It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military training and it's effect on humans

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Congrats Op...

You succeeded in your troll thread to draw out every military hater on this site. You have managed to get 41 pages of your fellow military hating brethren to reply. You get 1 million internet points for your accomplishment.

Go whine and cry to your therapist...or get a straw and suck it up.

it's not really the OPs fault he asked a valid question and for a while this was a decent thread. You are correct about how it has drawn out all the military hater trolls. You will find that they are not from the United States. There is one guy who claimed to be from Texas but was lying is from the UK I believe. He is the one that supports terrorists and is glad that the twin towers were destroyed. This thread has strayed so far from the topic the OP started with that is pitiful.

Now that haters are just trying to bait those of us who have served our country or have any pride in our country into a mudslinging contest. For a while this thread was closed but don't know why they reopened it even the OP said at one point that he had gotten his answer and didn't see why this thread was still here so it is not really his fault. The OP was just going through a tough time and looking for answeres if you read his original post.

It is best just to ignore the anti-American anti-military rhetoric from those pushing their agenda on here. Some of them I believe wear tinfoil hats so there'll never be any getting through to them. Just try to ignore the people who support terrorism they are not worth your time, hopefully they will be picked up by the authoritys one day. It's a OPSEC mission waiting to happen.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah but "friendlies" are eyeballing Vets in that sweep just by those very virtues.I hope the guys inside are covering us.These govt folks appear to be off the reservation.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Congrats Op...

You succeeded in your troll thread to draw out every military hater on this site. You have managed to get 41 pages of your fellow military hating brethren to reply. You get 1 million internet points for your accomplishment.

I take it that You are a military minded sort?
I too would congratulate the Op in drawing out all the military minded types to reveal their feelings.
It is clear that such feel they have SERVED their countries, that they feel they have in some way done an honourable thing in been in the military.
that they have in some way protected their country.
The list is endless of basically how they try to justify MURDER.
They try to remove their personal responsibilities onto others, mostly politicians, and thus use the pathetic excuse that they were only doing as ordered.

They have not served their countries, they have served their masters who contol them.
They have been PAID to do the killings on behalf of their masters who make vast profits from such.
They have dragged their countries to it's kneees in debt, they have reduced their countries to been all about imperialistic invasion forces...alll hiding behind the word DEFENSE.
What utter crap.
gravitor

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

It is best just to ignore the anti-American anti-military rhetoric from those pushing their agenda on here. Some of them I believe wear tinfoil hats so there'll never be any getting through to them. Just try to ignore the people who support terrorism they are not worth your time, hopefully they will be picked up by the authoritys one day. It's a OPSEC mission waiting to happen.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

Oh mate, I'm sorry, but you're so wrong. Sure, I let the dark side get the better of me and responded using my animal nature rather than my human nature , to a lot of the responses, but I still stand by the essence of those replies, which was that the military mindset is killing humanity (in a nutshell). It's a shame you see it as a troll thread rather than a valid topic for debate, but that is, I guess, par for the course in the training.

For the record, I'm not anti-American, I know some really nice Canadians and Mexicans and Venezuelans, and Chileans, and (yikes!) even some really cool and nice people from the U.S.A! However, I do not like what the United States Government has propagated by way of foreign policy, and if one looks at its history, even in domestic policy, undertaking genocide and torture as a matter of course since the very 'discovery' of the continent. This, of course, does have to have some sort of reflection upon the people, for standing silently amidst the outrage is almost as culpable as taking part, and is not a dissenting voice. I know there ARE dissenting voices, brave voices , but they get drowned out, unfortunately amidst the hard sell propaganda that we, overseas, are subject to.
Who supports terrorism? Certainly not I. Certainly not many in my country. Sure you could find some who do, but you would find it much harder ( but not impossible, sadly) to find that my government supports it, unlike the object and outright support and promulgation of terrorism, both foreign and domestic, that the United States of America supports.

Like it or lump it, that is the fact of YOUR country.
I have no tinfoil hat, just a healthy dose of perspective, and it makes me sad.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Yeah but "friendlies" are eyeballing Vets in that sweep just by those very virtues.I hope the guys inside are covering us.These govt folks appear to be off the reservation.

