It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something weird...................!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I live in the north of england, and about half an hour ago all my light bulbs started making a hissing a sound then randomly all popped at the same time i went to pick my i phone up to reply to a txt i had just received to find that my phone wa just blank i have tried switching it back on and charging it back up but its dead

just find it a lil weird that it went at same time as my upstairs bulbs........................STRANGE

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Power Surge maybe? Is it an Old house you live in?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What kind of wiring does your place have? Do you have a new fuse box with an rcd? When was your place rewired.

It could be aliens or the government trying to control you or it could be dodgy wiring. You decide.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
its not the bulbs that are bothering me its the fact that my phone is now broke its never had any problems and a minute before the lights popped it was working just fine

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh really? Then how are you posting this?

If you are implying some kind of EMP I call bull

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeceIkyle

To piggyback on that, when the hiss came through did you hear any garbled sumerian language?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

im on my laptop and im not saying its anything i found it strange thats all lights popped and my phone is now dead its apparently still ringing as i got my friend to ring it but no noise nothing out of it

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It will ring at the exchange, unplug your phone and it still rings to the caller.

None of this is magic you know.

edit on 19-11-2011 by ReeceIkyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeceIkyle

how can i un plug an I PHONE its my mobile........................

my mobile I PHONE which is now dead but still ringing and a minute before the bulbs went it was working totally fine it was fully charged too

has me baffled this does

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
what was the weather like outside? maybe it could of been some sort of static or ball lightning? dunno jus a couple of guesses

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by z1ppo45

the weather is just fine a normal night no rain or anything a lil bit misty tho, well looks like il be needing a new phone

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's a weird one. Got any neighbours you can talk to? Maybe they had something similar happen. How many bulbs have you lost?

I've heard of mobile phones popping popcorn (dunno if that's true) but I never heard of them popping light bulbs. That's got to be "aliens" or a power surge.
edit on 19-11-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
you said when your friend trys to ring it he hears it ringing? if the phone was broken would it not go onto the answer phone?? or say number not available?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
check your neighbours

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Id also take the phone to a repair shop and see if they can find any faults?
only other thing i can think of is u havent payed your bills and now youve been cut off!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
its not the bulbs that are bothering me its the fact that my phone is now broke its never had any problems and a minute before the lights popped it was working just fine

I agree, weird, because an energy surge (mentioned above) should not effect your cell phone, unless you happened to be charging it at the time?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Power Surge maybe? Is it an Old house you live in?

Why would a power surge affect the cell phone? I live in a 100 year old house. We've had lots of burned out bulbs because the old wiring makes the lights flicker a lot. Every off and on takes away from the life of the bulb. But never have all the bulbs blown at once. That's strange.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Oh really? Then how are you posting this?

If you are implying some kind of EMP I call bull

Yes, did your electricity go south, or just the bulbs themselves? Try a new bulb in one of the sockets and see if it lives.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We had an problem last year, was strange as it only affected certain houses and not really what you would consider in a logical way. Anyway the sub station had problems and we had been switched on to some sort of emergency power. Lights lower, microwave wouldn't work then it all went off but only certain houses.

Sounds like it's just an electricity problem, either locally (your wiring) or with the system As mentioned, did you have your iphone plugged in to a charger?

edit on 19-11-2011 by ReeceIkyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

just the bulbs and the iphone all rest of electricity kept working fine and i dont have a problem with the bill and they wouldnt even be able to completely shut ya phone down like that either

its weird my friend says its defo ringing but its complete dead here and non of the bulbs are working, and to an early question the house is not old about 60 yrs never had no problem at all like this

its defo connected somehow to the bulbs popping as like i said it was working perfectly fine literally a minute before

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join