It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore’s $2M Hypocrite House: Film Director Lives Like The 1% He Condemns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Michael Moore is a big, fat, greasy POS liar. Half of the information in his films is incorrect, and the other half is exaggerated. He's EXACTLY what he rails against, thereby making him a what?

Hippo-crit!

OOHHH!!! I didn't know he had a house on Torch Lake. That is SO within driving distance. I sense a TTIV special presentation in the making.

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!
edit on 11/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Get that camera rolling!

I'm gonna look forward to it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I didn't claim he's my hero.

I just try to see things objectively. I responded without watching, so I guess I fail.

Anyway, keep hatin'. Eventually Jesus will come take all his haters up to Heaven. Good riddance!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Then you know that the whole Cuba part was at the very end of the film and only half serious. The body of the film focused on healthcare in the UK and France.

Do you sincerely believe we have better healthcare here than in the UK, France, and Canada?

edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have personally ripped on Michael Moore for some of the things in his documentaries, he tends to leave things open so people will plug in and make connections that he wants.

That said, the majority of what he is saying and the actual message are true and positive.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sleight of hand?

I'm not claiming by any means that he portrays the 100% truth. Neither does the Bible. Neither does Fox. Neither do you and neither do I.

Everyone presents their story leaving parts out and exaggerating to get their point across. Welcome to the real world. The idea is, to get to the truth, you need to accept and entertain everything equally, then sort through the rubbish to get to the truth.

I'm saying the truth lies somewhere in the middle of Michael Moore and this thread's claims that he is the 1%. Honestly it's probably much closer to MM's representation.

Anyway, and not to offend.. But you can't argue with old dudes with hate in their hearts - especially when you're not arguing in person. You will get nowhere.

Peace.
edit on 16-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dude there is nothing wrong with being rich. The problem is that The "Rich" can make more money through investing (capitol gains) (basically doing nothing) than a person working the rear end off 8-12 hours a day.

Companies that don't need investors let people buy and sell their stock and pull off company profits rather than companies rewarding their hard workers or hiring additional workers with those profits. Heck I do it to some extent but dont have enough to invest to get rich doing it. Companies pay off investors rather than keeping people employed through lulls in demand.

The Stock Market itself is the root cause of the disparity in wealth in the capitalist world.

Most companies really don't need people to own their stock.

Not making films and making money when people decide to pay you to see your film.

If you don't have millions to invest and you vote Republican you are a sheeple. They got the wool pulled over your eyes.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hippo crite!!!

Yeah the multi millionaire moore hasn't made a dime off me he just preys on those who are product's of the educational system of America which he just loves so much that he makes his living on counting on peoples well stupidity.

Oldcorp You go man!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Michael Moore is a big, fat, greasy POS liar. Half of the information in his films is incorrect, and the other half is exaggerated. He's EXACTLY what he rails against, thereby making him a what?

Hippo-crit!

OOHHH!!! I didn't know he had a house on Torch Lake. That is SO within driving distance. I sense a TTIV special presentation in the making.

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!
edit on 11/16/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Regardless of whether his information is right or wrong, he is not the 1%

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yet we dint see the middle to lower classes that struggle to get by with those huge taxes...

It doesn't work like that in countries that have free healthcare (AKA The Civilised World) because those on low pages, pay less tax.

The more you earn the more tax you pay... simple.

Inflation is what's screwing everyone right now.... things are going up, everything is... but wages are not.

ETA: some of the figures I've seen quoted on the cost of insurance (health care) in the states make most of Europe's taxes seem like a pittance...

edit on 16/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Your reply has in a few quick sentences done a hell of a lot better job in giving a feasible explaining than did his whole entire movie.

That's my point.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
$2 million ?

one of my customers in greenwich has her place on the market for $45 million

he is not the 1%

trust me

There is NO mention of Moore being in the 1% within the OP.

Maybe this was taken out of context?

Moore, and the Occupy movement, happily lump all wealthy people into one big pot and condemn them for the mere fact of having money. Being among the 1% is enough in itself to deserve Moore’s condemnation and that of the people occupying tents across the U.S., and Canada.

Moore himself has lumped all rich people together. So now that he's one of them, is he not guilty of the same crimes according to his own words?

That's the hypocritical part of the article.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I you think having a $2 million dollar house qualifies anyone to be in the 1%, you have absolutely no idea how incredibly much money the 1% really have.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

See it seemed to me like your point was saying (the bit I quoted anyway) that the working and middle classes suffer with huge taxes to pay for the free healthcare they receive, I was merely pointing out that this wasn't that case.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Fair enough and he still didn't show ANY of the downside of the situation [Sleight of hand] he purposely omits more than he claims to be revealing..

Sad but true. Anybody who looks at his films objectively can see it.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dude.. the headline is "Film Director Lives Like The 1% He Condemns."

That is wrong and absurd for a few reasons.
- He doesn't the 1% aren't millionaires (not doctors, not lawyers, not film makers)
- He isn't screwing over millions of people to make his money.

So, no, he doesn't live like the one percent. Which is what people are arguing. Not whether or not he is, even though it has been implied in this thread.
edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is silly, and a bash-fest called 'Let's-Jump-On-Michael Moore-Because-He's-Obese'.

As pointed out already, while he is indeed wealthy, he does not approach the "1%".

On the other hand, there is no doubt whatsoever that Warren Buffet does fall into that category. And, he (along with quite a few other upper echelon billionaires) are espousing much the same sentiment as Moore....not specifically in support of 'OWS', but in the concept of proper tax rates for everyone. Including himself (Buffet).

Might want to lower the rhetoric, due to any personal political leanings....because, that's how it comes off.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I am an objective watcher. I think he reveals more than he omits.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I am an objective watcher. I think he reveals more than he omits.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

To be honest, I really don't like Michael Moore, my post wasn't in defence of him, merely pointing out the misconception about Free Healthcare.

That's all.

Of course his films are biased, they're his films and he's trying make a point.... I don't think he starts any film off with "This is the absolute truth, my films are fair, objective and absolutely unbiased"

He's trying to make a point and uses whatever tactics to do so.

I don't like him but he does sometimes raise some issues and gets people talking and thinking about things.

But yeah, not for me really.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Of course his films are biased, they're his films and he's trying make a point.... I don't think he starts any film off with "This is the absolute truth, my films are fair, objective and absolutely unbiased"

He's trying to make a point and uses whatever tactics to do so.

THANK YOU!

At least one in the crowd will admit it. Honestly, I thought he made some good points in the movie. I did look at it objectively. But his underhanded tactics ruins his credibility and soiled whatever message he was trying to convey for me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join