It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13 Countries That Own the World’s Gold.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I came across with this article briefing about the 13 countries that own the biggest gold reserves:

13) Venezuela holds 365.8 tonnes.
12) Portugal holds 382.5 tonnes.11) Taiwan holds 423.6 tonnes.
11) Taiwan holds 423.6 tonnes.
10) India holds 557.7 tonnes.
9) The Netherlands holds 612.5 tonnes.
8 ) Japan holds 765.2 tonnes.
7) Russia holds 851.5 tonnes.
6) Switzerland holds 1,040.1 tonnes.
5) China holds 1,054.1 tonnes.
4) France holds 2,435.4 tonnes.
3) Italy holds 2,451.8 tonnes.
2) Germany holds 3,401.8 tonnes.
1) United States holds 8,133.5 tonnes.

247wallst.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
and your point is.....?

please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How is Germany able to have so much gold AFTER WWII?

Why didn't we take that for reconstruction and damages?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
According to recent speculation the the US is broke and has no gold at Fort Knox, thats why Ron Paul want a audit of the gold, but they have declined all access since 1974 so if there is no gold they aint tellin

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We might hold the most gold but do we own it?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Hi 1Annunaki

I think you forgot all that stolen Libyan gold - 427.5 Tonnes of pure gold that we 'know of' - which should place their position of Libyan gold-holdings around number 11 -

If Ghadaffi spirited any of it out of the country etc. we would naturally not really know how much Libyan gold actually exists - and what representatives from the Bank of England and Goldman Sachs are doing in Libya since June 2011 with all that Libyan gold is anyone's guess - !!

Also don't forget there are several hundred 'gold mines' in the High Sierras of Northern California (and also many mines northern Nevada - many of which are over 'underground streams' which act as natural sluices - some nearly a mile underground, unfortunately !!) which have been deliberately closed or blocked off with warning signs by the federal government after 1913 (when the Federal Reserve was created)

These government-closed / forcably-abandoned gold mines in northern CA and NV are said to contain at least 10,000 tonnes of gold in one form or another still in the ground...but if they were to be mined/escavated and the gold extracted were ever to circulate/ be sold on the open market, it would (naturally) devalue the Price of Gold substantially - which is probably the main reason why these mines were closed back beginning in 1913 - the world spot price of precious metals seems to be deliberately manipulated for nearly a century, if not longer.

Also it is siad that at least 1,000 tonnes of placer-gold (gold nuggets and flakes on the surface and in streams) ACTUALLY STILL up for grabs near the surface of the ground in places in the Sierras like Nevada and El Dorado County, California...especially the day following a good sudden rainfall causes gold flakes and nuggets to fill the streams...

It has been estimated that only 5% of all the gold in California was ever taken out of the ground - and that should tell you somthing !!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think the purpose is to show that if the shtf, the ones with the gold will be better off. But honestly we don't really know where all the gold is until we see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.spacewar.com...

The above offers plenty of info and simply saw (Oct 2011) China as becoming the new world Bank......

Hope it is useful,

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was very supprised to not see Australia on the list

We have gold mines all over the country, infact gold mines
play a big part in our heritage.

Australia is one of the largest gold producing countries, 300 tonne a year.
Where is it all going?
We only have 80 tonne in our reserve.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Huh? If TSHTF then gold wont be very useful. You can't use it as food or to keep you warm or for defence. It just looks nice. If things go really bad things that look pretty will be pretty much useless

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Huh? If TSHTF then gold wont be very useful. You can't use it as food or to keep you warm or for defence. It just looks nice. If things go really bad things that look pretty will be pretty much useless

Gold is one of the few things in the world that has never been worth nothing and has true value. After every great catastrophe there is a rebuilding process. I’d sure like to be sitting on a bunch of gold when the rebuilding starts. Whoever holds the most at that time will rebuild the fastest and have the most wealth.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Who cares? I've a got a goldmine right here *points to head*

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

you're assuming the US Government actually OWNS/Controls that gold anymore

what about the Federal Reserve? did the USG hand over loads of GOLD to the FED over the years? the fed is private...so if you are assuming the FED's gold is all of OURS...you are dead wrong

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
I was very supprised to not see Australia on the list

We have gold mines all over the country, infact gold mines
play a big part in our heritage.

Australia is one of the largest gold producing countries, 300 tonne a year.
Where is it all going?
We only have 80 tonne in our reserve.

Umm because our corrupt Government allows foreign companies to mine it and then we don't even tax them much..

You have to wonder who's getting all the paper bags full of cash out of this robbery..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Debt crisis solved!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Well I hope the price of Uranium goes up then

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Well I hope the price of Uranium goes up then

Why? We wont see any profit from it..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sales of urianium have been sluggish since fukashima (sorry if spelling is bad)
mining is a limited paypacket, and will run out. it's a poor fuel, and heavily subsidised
by governments so they can produce nuclear weapons.
not all that proffitable either.

top topics

join