It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore’s $2M Hypocrite House: Film Director Lives Like The 1% He Condemns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Michael Moore makes films for profit. From where I'm coming from he's in the 1 % and I'm pretty sure those who pay to see his movies aren't. How is he different from Disney and Spielberg et al? To me he's one and the same.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jude11

Dude.. the headline is "Film Director Lives Like The 1% He Condemns."

That is wrong and absurd for a few reasons.
- He doesn't the 1% aren't millionaires (not doctors, not lawyers, not film makers)
- He isn't screwing over millions of people to make his money.

So, no, he doesn't live like the one percent. Which is what people are arguing. Not whether or not he is, even though it has been implied in this thread.
edit on 16-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that's what the headlines states. Can't change that.

I do find it interesting that even tho there is no mention of him actually being the 1%, the thread went that way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So Porky has a big pen. He cant get through the door.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

That's foolish.
He is not the one percent.

He was from a middle class family. He made his first movie from 50,000 dollars he got from a wrongful firing lawsuit.
He used his money to make a movie. He then went on to make the highest grossing documentary of all time. He has two other documentaries in the top ten highest grossing. He has a couple million dollars that he uses to live and make movies. He isn't using it to directly influence nations and control the world.

The one percent are billionaires and ceo's of mega corporations that have a huge stake in the global economy. Not documentary film makers.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Because it's implied. I don't think there are any people living like the one percent that aren't actually a part of it.

Michael Moore lives nothing like the one percent.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldcoin

Regardless of whether his information is right or wrong, he is not the 1%

I bet if that fat slob put out an anti-OWS movie next week he'd be considered part of the 1%. Hell, OWS would be over there in no time taking a dump on his porch.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I bet if that fat slob....

I bet if that "fat slob" was, instead, a stunning blonde Marilyn Monroe lookalike, the vitriol and angst wouldn't quite bubble up as furiously as it is here.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He made his movie with 50 grand, see even that is about perspective. Who in the 99% has that much money to spend? He is certainly living a lifestyle completely different than the 99%.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why on earth would anybody want to house and feed marines? The Marines are brainwashed professional killers. If I showed up to your house expecting to be fed you'd call me a bum..But hey if I'm a Marine all of the sudden I'm a brother. GMAFB...

The US Marines deserve the shrapnel they get. Fighting fire with fire yer gonna get burned. Some of us advocate peace but Marines have never in the history of the core been involved with peace. You are a sick twisted deranged man. If you want to see what Marines do to better America go to Iraq. I triple dog dare you to go to Iran and scream from the top of your lungs "I love the united states Marines"

Really...It's time to grow up. Running around with guns and claiming to be divine warriors is sick. Screw the Marines...Tax dollars are wasted treating them for wounds which should eat them alive.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by seabag

I bet if that fat slob....

I bet if that "fat slob" was, instead, a stunning blonde Marilyn Monroe lookalike, the vitriol and angst wouldn't quite bubble up as furiously as it is here.

Yes, perhaps you are right....

Maybe if he wasn't such a propaganda machine churning out garbage every year the vitriol and angst wouldn't quite bubble up as furiously. That, coupled with the fact that he IS such a fat slob, makes it difficult.

There are entire sites dedicated to exposing his lies. You should check them out. He's nothing more than a liberal hit-man.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by OldCorp

Why on earth would anybody want to house and feed marines? The Marines are brainwashed professional killers. If I showed up to your house expecting to be fed you'd call me a bum..But hey if I'm a Marine all of the sudden I'm a brother. GMAFB...

The US Marines deserve the shrapnel they get. Fighting fire with fire yer gonna get burned. Some of us advocate peace but Marines have never in the history of the core been involved with peace. You are a sick twisted deranged man. If you want to see what Marines do to better America go to Iraq. I triple dog dare you to go to Iran and scream from the top of your lungs "I love the united states Marines"

Really...It's time to grow up. Running around with guns and claiming to be divine warriors is sick. Screw the Marines...Tax dollars are wasted treating them for wounds which should eat them alive.

Here's to your right to say such ridiculous crap!! Cheers!!

Your freedom is proudly brought to you by United States Marines and members of the US armed forces.

Ill take your rant as a thank-you.

You're welcome. 

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually...

There are entire sites dedicated to exposing his lies.

That was pretty light on actual "dirt" in an of his docus or books. It certainly spent the majority of its bile on personal and ad hom attacks though.

Rather typical right-smear tactics, in fact. Right out of "Turdblossom's"** play-book, actually?