What do you mean by the friendlies eyeballing us? You lost me there. If your talking about so called friendly nations that we have bailed out time and time again I get ya. Isn't strange how those from the UK talk so much smack but if it wasn't for the US they would all be speaking German right now. They hate us until they need us. Actualy they need us right now as far as a monetary bail out but I don't think it is going to happen. I hope not. As far as the troops still in don't worry they are got our backs. I have a few friends still in that stay in touch with. Uniforms have changed and the equipment but there still AA Red White and Blue all the way. For those back here there staying proficient in there field and those still deployed they keeping frosty day to day. We just need to stay on top of this election.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Isn't strange how those from the UK talk so much smack but if it wasn't for the US they would all be speaking German right now.

I'm not from the U.K., but as an English speaker I suggest you study linguistics and the history of the English language.
edit on 19-1-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

What do you mean by the friendlies eyeballing us? You lost me there. If your talking about so called friendly nations that we have bailed out time and time again I get ya. Isn't strange how those from the UK talk so much smack but if it wasn't for the US they would all be speaking German right now. They hate us until they need us. Actualy they need us right now as far as a monetary bail out but I don't think it is going to happen. I hope not. As far as the troops still in don't worry they are got our backs. I have a few friends still in that stay in touch with. Uniforms have changed and the equipment but there still AA Red White and Blue all the way. For those back here there staying proficient in there field and those still deployed they keeping frosty day to day. We just need to stay on top of this election.

The delusion is amazing.
If YOUR corperate system hadn't organised the start of world war two, countless millions including many of my relatives would not be rotted away in shallow graves.
Americas corperate war machine backed both sides, they would not care what language anyone speaks as they operate globally.
They then back the winning side, and paint the loosers as evil.
The German soldiers were just as DELUDED as YOU are, they were trained to think they were serving the FATHERLAND.
Thats what this thread is all about....the delusion created by the training to make the military feel special, and as though they are SERVING , they are not, just as the German soldiers were not serving their country, they were serving a tiny minority with zionist ( not simply jews) global agendas.
The mlitary are trained mugs...total cannon fodder ...totally expendable.
WAKE UP.
gravitor

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Oh mate, I'm sorry, but you're so wrong. Sure, I let the dark side get the better of me and responded using my animal nature rather than my human nature , to a lot of the responses, but I still stand by the essence of those replies, which was that the military mindset is killing humanity (in a nutshell). It's a shame you see it as a troll thread rather than a valid topic for debate, but that is, I guess, par for the course in the training.

For the record, I'm not anti-American, I know some really nice Canadians and Mexicans and Venezuelans, and Chileans, and (yikes!) even some really cool and nice people from the U.S.A! However, I do not like what the United States Government has propagated by way of foreign policy, and if one looks at its history, even in domestic policy, undertaking genocide and torture as a matter of course since the very 'discovery' of the continent. This, of course, does have to have some sort of reflection upon the people, for standing silently amidst the outrage is almost as culpable as taking part, and is not a dissenting voice. I know there ARE dissenting voices, brave voices , but they get drowned out, unfortunately amidst the hard sell propaganda that we, overseas, are subject to.
Who supports terrorism? Certainly not I. Certainly not many in my country. Sure you could find some who do, but you would find it much harder ( but not impossible, sadly) to find that my government supports it, unlike the object and outright support and promulgation of terrorism, both foreign and domestic, that the United States of America supports.

Like it or lump it, that is the fact of YOUR country.
I have no tinfoil hat, just a healthy dose of perspective, and it makes me sad.

The Congress authority in the hands of the soldier! Making us go on to each other like tools of Chaos. If you look sick they are going to kill you (sanity is a principle yet to be shown by the commandos.) Oo-rah, slay and betray the principle of humanity. Canada may be a good get away idea from the chirping war squirrels who are gone nuts (I defected.)

Shelter boot backpackers that do push-ups those are hard. Keep out of the Picot crap and carnage of Babel wars.
edit on 19-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I wash.
I watch.
I was.

Aotearoa.
Never again Colonial War.

Never again the worship of Colon: warfare, death, mutual ejaculation of excitement and dishonorably male endeavour of death.

Your Military endeavour is a bunch of arse.

I saw a Hercules go overhead this evening. Beginning of the end-of-Summer shift. Put your goodwill towards this, for scientific endeavour, not gain.

So much potential, yet so much spent in shame.

Sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Congrats Op...

Yeah, I think you kinda missed the point and also failed to read through all the posts, particulary the ones I made.
I had no idea this thread would turn into the monster it has and untill people started getting all angry it was a pretty good discussion.

