It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sheriffs Rise Up Against Federal Government: Sheriff Threatens Feds With SWAT Team

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Sorry, but I asked for a legal reference, and an ATS thread is not a legal reference. Neither is the PoliticalVelCraft blog, which entirely misunderstands Printz, and it goes on to cite the completely imaginary court decision which was publicly debunked by the very judge who supposedly issued it. I posted the link to that debunking, hosted on the official court web site, so all can see that any reference to the "decision" in 96-CV-099 is deceitful. I hope you will read the letter and stop deceiving people.

Since we apparently are using ATS threads as legal references, I suggest you go back to the thread you quoted and scroll down to this message. I think it covers everything.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

The thread references the court case. Here, I'll post it for you to READ:

Case No. 2:96-cv-099-J (2006)
"The court confirms and asserts that “the duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement official within a county and has law enforcement powers EXCEEDING that of any other state OR federal official.”"

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If in fact the sheriffs have this power, maybe this is an opportunity for OWS to change tactics.

Get the sheriffs to do the dirty work for us, while we stand right there with them backing them up. At each locale have a meeting and find common ground on one thing the feds are doing in the community and/or state that they have no right doing. Then have a spokesperson approach the sheriff with documentation in hand regarding the actions of those sheriffs in the article and then see if s/he will also support similar actions with respect to the common ground that was reached earlier. If the sheriff is willing, then ask if they would also try to get other sheriff departments over the state to in effect form a coalition throughout the state to protect each other from the feds.

I think this is one of the pitfalls of OWS, there is not enough unity within the community. If a grassroots thing like this could get started, then the people would have the sheriff doing the speaking for the community. Much easier to get a message across that way. It will also build the unity within the communities to really make things happen. It will also start rebuilding some trust between the citizens and leo. Part of the problem OWS is having is that it is hard to cleanup the neighborhood if your own house is dirty. In order to succeed, OWS must have the will of the people, and if supported by local leo then all the much better.

Edit:
One thing that could happen is where ever these events have occurred, get OWS to move some people to the sheriff departments. Not in protest, but in support of the department. Not a lot, but enough to have a presence but not enough to be an obstacle to the people they are supporting. There is a lot of opportunity here if OWS chooses to capitalize on it and the infiltrators will not be as effective.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hmm, so what happens when the feds send in the US military to scatter that swat team into little pieces of meat with a C-130 from 5 miles away? Violate posse comatatus much?

War between the military and the police would be the best thing to happen to this country since the establishment of the Federal Reserve in 1913. But hey, the police have tanks now. I wonder sometimes if the tanks were never meant for use against citizens, but against the military- if it came down to it. And all that armor protecting their tiny little crotches, which get even smaller with every OWS protestor they beat up and shoot at.
And those mean ole battle shotguns. And those nasty tasers. Oh, those police are soooo tough.

Frankly, I hope they all kill each other. Then maybe we can finally get the fricken government off our backs and send what's left to protect the damn borders- where they should have been all along.

/sane insanity.

I say dissolve the Federal Government. We don't need them. The states would do just fine on their own, and probably much better.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ghost33

In the hours following the Jared Loughner incident the sheriif of Pima county admitted that Jared had "made threats to kill in the past." After the FEDs (FBI) and in my view others at very high federal levels "spoke" with him he totally reversed that story. His statements about prior threats were made on live news video so he could hardly deny it, yet after the cleanup crew swept through no one wanted to talk about it. FEDs have considerable sway with local jurisdictions. The yocals think they can get away with standing up to the FEDs because they have no experience with doing so and they for the most part are sheeple like the rest of the sheeple. A rude awakening generally follows.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You are a little off on some points:

The C-130 is a transport platform. You mean the AC-130 variant.

Defense Authorization Act of 2007 (H.R.5122) nullifies posse comitatus in the event of a national emergency, which can be declared by the president at his discretion.

A couple of problems with your war between police & military fantasy:

1. Many cops are ex military; many cops are also reserve
2. Many of the largest precincts have received Fed $ in recent years in order to militarize their force.

The locals are in fact becoming an extension of the Fed's force. As local
bases of revenue increasingly suffer from budgetary shortfalls the local PDs increasingly find themselves running to the open arms and deep pockets of Uncle Sham.

edit on 15-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is why you will see a reduction in local law enforcement and the introduction of the TSA everywhere in the USA...... The police state can only exist if there are enough corrupt enforcers of the federal law vs others doing community policing ......

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
With this as one of the blog headlines on that website, I think we should probably get another source that confirms this meeting of sheriff's took place....lol:

Breaking => Mother Of Obama's Murdered Gay Partner Speaks Up ~ All 3 Homosexual Members Of Obama's Trinity Church Murdered Within 6 Weeks.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli (and everybody else)

Thanks for posting and taking on this fight.

