It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child support a fraud!??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey guys , i would like to post somethings about child support i find interesting. Just to note , this is why i refuse to get married and have sexual relations with a woman. She will utterly destroy your life. (No im not gay). Just wanted to hear what you guys think , i know this horse has been beaten to death , but my uncle is paying child support and he would be on the street if it wasnt for my mother. The court refuses to lower his payments , and he has no standard of leaving because he is -250 dollars a month due to child support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has this below created a massive fraud of our Child Support system???

Myth: Women's standards of living drop precipitously after divorce, while men's rise enormously.

Truth: The source of this myth is a book entitled The Divorce Revolution: The Unexpected Social and Economic Consequences for Women and Children in America, written by Lenore Weitzman, PhD, in 1985. This work has been thoroughly discredited - not only were there simple mathematical errors in her calculations but her methodology was fatally flawed. Yet it took her eleven years to publicly admit to these mistakes - an event that finally occurred in 1996 in American Sociological Review. The problem with this is that a huge number of states - virtually all - have upwardly revised their child support guidelines by using and citing this work - a work which was and is an admitted fraud! I say fraud because there is documented proof that she was made aware of the problems with this study fully seven years before she admitted to the errors, taking them from the realm of "mistake" into "deliberate deception". Where is the compensation - the refund - for all the fathers who have been massively overbilled - in some cases by more than twice what they should have been assessed - in child support as a direct consequence of this fraudulent "study", and when will these laws and "guidelines" be overturned now that the truth is known? The silence from feminists on this point - faced with irrefutable proof of the flaws in this work - the very people who pushed for these guideline increases - has been deafening.

Indeed, even today we see people cite this book as "proof" that child support awards are too infrequently collected and too small to begin with. Not one major media outlet has paraded the truth about this "study" - that is was and is patently incorrect both in its methodology and simple command of mathematics.

------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Men are the ones who initiate most divorces and want to leave the marriage - usually because of an extramarital involvement.
Truth: Women initiate between 65% and 80% of all divorces over the objections of their husbands. Further, among causes for divorce an affair ranks sixth and any sort of abuse - whether alcohol, violence, or drug-related - doesn't show up until the eleventh cause. When a wife divorces her husband for reasons such as a "gradual growing apart" or "serious differences in lifestyle" (the top two reasons!) and takes the kids with her, her ex-husband truly has been disenfranchised - and left powerless.

------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Children are most often physically and sexually abused by their fathers.
Truth:

Children are most likely to be physically abused by their mothers, and are more than twice as likely to be killed by their mothers than their biological fathers. They are most likely to be abused sexually by their stepfathers or mother's boyfriends - men who were invited into their home by their mothers! We could eliminate the majority of sexual abuse of children by refusing to allow a child to reside in his mother's home if she has a live-in lover or remarries. (Source: US Department of Health and Human Services)

However, unlike many "pressure groups" we do not advocate separating kids from their biological parents under any circumstance unless it can be proven that they are in actual danger of harm.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Men make up the bulk of domestic abusers and thus all allegations of domestic violence against them are credible.
Truth:

WOMEN are in fact the majority of domestic abusers. The percentage is not very different - 55 to 45% according to the most credible and recent studies in both the US and Australia - but it is a fact. Further, controlling for the severity of violence (ie: hit with hand, used weapon, threw object, etc) women still out-abuse men by a small percentage. Yet virtually all domestic violence "programs" and laws suggest - if not outright state - that women simply don't perpetrate any domestic violence.

The "dirty little secret" in all of this is that the highest incidence of domestic violence is among lesbian couples. By definition there isn't a man in those households. If men were in fact the perpetrators of most domestic violence we would expect to see virtually no violence in lesbian households. Rather, on a percentage-of-household basis, they account for the largest percentage of such incidents among all household compositions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Child Support is for the children and has to be spent on their health, well-being and care.
Truth:

Not one state in the US requires recipients of child support to actually prove that the amounts received are 1) necessary to meet the children's needs or 2) are actually spent in the children. A number of states, in fact, actually document in their laws that part of the purpose of child support is to protect the standard of living of the custodial parent - almost always the mother - which would have existed had the divorce not taken place. If child support were actually for the children then a payer would be able to demand documentation that 1) the amount paid was actually necessary for the children's needs, and 2) was actually spent exclusively on the children.

In fact, one may reasonably wonder just what "child support" is really for, especially in the case where parents have joint physical custody. In most states, including Illinois, the presence of Joint Custody has very little, if any, impact on the award of child support - even though such practices appear to fly in the face of the statutes as written in many of these situations.

When i read all of these , it really bugged the hell out of me.

(Did i put this in the right forum ...?)
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting factoids that make me rage inside.

Having been a "victim" of the family court system in CA , I can tell you the best thing you can do is get a good lawyer. Spare no expense.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
judging by your sig Milky, i'll bet u have heard a lot of horror stories from other guys..

i live near pendleton and theres a whole economy supported by divorced marine wives..
its a career for some.

how is getting married like being in a hurricane ?

they both start with a lot of sucking and blowing and then by the time its over you loose all of your stuff

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I guess that's as good a reason as any, for a lifetime of celibacy....

although I think you're going to miss out on "what could have been"

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You want parental rights, then take parental responsibilities. When the child spends 3/4 of the time with the other parent, your main responsibility comes in with contributing financially.

