It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even more calendars predict End in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Personally, I think we'll still be here in 2013, but according to this interesting article, it wasn't just the Mayans foreseeing the end in December, 2012!

Tom Horn, a Bible-believing Christian and author of "Apollyon Rising 2012," says he never actually had an interest in the Mayan calendar, which comes to a cyclical end on Dec. 21, 2012. But then he became aware of numerous unrelated calendars and prophecies spanning many centuries, all predicting the end of the current human age at next year's winter solstice.

"I started finding that it wasn't just the Maya," Horn told WND, noting prognostications from Jewish mystics, as well as the ancient Chinese, Hindus, Cherokee Indians, and even artwork among famous American symbols that all point to the same time frame.

www.wnd.com...

The article goes on to mention several other converging prophecies, including:

It depicts Spanish explorer Hernando Cortez, the conqueror of Mexico, entering the Aztec temple in 1519. He's welcomed by Emperor Montezuma II, who thought Cortez was a god.

"Montezuma's hand is pointing directly down at the sacred fire, which, in point of fact, goes out ... Dec. 21, 2012, the end of the calendar," Horn noted.

Well if they all say the end is nigh, then maybe the end really IS nigh!

Guess we have another year or so to enjoy all the riots, economy crashes, wars, turbulence, and attacks on Iran.
And Praise (insert favorite God here) for THAT!

And no, this is not a Sorcha Faal article. But I suppose just because it's at WND, the source police are going to scream. That's ok. So scream. Doesn't do any good anyway.

edit on Mon Nov 21st 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Human being needs to worship.

Some times people are learned to be Materialist to be fed by all the superstitions and to be played as tools.

I mean , the ones who made 9/11 are the ones who predict that.

Those fortune-tellers are not prophets.

BTW it is a good tool to fed those people of superstitions.( I don't believe there is a word for this actions in English , it should have vanished long ago)
edit on 21/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My secretary just dropped a new one off this morning and it goes to 2014. I believe it because i can hold it in my hand

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well, this could be just propaganda to see the film. But must admit, the film trailer looks interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well, this could be just propaganda to see the film. But must admit, the film trailer looks interesting.

Huh? I thought the film trailer was a joke, no? It's so hokey and cheesy, and is regurgitating the same 2012 myths, I was almost laughing through it.

We'll see 2013 just like we see Jan. 1st every year, it's the same type of thing, calendar change over that's all. If the world ends in a year, it'll be man made disasters.
edit on 21-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Will fire my boss tomorrow
...Bora Bora, here I gooooooooo

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
He's a wee bit off on the chinese calender..

Have got my 10,000 year calender that goes way beyond 2012.. Guess he doesnt read chinese..

(10,000 year calender is used to determine auspicous dates for weddings, business openings, dates of chinese new year, mid-autumn festival and a number of other things)

link   
Hellow Ron Paul people HRU?

link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Huh? I thought the film trailer was a joke, no? It's so hokey and cheesy, and is regurgitating the same 2012 myths, I was almost laughing through it.

We'll see 2013 just like we see Jan. 1st every year, it's the same type of thing, calendar change over that's all. If the world ends in a year, it'll be man made disasters.

Yeah, but what else could be more interesting than to be alive when the end of the world occurs? You know how many dead religitards wish they could have been alive to say "I told you so?" Billions.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah, but what else could be more interesting than to be alive when the end of the world occurs? You know how many dead religitards wish they could have been alive to say "I told you so?" Billions.

Interesting or crap our pants scarey?
So many Religions and cultures have end of the world myths but hardly any of them coincide together like the 2012 one does, that's why it seems to be so popular. If a space object was our impending doom, we'd be seeing it by now. If time actually existed, we wouldn't need to have invented clocks to measure it.
Space, aliens, the Earth, all don't care if it's a Friday, December, 2012 or 3012, Boxing Day, Thanksgiving, none of that exists except in the minds of men. That's what makes it real, in the abstract.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If the psycho rulers believe this to be true they may engineer it by design. They believe they are god afterall.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I vote for "crap out pants scarey" cause i know thats what i would be doing! I hope your right about there not being anything to this. The more i read on it, the scarier it gets.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oh come on. There is nothing scary about seeing the world's corrupt elite go down in a flaming heap of dog mess! On the contrary, it would be such a great sight!

As the flames engulf us, at least I can revel in the fact that they are being terminated as well. Die.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

And no, this is not a Sorcha Faal article.
It could be tho, considering its complete nonsense
weren't you the guy ranting about people posting this kind of thing yesterday....?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Me? Nah.

I was converted yesterday to being a Sorcha believer. It's all 100% truth. You believe it too.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I think it may be more of a reference to the I Ching and the book of changes more than anything as someone made a 2012 theory based on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why is there such an all or nothing attitude on this? Why believe or disbelieve it based on our preconceived notions? We live in a society that is on information overload. Add to that those who get their kicks intentionally muddying the waters on topics like this, and the majority of us wouldn't know the truth if it introduced itself before slapping us in the face.

The truth is usually buried somewhere between the two extremes. There could be many wrong assumptions being made about 2012. And there could be some that are right as well. Why can't we just take a balanced approach, a wait and see attitude, and weigh new information as it comes in.

As it stands, our own attitudes keep us from any objective approach whatsoever.

Personally, I lean toward the "nothing is going to happen" crowd. But I do try to look at new "evidence" and theory as it comes to light as non-biased as I can.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That video is awesome.

Do you suppose the author is also the star and the voice-over talent too?

I hope that is the last thing I see before the candle is blown out.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

If space object was our impending doom, we'd be seeing it by now.

we cannot forecast when a gigantic Solar Flare or CME will occur...so how are we to be seeing a Cosmic encounter that is predicted to hit Earth on 21 -12-2012...

If time actually existed, we wouldn't need to have invented clocks to measure it.

another incorrect... clocks give us a timeline on the rotation of the Earth (a day) and clocks would still have been invented to give us a extrapolation of when the Sun will rise or set in a continuous string of 24 hr "day" segments

Space, aliens, the Earth, all don't care if it's a Friday, December, 2012 or 3012, Boxing Day, Thanksgiving, none of that exists except in the minds of men. That's what makes it real, in the abstract.

again... the winter solstice is not an Abstract time period... it is the actual shortest arc the Sun travels in our Sky during the whole Year.
it is n Annual phenomenom not a arbitrary abstraction of some imaginative fantasy of Time

2012 is a meme.... the cataclysmic events might not happen until 2013 or even 2020...but in the collective conscious of mankind... the Story will be remembered as the End-Times 2012
and the exact dates become obscured with the prevailing thought of :

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by Expat888

I think it may be more of a reference to the I Ching and the book of changes more than anything as someone made a 2012 theory based on it.

ahh.. lmao should have guessed some ang moh playing around with something they didnt understand.. It takes years of study to understand the I Ching and be able to use it properly..
I cringe every time see western interpretations of things here due to how far off the mark they usually are.. And among the worst have seen are ones regarding the I Ching along with the misconceptions of Feng Shui that westerners have..

Going to be alot of disappointed people in jan 2013 when the world is still here...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join