaming I am pregnant to the cops so unfortunately I feel the police acted to harsh and way above the law.

pregnant or not this was an unarmed woman.

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Some people in this country are so twisted up. They will support an army to go to war in the name of democracy. They will allow their childrens lives and their own fortunes to be squander across the planet in the name of democracy. While in the home of the free and brave they support all tryranny and espouse all unnecesary violence. They will cheer as though they are at a sporting game and cheer as though their team won as the blood spills all around. What are they? Who are they and how did they become?

+89 more 
link   
She announced she was pregnant and asked to leave before the roundup began. I want badges handed over and cops in jail for murder.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 22-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

I agree she should not have been there prego.... but she did have the right to be there and I will not be the one to deny any person that right ...

she was screaming I am pregnant to the cops so unfortunately I feel the police acted to harsh and way above the law.

yes she has the right to be there but its like sking when your pregnant or going on a rollercoaster when pregnant. You don’t do it. Still the cops are wrong as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I am sure there will be people who say she deserved it just for being there... well i just said it so you can spread your hate somewhere else.

No, she did not deserve this to happen to her, however it's called being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She wins no prizes for her troubles being an idiot and endangering the life of her unborn child. As much as you don't want to hear it, she to put herself and her baby in harms way.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine

No, she did not deserve this to happen to her, however it's called being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She wins no prizes for her troubles being an idiot and endangering the life of her unborn child. As much as you don't want to hear it, she to put herself and her baby in harms way.

how is she being an idiot... are we to expect the cops to bash us for not breaking the law anytime we try to assemble... police abuse of power should not be expected and not something we should have to worry about when we want to voice our opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I know this is not going to go well but what if she wanted this to happen? Kind of like an abortion by betting? Why else would you be there? Its possible.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I almost envy that unborn child for not having to be born into this horrific world.
The police have no morals or humanity left, that's why they are doing what they do. The bad guys always attack the weak and innocent, that's never going to change. We are a nation suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

edit on 22-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

yes she has the right to be there but its like sking when your pregnant or going on a rollercoaster when pregnant. You don’t do it. Still the cops are wrong as well.

I don't know its hard for me to view a protest/police brutality and a roller coaster as having the same known or preconceived danger.

I dont want to expect this form our police who are supposed to be doing the eact opposite.

+61 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I know this is not going to go well but what if she wanted this to happen? Kind of like an abortion by betting? Why else would you be there? Its possible.

Maybe she was there fighting for a better future for her unborn child. Just a thought, and one I can relate to as a father.

edit on 22-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

how is she being an idiot... are we to expect the cops to bash us for not breaking the law anytime we try to assemble... police abuse of power should not be expected and not something we should have to worry about when we want to voice our opinion.

By not putting the life of her unborn child first.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
She had absolutely no business being there with an unborn child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join