It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Boot Camp (No this isn't an OWS thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I thought I'd take a break from all the drama with terrorists, OWS (is that redundant?) aliens, chemtrails, and Obama.

This is a thread about ATS's favorite critter, the zombie.

Zombie Boot Camp, a recently inaugurated one-day training course, promises to teach people specialized zombie-fighting skills for only 90$.

Whether you’re one of those crazy folks who believes a zombie apocalypse is imminent, or just a big fan of zombie culture, Zombie Boot Camp sounds like the perfect experience for you. The unusual training course taking place in the UK’s Droitwich, Worchestershire, sees would-be zombie hunters take part in specialized training exercises with experienced military instructors, before putting on special armor and taking on a group of brain-eating zombies to prove they’ve mastered the skills necessary to survive during a zombie crisis.

The above may, just may describe me.

A day at Zombie Boot Camp starts with equipment and weapons training. Zombie-killing trainees have to put on a standard-issue Kevlar body armor, jacket and pants, and pay close attention to a team of veterans, as they demonstrate how to handle a specially-adapted pistol, assault rifle, grenades and chainsaw. Then they’re drilled in how to clear a room of flesh-craving zombies, before…lunch. That’s right, a nice big nutritious meal, to prepare them for the truly scary part of the training course.

Led by their instructor, trainees will split into teams and make use of all the skills they’ve been taught to storm a warehouse and clear it of any walking dead. And there will be some zombies around, you can count on that. To survive the main mission of Zombie Boot Camp, would-be zombie slayers will have to use special ammunition like blood balls and simulated grenades.

Sigh.

Maybe Santa can give this to me for Christmas.

Here's the link, campers.
www.odditycentral.com...

Fun, firearms, and zombies.
The only thing missing is a Jackie Chan film-fest afterwards.

Enjoy.

edit on 21-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

HEh kewl, there was a paint ball company near me that did a "resident evil" style zombie paintball event last year. I didn't make it but i'm hoping they do it again.

It wasn't exactly a boot camp, just standard team based paint ball except the other team is dressed up as zombies.
Think they even did a zombie survival mode.

I'd love to do some breach and clear and squad based tactics training myself, zombie or no, it just pretty kewl.

P.s

you didn't slip this by me at all:

terrorists, OWS (is that redundant?)

Lol just couldn't resist another stab at them huh? Well, at least the bootcamp would train you in the art of the doubletap so you'd know they'd stay down once you put em there
edit on 21-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

P.s

you didn't slip this by me at all:

terrorists, OWS (is that redundant?)

Lol just couldn't resist another stab at them huh? Well, at least the bootcamp would train you in the art of the doubletap so you'd know they'd stay down once you put em there
edit on 21-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Couldnt help myself.

Thanks for being a good sport.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]This would be a great gift for several people I know..

Speaking of zombies... I am so into the walking dead right now. Love it.

Edit: The zombie thing is so big right now. There was even a campus wide game called 'humans vs zombies' at my college. I was afraid they would come after me when I was walking to class. Glad that's over now

edit on 21-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Our pistol range has a half dozen zombie targets now. People buy lots of them, I think for posters. I have to have the white and black. Cant spend all day wearing out the target motor....I got to see and count the hits in real time.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I could just see myself running down a range with a machete

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

a zombie stocking stuffer.

The gift that keeps o. . . . . braaaaains. . . . .

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Best ZOMBIE defence is------------------ CHI/PARNA/CHAKARA/SPIRIT-SOUL ENERGY DISPLACEMENT DRain them of their life force in groups group leaves this dimension..

Practice

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Best ZOMBIE defence is------------------ CHI/PARNA/CHAKARA/SPIRIT-SOUL ENERGY DISPLACEMENT DRain them of their life force in groups group leaves this dimension..

Practice

While yours may be most effective, deer slugs are just too much fun!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The best way to deal with zombies is to herd them all in to a Republican convention.
Of course they may take over due to their superior intellect.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Naaah, they'd starve.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

HEh kewl, there was a paint ball company near me that did a "resident evil" style zombie paintball event last year. I didn't make it but i'm hoping they do it again.

Could be fun as a paintball event, but to truly mimic it, you'd have to have like 10 zombies to every paintballer.
Seems it would be difficult to do.

I suppose also, that only head shots would count for the zombies, whereas all they had to do was touch you to tag you out.

Guess with fast zombies, that could be a bit challenging. In dark buildings though, you could likely make do with less zombies.

Personally, I have one main strategy when facing a zombie... GET AWAY FROM THE ZOMBIE.... These Rambo ideas of cutting off heads, etc. only result in a lot of diseased blood getting spattered, and it only takes one drop (from most mythos) to be infected. Sure, you hacked up 5 zombies, but in a few hours now, you'll be one of them.

No, I'll echo the sound strategy of Monty Python's Knights of Camelot..."Run Away! Run Away!"
edit on 21-11-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Zombie Boot Camp (No this isn't an OWS thread

OMG ... that is so funny! (and so true!)

Zombie stuff is going to be big for Christmas this year at our house.
Got a bunch of cool Zombie stuff for folks ... and a zombie bumper sticker for me.
(the 'o' in zombie is the Obama thingy ... don't know what to call it).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The best way to deal with zombies is to herd them all in to a Republican convention.
Of course they may take over due to their superior intellect.

That was mean after all Republicans do like these

And for the icing on the cake

edit on 21-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join