It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creepin me out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
okay well i read about the amygalis ( sp?) in your brain and you trigger it and you can improve your psychic abilities or creativity or whatever greatly. so of course i tried it and ever since ive been hearing very faint voices in my head. its nothing i can make out but i would like some info. i hope im not going crazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What's amygalis, i have never heard from it before.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes, what is Amygalis? I havent even heard of such a thing before. If its some sort of drug, I would have suggested to stay away from it, as alot of Psychotic drugs can make people go insane.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What is this thing in your brain you triggered bubbleboy? And how did you trigger it?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think you might be referring to the amygdala. Its a smaller almond shaped portion of the brain that handles the autonomic and endocrine systems and is involved in emotions. It helps us to indentify flight or fight situations and to react with different emotions, fear, anger, avoidance and helps trigger the release of adrenaline into the bloodstream.

I've read stories of people who claim to have gained the ability to astral travel and have lucid dreams by learning to "control" their amygdala. Which I can find somewhat believeable given the increase of blood flow to the amygdala during REM sleep. If one could control their amygdala and control their flight or fight response, I could envision being able to have greater control over one's dreams but like a lot of other paranormal subjects there's not much science to back it up, yet.

Not sure what's going on in your case exactly, you may have just triggered a release of flight or fight hormones that makes you more sensitive to your environment. In effect, boosting your hearing or making you sensitive to normal background noise.

If you keep hearing them for more than a few days and affect your sleep or ability to get things accomplished, I'd suggest seeing your doctor.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubble boy
okay well i read about the amygalis ( sp?) in your brain and you trigger it and you can improve your psychic abilities or creativity or whatever greatly. so of course i tried it and ever since ive been hearing very faint voices in my head. its nothing i can make out but i would like some info. i hope im not going crazy.

that voice is called your subconscious. everyone sort of hears it but in your case your actually hearing it. listen to it and focus on it if u can. if u get the feeling of something postive or joyful or exciting then thats good. thats how it should be. if not, if its the opposite then you need to do somethings to make that switch over.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

that voice is called your subconscious. everyone sort of hears it but in your case your actually hearing it. listen to it and focus on it if u can. if u get the feeling of something postive or joyful or exciting then thats good. thats how it should be. if not, if its the opposite then you need to do somethings to make that switch over.
oh that would be so awesome if you could hear that like actually talking to you.

top topics

join