It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you feel during meditation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Yet it is possible to obtain a state of being where anything you do everywhere you go you have a feeling of peace and bliss, you do not have to live like a monk for this. Many monks will tell you that them living a simple commune life has not gotten them anywhere near Buddhahood or nirvana. i am telling you from a first hand perspective that this is possible you just need to look in the right place.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Once I felt the back of my wife's hand connecting with the side of my head for passing gas too loudly, and scaring the daylights out of her as she was meditating.
Seriously though, I wish I could relax and get into this meditation thing that I've often heard is good for the body as well as the mind. I've tried lying down and relaxing with and without soft music playing, and nothing works. I just can't clear my head of thoughts of any kind, good or bad. If you have any suggestions I sure would appreciate one or two. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Try taking a bath, just run the water,lay back and close your eyes. the sound of the running water calms your mind and body. Clear your head of all thoughts, but think about how you want to be peaceful. "reach" for the peace and it shall come to you.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I can only tell you about my experiance and It might not help you at all. I was very depressed and had a spiritual awakeening. After that I was happier but my mind was still not healhty. When I had happy thoughts I could feel something moving on my head and sometimes the top of my head feelt heavy. The heavyness is like feeling is like you are out in the sun and are feeling it's rays on your head but stronger and with no heat. The heavyness contiued and i have it more or less always now. It makes me feel harmonius and nicer. My definition of meditation is being in the moment. This is for me being in a car to and from work and layin in my bed listening to chakra videos. I use this www.youtube.com... and 6 others but it might not be right for you. If it is uncomfertable the stop directly. For me the chi/mana/energy is like you have a better sense of touch and you can feel more. It's like every cell in your body is happy. I think of the moving on my head like an angels touching me but I can not be sure. I am a person that is always questioning everything and my thoughts (constantly trying to evolve). We are all different and my way of feeling this might not be the way you are meant to feel this or evolve. If any of my fellow soulbrothers/soulsisters want me to remove this post because you think it will hinder someones evolution then tell me and I will remove it. Namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I started meditating when I took Shaolin qigong courses. From there I just went into a completely free form meditation with no requisite music or quietness or position or other props. I started meditating whenever and wherever. When you can effectively bring yourself to a place of silence, external factors vanish. Learn to clear your mind first. After that, it's all the same, or so has been my experience.

Clearing your mind is a matter of discipline. You must persistently ask the thoughts, when they come flooding in to leave. Catch the silent spells and move in that direction. When the noise starts creeping back in, you again ask it to leave and find the silence. Eventually the silence is what you have. When the silence brings physical sensations with it, you will have gone far. When you live in that meditative state, meaning that your mind is always and immediately at peace, you will see. I can't tell you what you'll see, but you will.

I know there are people who say that you mustn't meditate too much and other such rubbish, but it's not true. There is no such thing as too much. Meditation, like so many things, is greatly misunderstood. Even by its finest practitioners. That comes with too much dogma. Even Buddhists are subject to such vanity.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
Once I felt the back of my wife's hand connecting with the side of my head for passing gas too loudly, and scaring the daylights out of her as she was meditating.
Seriously though, I wish I could relax and get into this meditation thing that I've often heard is good for the body as well as the mind. I've tried lying down and relaxing with and without soft music playing, and nothing works. I just can't clear my head of thoughts of any kind, good or bad. If you have any suggestions I sure would appreciate one or two. Thanks!

You seem to have one of those speeding brains just like me
. Just sitting without thought don't work for me either. I used yoga to get the relaxation and different meditive sound in my headphones. In one way playing computer games can be a way to focus you mind and not let thoughts wander. Nothing we ever do is meningless. We are changing and are not exactly the same as the moment before. Maybe you are just caught up in everything that happens in you life. I hope you find something that works for you and that some of our other responders have more ideas
. Namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My heartfelt thanks to all for the advice! I found all the replies interesting, and I'll definately be giving the different methods a try.
At one time whenever I was uptight about something, I would climb on my bike and head out for a ride somewhere. The destination never seemed to be nearly as important as the ride getting there. Most times there never was a planned destination, and I would just ride. I had been riding motorcycles steady since getting my first at the age of fifteen, and by the age of fifty six had logged a lot of miles before having to sell the bike four years ago (expenses), when our son was killed at the age of twenty two. I know this must sound hard to believe, but even though I severely injured my back and was forced to retire on a disability pension in year 2000, after a little bit of custom work I was still able to ride my bike quite comfortably, even more so then when driving my wife's car. I'm sure that those of you who ride bikes will agree with me that it is one of the best therapies for depression, and an hour of riding does more for the mind than an hour of sitting talking to some psychiatrist (most times).
There is so much more to this, but I don't want to bore you any more. I only wanted to let all who gave me the advice, my reasons for seeking out ways to meditate and not be so uptight all the time. Again, I thank you all!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Whether it be riding a machine or sitting for hours on end, what ever makes you happy is the best for you. I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate things that have happened to you and wish you well.

Peace and love to you and your family

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillon123

Many thanks Dillon! That's the way life goes sometimes, and when it comes time for me to cross over, I'll learn the reasons for all that's happened in this one. I'm sure I've lived better lives, just as I'm sure I've lived worse than this, the important thing being that they were all learning experiences! Who knows....maybe I'll stay on the other side and hopefully work with and help souls who have crossed over for the first time. Many (especially in sudden deaths) have a hard time dealing with the fact they have crossed over, and have to go through a period of adjustment. This is why it's good to have departed relatives and friends greet them when they arrive. On the other hand, maybe there will be no more need for me to return here at all, since the way things are going on Earth we could very well be on the "home stretch", and ready to find our own eternal place in the cosmos. Blessings!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
For me, meditation is a quieting of the mind, so I can rest and reflect. I don't think it is a vehicle to a higher state for myself, although it certainly assists and I could not live without the few minutes daily.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
to reconnect

be still and know

a state of grace

to be with out reflection

to disappear into the infinite moment

breath in breath out

a beautiful moment of being

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

That is beautiful! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No, nothing of the sort. There are psychic rememberings of God from time to time, but you cannot know God, so I am one to not talk about a subject which is illusionally indescribable. I am realistic, smart, aware, and do understand what we are talking about. The only reason why I don't post more in this forum is because I am usualy overwhelmed with a ton of fear when thinking about philosphy, when I start writing I am shaken and thrown into an anxiety attack.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Its hard to explain, however, when things are quiet, I simply "know" although the "personality" layer envelops my mind during normal day-to-day activities, there is always that "quiet center" in my mind and my being.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
When I meditate I feel
completely weightless, and.
my general feeling of everything .
is nothing but complete infinite Bliss.
Almost as if im sorounded by Energy.
Some people experience different events
depending on method and if anything else is used.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just thought of something... Maybe we are feeling love? Probably we are feeling God/Love and because of that we experience "Peace", maybe this is what is bringing peace during meditation...

Maybe I've been over-analyzing words to much, like "peace" and "love". I realize that "peace" and "love" can be very similar, love doesn't have to be ecstatic it can be calm and soothing and I didn't realize that at the time, maybe that's why I always used the word peace...

At any rate, Love is acceptance like Peace, but there is something that Love has that Peace doesn't, and that is Appreciation. With Love you accept things as are, and you appreciate things as are... It is the deepest love. It is being in love just for the fact that something exists, it is unconditional.

I hope I'm not going in circles... I hope I really realized something now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join