It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Support Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I posted this under another thread, but I think it will get lost so I am starting a new thread on the subject.

At what point will our military man up and actually do what they swore to do, defend and support the Constitution? They were never intended to be a mercenary force. They were meant to protect our country, our borders and our way of life. They were meant to DEFEND us, not attack others!

There is no treason in supporting our Constitution.
There is no treason in protecting the rights of your fellow citizens.
There is no treason is upholding the oath you took.

How about our members of the military grow some balls and actually defend what they swore an oath to.

Your oath compels you to defend us against a tyrannical government. your oath compels you to defend us against The Dpt. of Homeland Security and the TSA who bypass our constitutional rights in the name of terrorism. Your own government is now your enemy, not some guy in a turban 4,000 miles away. your government has abused it's powers and persecuted it's citizens. They have lived by a double set of rules thinking they were above reproach.

It's high time our military does what they are being paid to do. DEFEND US!!
edit on 11/16/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

How about our members of the military grow some balls and actually defend what they swore an oath to.

How about you grow some balls and join the military.
They don't send themselves to war, the government does.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Sorry, been there, done that.
When SHTF you can bet your ass I will be on the front lines!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Then why are you asking the military to grow balls? I don't understand?
They have no control over what they do in their service, they are owned by the government.
If you had balls, you would still be on the front lines.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Because their oath is to support and defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, both foreign and DOMESTIC. By allowing our government to strip our freedoms they are disobeying their oath. They do not need the POTUS or anyone else to tell them to do their job.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't ever see that happening. Generally speaking, the people in the military enlisted so they could shoot guns, blow stuff up and collect a paycheck. You seriously think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

As a veteran I must say you are ignorant and foolish.
The title of your post leads one to believe the military is ready to revolt against the government, which is not going to happen. I assume you are a supporter of occupy and you are just angry at everything and everybody. Maybe you should join the military I'm sure your outlook would dramatically change.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

Because their oath is to support and defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, both foreign and DOMESTIC. By allowing our government to strip our freedoms they are disobeying their oath. They do not need the POTUS or anyone else to tell them to do their job.

Hey do me a favor read the 4th amendment and give me a call...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
change your thread title.

its completely misleading.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I would hope they do. When I took my oath, I took it seriously. I am willing to die to support it. I still live by that oath. I am active in my countries political process. I am active in supporting candidates that follow the same oath as I do. I would venture to guess that probably 90% of the people on ATS that bitch about losing freedoms and violated rights have done nothing more patriotic than to bitch here. Talk is cheap. Anyone can type a post. It takes a man to stand up and say enough is enough!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I would hope they do. When I took my oath, I took it seriously. I am willing to die to support it. I still live by that oath. I am active in my countries political process. I am active in supporting candidates that follow the same oath as I do. I would venture to guess that probably 90% of the people on ATS that bitch about losing freedoms and violated rights have done nothing more patriotic than to bitch here. Talk is cheap. Anyone can type a post. It takes a man to stand up and say enough is enough!

exactly....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

No, I do not support OWS. However, I will give them props for at least having the balls to organize and let their discord be heard.

What are you doing?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

All you are doing is bitching on here,
Anyone can type a post.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I'm not really that angry... So I really don't need to do much except vote next year :-/ sorry you are so angry... do you have someone you can talk to?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Don't need to talk to anyone.
If you are not angry over our current status in this country, then you obviously agree with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I don't see what I am or am not agreeing to... My way of life here is way better than what I saw overseas fighting for this Country... Which makes it hard to believe that you served in the military with the way and what you are speaking about.. I do not even want combat vets to become police officers due to infringements of our rights... You are talking about another civil war... Why would I want that? I don't want blood shed on my home...

thats just my opinion though.. I'm still on the nets, still seeing movies and playing video games, working hard yes but thats just the times... wake up and realize half of your problems are controllable

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

The status quo. Maybe when they come and rip your controller from your hands it'll get your attention. Just because I have it better than some other nation o earth does not mean I am willing to give up my rights and my freedoms.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Oh I agree... But right now its all speculation... When they come rip the controller from my hand then it'll be time to fight (that would mean theres a bus coming to take me away) until that day though, we can still argue about this on the internet and in most countries this kind of talk would get you thrown in the Gulag!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't know man.
I joined to support my country. Despite the shortcomings this is my home and I will defend it at all costs. If I get to blow something up in the process then so be it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

exactly... Support the country, with the flaws right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join