On the other hand, I do think that people who don't want to pay child support should have the right to waive parental rights. And I definitely do *not* think that automatic custody should go to the mother, especially in the cases of older boys.

And as for not paying, it's called garnishing a paycheck. Stop putting people in jail over non-payment; it does absolutely nothing to help the child and costs taxpayers a lot of money.
edit on 18-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
honestly the best advice i can give you is to go get the old "snip"

problem solved

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Reading that I would say they are trying to destroy the family, If its joint custody it should be just that.
In britain under the conservatives they are puttting a charge on child maintanace so they get a cut of that too, profiting of others misery, its only getting worse by the looks of things.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wow space ... i did not think about that. Good god man!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Just to note , this is why i refuse to get married and have sexual relations with a woman.
reply to post by milkyway12

good on ya ! your step into taking responsible action will kill more than one fly. even if you will find variations to staying street-wise.

I always wonder how few people get the meaning of marriage. especially when they marry a second time round. bless them for the joy in their heart, but illusions are not the base of happiness.

and about the abusers !? I won’t even start !

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And furthermore, if people don't pay which is mostly men they get put in jail for not paying.

I just wrote a thread about how people are worth more, in Jail, than free. The reason I wrote the thread had to do with fathers that couldn't make CS payments.

Just another scam in our corrupt system.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Quote: The term "prostitution" generally means the commission by a person of any natural or unnatural sexual act, deviate sexual intercourse, or sexual contact for monetary consideration or other thing of value. definitions.uslegal.com... A woman must have performed a sex a act to get pregnant. This results in her being paid for 18 years. Sounds like prostitution to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If there are 2 parents that are both reasonable and they handle things out of court, then YES!
However, we know this usually gets screwed by one or both of the ex's as they allow their ego override reality.
You hurt me so now I'll make you pay...
Then the system allows for some great fraud.
Money is pulled out of checks on the first and issued later on in the month... here in Sacramento county, they have a 72 hour window to cut a check.
I know that they have missed the 72 hour mark by weeks.
That's alot of interest.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This thread will devolve into a misogyny thread in ...

GO!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

I mean honestly , i wouldn't mind child support if it was for my baby. Why would i want to pay that (b****) i just divorced? I'm getting mad and i havnt even done anything

I'm old fashioned , i would not divorce my wife unless she cheated on me. It would be the only reason.

Found another one

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myth: Deadbeat Dads are common - most men don't pay their child support.
Truth: Somewhere between 80 and 100% of men who are employed pay all their ordered child support, depending on who you ask. Even mothers (who are clearly biased against honest reporting in this area) report that 80% of fathers who are employed pay all that they owe. One must ask, of course, how you can expect a man who doesn't have an income to pay child support.

The huge majority of men who do not pay their child support are either (1) unemployed, (2) in prison, or (3) dead - literally. It is impossible, of course, to collect child support from any of these men, as they are unable to pay. Florida discovered this when they spend more than $4 million and collected a paltry couple of hundred thousand - proof positive that you can't enforce payment in the event that the obligor simply doesn't have the money - or isn't even breathing.

This myth that "deadbeat dads are common" is the fruit of often-cited Census data on child support compliance - data that is fatally flawed. The Census Bureau asked only custodial parents if they were paid in full and on time, and never cross-checked any of their information - nor did they ask the non-custodial parent! Needless to say, asking the recipient alone is akin to asking the fox to guard the henhouse. (Source: US Census Bureau)

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
This thread will devolve into a misogyny thread in ...

GO!

oh... miss Ogyny ... i think i know her

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Off topic: Your avy never fails to make me laff!

On topic: There is nothing to fear about family court if you are on the up and up, and have the proper representation for yourself. The thing that gets me is how much time and effort can be wasted if the other party decides they want to get at you, and there is no recourse.

I do not hate women at all. However, now I reaize that marriage is simply a financial contract that I NEVER want to be involved in again!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I am trying to understand your orignial post better, milkyway12.

Are you saying all of these myths were advanced by this Dr. Weitzman?

If not, did you create and/or where did you find them?

edit on 18-11-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

No. Im stating that most of state Child Support laws were altered according to her "Research" which she admitted was a fraud.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

You know, I must be leaching off of your brain at the moment as I was just thinking that the avatar rocks.
I want two of em!!
Also that marriage is a legal venture into the spiritual realm.
That just seems unnatural.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I encourage readers to learn about the progressive organization in the U.S. that is:

a) working to educate about the biases in family justice when it comes to child custody awards AND
b) promote "Shared Parenting" as the starting point in the event of a marital breakdown (as opposed to joint custody with a primary parent who gets 60% or more of the child's time, which is the range at which 100% child support becomes payable by the 40% parent - i.e. the dad.)

This organization is called, "American Coalition for Fathers and Children" www.acfc.org

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join