It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you feel during meditation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some people are claiming that they can feel oneness with everything. Some are saying that they can feel God, some are saying that they can feel love.

What I feel is peace and that everything is well and will continue to be well, and I'm not sure how people are feeling all of these different things...

So what do you feel?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you're meditating properly you should feel nothing but peace in the absence of all other confusing thoughts, To be at total peace all other feelings and thoughts must become irrelevant.
edit on 20/11/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes, that's the way I feel to. Like my soul and everything is really pure Peace, and I'm an observer watching my thoughts and emotions, detached in a place of peace. It feels like peace is a home, and that's great because that home can never be destroyed, I'll always be able to come back to it. It feels good.

I'm wondering about the people that say that they can feel God's love, and angels and all of this stuff during meditation. How do they feel this? I only feel Peace when I do it...

So much, that now I'm starting to believe that God is Peace, our natural state of being is Peace, and our souls is Peace and emotion and thought is what arises from it. This I believe because of meditation which is ironic because meditation was supposed to make me feel close to God and feel his "Love"...

Anyway, I want to hear what other people feel...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I felt numbness and pins and needles in my head after about 10 minutes, mostly in the frontal lobe, not sure if I was doing something wrong and if this is normal, but I don't do it anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace comes in many forms

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Peace is the first step, now you must ask yourself the question "Where is this peace coming from?" The answers will come to you trust me. Trust your inner being and just ask for the answers that keep coming to you.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

This is your chakra opening, and you shouldn't stop because of a feeling.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I usually don't feel anything different than normal, just a little more relaxed and centered. On three occasions I have achieved 'quiet mind', and that felt like absolute 'essence' - like actually being who I really am for a few perfectly still moments. No oneness with god, or anything else - just a genuine experience of the genuine self. It was if all the tracks of mind had shut off, and there was nothing but blissful quiet.

Gives me shivers just thinking about it. I should start meditating again.

-R

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Do you ever think to yourself that i can take this bliss and peace and live with it all the time?
Meditation is a tool that can take you many places and answers lots of questions, but alot of answers you can find by simply looking in yourself

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Yes, calm and quiet are qualities of Peace.

reply to post by Dillon123

The Peace doesn't come from anywhere. I realize that if I'm angry and I meditate the anger goes away and I feel the Peace again. This is why I believe the peace is everywhere but sometimes we block it out with emotion. There is Peace in the tree, the flower, the rock, the waters, the earth, there is peace naturally. I love it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you feel peace everywhere then it comes from somewhere. Being closed minded will get you nowhere

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My sadhana uniquely consists in a detachment toward Prakriti (everything that is perceived) combined with hand mudras. It induces me in a state of extreme well-being.
edit on 20-11-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123
reply to post by arpgme

If you feel peace everywhere then it comes from somewhere. Being closed minded will get you nowhere

Ok, this is what I'm trying to say...

You know how your body is made of cells and they have their own lives moving around and getting reproducing and getting food/energy and all of that?
How aware are you of them in your day to day life? Yet, even when you are unaware they are still there.

That's the way I feel about the peace. Whenever the emotion subsides it's like I can feel the peace that I hid behind my emotions. It feels like the emotion is always there but I hide it when the emotions become too strong.

This is why I said the Peace comes from no where because it feels like it's always there and I'm the one blocking it out and I can feel it from the trees and flowers too. It feels omnipresent (at all places)...

However, I'm open minded to where you think the peace "comes from". So I'd like to hear your opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The profound thing about nature is that it's not, and doesn't try to be. It just is...

Sometimes I think we could learn a lot from plants - even rocks:

They move so little, and yet move so much. The world changes around them, and still, somehow, they change the world.

Reminds me of Lao-Tzu.

-R

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't feel anything. I try not to move.

I use to practice Kwa chung fa. We use to meditate every friday night after class. Had all that monk type music
and such.

Some folks really got spaced out. I use to mostly think about women

edit on 20-11-2011 by RUFFREADY because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace comes from knowing that we are all one, Peace is knowing that you dont have to suffer and that by willing yourself to internal bliss it can happen. If you dont want to undergo suffering or desire then tell your inner being that and you will experience infinite bliss

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
When I meditate, I feel peace. My mind becomes quiet and I become aware at how my thoughts had been weighing me down.

But I also feel something else that no one has mentioned yet. I feel like relativity gets thrown out the window. What I mean is, I feel like I could be as big as my room or as big as my neighborhood and I could simultaneously feel as small as this computer. Size becomes irrelevant, illusory, and fluctuating. When I hear a sound in this state, it's as if the sound could be originating from somewhere miles away.

When my meditation is over, time has flown by. What seemed like minutes was really more like an hour. Also, the feeling of a quiet mind is still with me and this allows me to temporarily perform most efficiently in everything I do. I become very fast moving because the thoughts that usually prevent that are put aside and I'm allowed to focus fully on the task at hand.

edit on 20-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It depends on my state of mind. the feelings and thoughts are just distractions to focus and concentration on the breath or a particular practice in my world. If you don't feel orgasmic bliss and warmth running through your chakras, don't be concerned. That's not exactly the point of meditation.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
I felt numbness and pins and needles in my head after about 10 minutes, mostly in the frontal lobe, not sure if I was doing something wrong and if this is normal, but I don't do it anymore.

The frontal lobe is probably the third eye. Depends on if you want to be normal like everybody else or harmonious
. As always it is you choise. Should tell you that when it goes to the nose and it pitching then it gets really annoying
. Namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123
Do you ever think to yourself that i can take this bliss and peace and live with it all the time?
Meditation is a tool that can take you many places and answers lots of questions, but alot of answers you can find by simply looking in yourself

Only is I go away someplace and live like a monk. When I work the bliss and harmonious always go away. But driving to and from work everyday is a very mediative state for me. Singing also makes the bliss and harmony appear. Namaste.
edit on 20-11-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

top topics

<<   2 >>

join