I really hate it when someone starts a thread with an amazing announcement and claims it comes from a Supreme Court case. And for some reason it comes from sovereign citizens. I haven't seen them right yet.
(Please excuse the hostility, my head hurts.)

Of course you're right, here's a link to Printz: Printz v. United States

Printz says several things but the point was that Congress cannot pass a law requiring Sheriffs to fufill the requirements of the Brady Bill requiring background checks for gun sales.

There was nothing in Printz, or any other mentioned case, that says Sheriffs can order federal agents around. For example, there's a complaint about discrimination in a Sheriff's office. Federal agents will come in to investigate, whether the Sheriff likes it or not. Or the post office in town. Postal inspectors will take care of any crime affecting the mails or attacks on workers, whatever the Sheriff wants is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Incredible. With all these nonsense medical dispensary raids occurring, it really is time for the local police and people to say enough is enough. The feds are nothing now but sniveling, liberty-infringing creatures; a conglomerate of hypocrites, greed-singularities and brain-dead scum serving the corporate interest. Bless these sheriffs; and godspeed. =]

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is so exciting,,,,, nothing more would bring a warm fuzzy feeling inside me than to see one of these S.W.A.T. sheriffs slam one of these fed agents around, and cuff him up..

seems things are getting real.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Breaking => Mother Of Obama's Murdered Gay Partner Speaks Up ~ All 3 Homosexual Members Of Obama's Trinity Church Murdered Within 6 Weeks.

I'm shocked.

I always heard this was true.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

The thread references the court case. Here, I'll post it for you to READ:

Case No. 2:96-cv-099-J (2006)
"The court confirms and asserts that “the duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement official within a county and has law enforcement powers EXCEEDING that of any other state OR federal official.”"

For the third and final time, that is an imaginary decision. It was made up by conspiracy theorists. The judge who supposedly handed down that decision has gone to the unusual measure of publicly disavowing the internet lies about the case. The court did not confirm or assert anything, it dismissed the case. Here, once again, is the judge's letter, which totally debunks the imaginary court decision. I have given up all hope that you will read it and cease your deceptive claims, but perhaps an energetic defense of the truth will convince other people not to be deceived by you. Here, I'll post it for anyone who cares to read:

This Court has never issued an order which would serve to limit the lawful activities and duties of federal law enforcement officers and other federal employees in the District of Wyoming.

Furthermore, this Court has never made the comments attributed to it which purports to advise state officers they can prohibit federal law enforcement officers or agents from entering a Wyoming County. Those alleged quotations are utterly false.

Any person who interferes with federal officers in performance of their duties subjects themselves to the risk of criminal prosecution.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Oh man! What an article and what a find! S&F! I think I'm gonna cry again....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, so what happens when the feds send in the US military to scatter that swat team into little pieces of meat with a C-130 from 5 miles away? Violate posse comatatus much?

That's not a violation of Posse Comitatus at all. When local or state authorities make it impossible for federal laws to be enforced, that place is in a state of insurrection. The Insurrection Act applies, and the federal government is well within its rights to bring the military in and restore federal authority. If you don't believe me, ask Orval Faubus. He called out the Arkansas National Guard to prevent the feds from enforcing a Supreme Court ruling, so the President simply federalized them and sent in the 101st Airborne.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I hate to break up a good thread that has alot of people feeling good but the fact is that this entire thing has gained momentum off of false assertions.

The case where the court decided the sheriffs had jurisdiction over federal agents was satire and embelishment as admitted by the OPs own source.

The lead story PLEA SE READ is an internet embellishment followed by " THE REAL STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED ".

Any county, state or local official that interferes with a federal officer on legitimate duty will be not only arrested but prosecuted to the full extent of the law with there county's and state full endorsement. Please, do some research before you start hooping and hollering about some bs thread with no sources other than internet satire.

Besides, the states final legal authority lies with the state police, not the county sheriff...... If the State itself is sovereign, exactly why in the hell is a county sheriff more in charge than the POTUS? If it becomes a state matter then it would come down to the Governor and the states primary police force, the state police...... Where exactly do the sheriffs come in again..... Pffff, give me a break.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm this about Plumas County, it would be great if it's true

I checked the headlines on google news and the only site I can find reporting (or should I say repeating) the story is America freepress americanfreepress.net...

I really hope the OP is accurate

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
By the lack of response and confirmation I take it this is fake?

Nothing on www.plumasnews.com... either but a whole load of other news about Plumas County Sheriff and Police

I hate these fake stories that get your hope up one minute and then right back down the next

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The Police are just one layoff away from joining us!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join