It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, let's come back to being human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wars have always happened.

Desensitising people has become the norm.

I would like people to get back to humanity.

Especially young people - because these people are going to grow up distanced from each other, and when you have people like this you have huge social problems.

I blame technology - phones.

When young people spend all their time on their phones they are ignoring the world.

And these are our future adults.

They will know nothing about the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I blame technology - phones.

We'd still be, shoot 1st ask names later, if we didn't invent phones.

When young people spend all their time on their phones they are ignoring the world.

Very true, but TV already destroyed any chance of their "paying attention."

And these are our future adults. They will know nothing about the world.

They will know how to function, survive, and be just like everyone else around them, because the nail that sticks out the farthest is the 1st to get whacked... we're going to get whacked anyway, so why not join together and avoid the hammer all together?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

it couldn't be the culture of greed, where entertainment revolves around abusing and humiliating others, where crime is acceptable so long as you're wealthy, homelessness is a moral sin worthy of death, and bullying someone to suicide is okay so long as you think jesus is cool with it.

It's gotta be them dang-fangled new phone gizmos, what with all them thar doohickies and all!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
to do that you would have to entirely restart western - and american culture in particular.. the desensitizing starts during childhood with toy guns, television programs filled with violence, movies filled with violence, violent rap lyrics, the constant propaganda from the government over how evil the rest of the world is and that the rest of the world is all out to kill them, its a culture there where people think violence will solve any problem rather than using open dialogue and compromise to reach common ground and peaceful resolutions to problems..
the pursuit of money and material goods takes precedence over compassion and humanity..

Sadly the culture of greed, materialism, violence and death is too deeply rooted there and will never change..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OK.

Let us see how these kids turn out.

And the next generation.

Totally hideous movies about zombies all the time, texting all the time...

Really negative stuff.

Our new generations need positive input. But we sit on our butts and allow them to be brainwashed by negatives.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I understand exactly why you say that you blame technology. I however think that this is a smaller part of a much larger and ominous threat. In my opinion the simplest way to describe it would be the death of consciousness. No, I stand correct that. Consciousness can not be killed per se, but people can be so far removed from it that they loose pieces of their humanity. They become apathetic to others, spiritually they are divorced from the very essence of what makes us feel. They ignore the little voice in their head that tells them that what they just did is wrong. This I believe is where a large bulk of the blame lies.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritualWarrior888

Yes, Spiritual,

It is apathy that is the killer - and being removed from caring about others.

Right back to technology - phones and killer games - and zombie movies.

That is what is killing our world - because these things are annihilating our young people.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
OK.

Let us see how these kids turn out.

And the next generation.

Totally hideous movies about zombies all the time, texting all the time...

Really negative stuff.

Our new generations need positive input. But we sit on our butts and allow them to be brainwashed by negatives.

So you intend to sit back and watch it happen? If it bothers you, get off your arse and do something about it.

You have nothing constructive to say, seems to me, from your attitude, that it is no wonder kids around you are that way, what positives are you giving them to allieviate the negatives in your own life. Tone of this post I've quoted, would suggest bot-all. Set an example before you go criticising others. Your generation, whatever that may be, or your attitude in particular, seems nothing to aspire to.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I don't think you can just blame technology. Little boys have been playing 'killer games' throughout history with toy swords and slings, equally as much you can't blame zombie films, when death, disease and bloody violence has been depicted in plays since the birth of theatrics, nothing has changed. As for phones, I can communicate with people who live thousands of miles away that I haven't seen in years I hardly call that a negative.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Nobody ever stopped being human. This is what we are.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The problem with all the technology we've adapted is we don't know the knock-on effects.

Chemicals, technologies, new ways of life...these things all have long-term effects (not to mention interactions with each other) about which we are totally clueless.

I was complaining about this to a friend once and he said, "yes, but sometimes the door opens and we have to go through it because that's what humanity does."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yeah, but what's actually happening? How are they being brainwashed in the first place? Since when does being exposed to a different philosophy than yours turn you into a blind follower of that new philosophy?

For example: If you believe in monogamy, you should be able to watch a How I Met Your Mother marathon, laugh at Barney's womanizing antics, and walk away with your original beliefs still intact.

I spend most of the day attached to a laptop, tv, cel phone, Playstion Portable, etc. but if I see a 2-year old wounded from getting run over in the street, I AM going to call 9-1-1.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really don't get HOW people allow themselves to be de-sensitized.
edit on 16-11-2011 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I totally agree with the comment you made about not knowing the affects of all the technology. People do not see that thinks like 700 dollar cell phones(smart phones), and all these nifty little gadgets that we have become dependent one are here to distract us. The are like shiny, beeping, buzzing, whirling, chirping toys Designed to keep us from looking where we really need to be looking,WITHIN. The more we focus on all the outside stimuli dangled in front of the masses by those that are in control, the more we forget about all those things that help us really connect with other human beings. The further into apathy we will slip. The youth is just a reflection of this. I see 7 year old's with cell phones now.

I am not saying that technology is all to blame, but it is part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritualWarrior888
...looking where we really need to be looking,WITHIN.

100 stars for you! You totally hit the nail on the head. If I go too long without meditating or writing in my journal, processing my thoughts about life and such, I start to get really irritable. Then I start focusing on stupid trivial things, like how much I dislike reality shows, lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ehhm - if i remember correctly ,lots of very very bad stuff was done in mass ,to people by people, when drums communication was considered high technology. Actually it is a bit better now, clearly not enough.
People do not need to "come back". Actually people need to go forward. And judging from history it will be slow crawl.

top topics

join