(**)"Turdblossom"....aka "Bush's Brain".....aka Karl Rove. No piker himself, when it comes to girth, by the way. Just sayin'......

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
MM is not the 1% he earned his money being good as what he does and people paying for his films he didn't screw the government out of bailout money, he doesnt make backrooms deals with his banker buddies, he isnt a ceo of a multi-million/billion dollar company that is screwing people, stealing, poluting the earth for profit... things of that nature...

he makes money from making movies/boooks/website/appearances what he does with this money is up to him if he wants t obuy 50 houses he can... unless he starts buying them with government loans through non profits and defaulting on them then you shouldnt be worreid with what he spends his money on...

I am sure he could easily pay a little more taxes as with most multi millionairs...

I think that it is unfair of anyone to have over a certain amount of money no matter how they earn it...no one should have more money then they could ever spend in a 10 lifetimes when there pare people starving in the world and homeless...

for example if you have $100mil why do you need more.. that means you could spend $1mil a year for 100 years which no person could do because you wont live that long so really it means that you could easily spend $2mil a year for 50 years and most poeple would be dead by then unless you are under 30 with all that money...

so why do people need $50bil why can't their be a cap on the money your are allowed to have at lets say $1bil and any money over that you can give to your family members and if you run out of family or poeple you want to give it to the reast has to go into a fund to help people...

that would be to easy, it would fix every problem i n the world by the way but people are to greedy for this to ever happen...

I am not even saying you cant still earn money I just mean at any given time you cannot have more then $1bil in liquid assets so if you spend $10mil in a year and you can replace that $10mil with profits from your business that is fine as long as you don't have over $1bil

what is so bad about that, do people really need that much... i couldn't even imagine all the people I could help if I had even $100mil

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is something that bothers me to NO END.

First of all it's not the "1%" its the Far less than that, "they" are a fraction of 1%.

OWS, and other people that have similar thinking aren't against people just because they're rich!

They're against the people that manipulate the system, buy politicians... the lobbyists, the bad lawmakers!

So if you got rich by your own honest legal means then GREAT! Go buy that 1.2 million dollar house laced in gold!

Generalization is any easy thing to do if you don't want to actually think about the issue.
edit on 17-11-2011 by dannotz because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Here's the problem with your BS - and yeah, it's BS.

Michael Moore doesn't "condemn the wealthy."

He condemns people who use their wealth to make the lives of other people worse. Or who harm others in their pursuit of wealth.

My advice? Watch a few of his films. Maybe even read some of his books.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

That's foolish.
He is not the one percent.

He was from a middle class family. He made his first movie from 50,000 dollars he got from a wrongful firing lawsuit.
He used his money to make a movie. He then went on to make the highest grossing documentary of all time. He has two other documentaries in the top ten highest grossing. He has a couple million dollars that he uses to live and make movies. He isn't using it to directly influence nations and control the world.

The one percent are billionaires and ceo's of mega corporations that have a huge stake in the global economy. Not documentary film makers.

K..................

Going to OWS,and Im going to film a great pro-OWS documentary.

Im also going to keep the profits.(lest my split with conglomerate Gazillionares Movie Studio)

Will pander to my fellow 99ers

I will let you know when my second addition to my millionaire pad is completed.

I am 99%

Really..........................

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by goldcoin

Regardless of whether his information is right or wrong, he is not the 1%

I bet if that fat slob put out an anti-OWS movie next week he'd be considered part of the 1%. Hell, OWS would be over there in no time taking a dump on his porch.

He would probably do pretty good at the Box Office!

Just sayin..........

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'd say go for it, but i know you're far too lazy to actually have a go at it. Hey, prove me wrong. Let's see how Sonnnnnnnny-style journalism works

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

People WILLFULLY give him their money.

They aren't scammed out of it.

That's the most basic way i can put it.

And i don't care what anyone thinks about him or what he does, that doesn't change the fact that he has accumulated his money buy pursuing a hobby, an interest, and becoming successful because of that.

Isn't that the American dream?

edit on 17-11-2011 by dannotz because: and to an

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Realize this:

Somebody threw this this little piece of information out there in the hopes that someone would take the bait.

The real criminals spend most of their time trying to fill the world with false criminals.

Don't take the bait!

You should see the places where the real 1% live! You couldn't just walk up and take a picture because they are surrounded by walls and armed guards. They are afraid of us! They would never join in at a demonstration even as a publicity stunt.

Realize the depth of depravity that has made earth a hell. This guy doesn't even come close.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join