I tried to make it clear that i hate the whole transitional period after basic, and i thought i made it clear that most return to normal after a while.

We live in a world where it is unfortunatly nessecary for brave and honest men and women to undergo such dramatic changes (i speak of the more negative ones)
This is what really bothers me.. the fact that this is required in the first place.

You can't blame me for the extremist points of view outlined by other posters here, i just made a simple thread expressing my saddness and anger about the reality of this situation and never intended it to get so wildly out of control.

Frankly, i'm suprised the mods opened it back up again as it seems pretty probable that it will likely degenerate back to name calling and open hate.

And before you bad-mouth me, at least read all of my comments, not just the OP. and if you still think i'm being entirely unreasonable then go right ahead and send me angry U2U's as there isn't much point in putting these thoughts into the actual thread.

If you read all of my comments you'd see that i am not stubborn in my beliefs and my mind can be changed with reasonable arguments.

I never said I 'Hate' the military but i did say i 'Hate' SOME of the preliminary effects it has on people and the fallout of these effects on their friends and families.

This thread was never intended as a 'Troll' thread, i was being honest and genuine about my opinions and the feelings i had at the time.

I could sit here and type a bunch of angry rebuff but i don't really see the point, the fact is that you've clearly mis-read what i was trying to say because i never intended to garner that kind of response... therefore your emotional response is not based in my intentions but rather your own.

In Lamans terms, you being angry is YOUR problem, not mine, i never asked for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

You really need to take a break and go push your agenda elsewhere. No vet/currently enlisted cares what the hell you think. You can say all the bull you want, we love what we do, that's why we do it. Just like any other god damn job. You act like everyone in the military has seen combat, let alone killed someone. That's laughable. You are aware there's four branches, right?

I get mass respect when I come home on leave with my Service Alphas on. Do you really think we care about what the select few Westboro-wannabes on the internet think of us? Any military member has some of the most well respected professions available. It's not about risking our life for the government. Combat is about risking your life for the guys next to you. You don't understand #, yet you speak like you know it all.

You need to get real son.

Once you realize how hard it is to change yourself. You will realize what little hope you have of changing others. Ben Franklin

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

You really need to take a break and go push your agenda elsewhere. No vet/currently enlisted cares what the hell you think. You can say all the bull you want, we love what we do, that's why we do it. Just like any other god damn job. You act like everyone in the military has seen combat, let alone killed someone. That's laughable. You are aware there's four branches, right?

I get mass respect when I come home on leave with my Service Alphas on. Do you really think we care about what the select few Westboro-wannabes on the internet think of us? Any military member has some of the most well respected professions available. It's not about risking our life for the government. Combat is about risking your life for the guys next to you. You don't understand #, yet you speak like you know it all.

You need to get real son.

Well sunny boy, I will tell My grand children that You think that.
"I get mass respect"
That is part of the mass brainwashing that has been undertaken, those who so respect You are just as deluded as You.
We love what We do"
Now where getting down to the real stuff, You LOVE IT.
"Combat is about risking Your life for the guys next to You"
And that really displays how well You have been indoctrinated.
"No vet/enlisted cares aHELL what You think"
Again You are demonstrating that You are not listening to the PEPLE....WE THE PEOPLE, You are so well indoctrinated into only caring for Your team about You.
Thank You for so well demonstrating the methods that are employed to insulate You frm reality, and instead embroiling You in this murderous elite mentality..

WE the PEOPLE are who YOU are supposed to be serving .
WAKE UP.
Gravitor

i]Once you realize how hard it is to change yourself. You will realize what little hope you have of changing others. Ben Franklin

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

YOU do not speak for the people. YOU speak for YOU. Sorry, but if the people wanted to speak out we'd be seeing an anti-war movement like back in the Nam days.

You see that going on?
I sure as hell don't.

"indoctrinated"
lol, it's called brotherhood.
edit on 20-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

YOU do not speak for the people. YOU speak for YOU. Sorry, but if the people wanted to speak out we'd be seeing an anti-war movement like back in the Nam days.

You see that going on?
I sure as hell don't.

"indoctrinated"

A BROTHERHOOD.
Oh I fully comprehend that.
Thank You for admitting such, it is at the heart of the subject of this thread, because it was clear You were defending the actions of such a brotherhood.
You are truly deluded in thinking that the PEOPLE support such, they are well conditioned and distracted into believing what they are TOLD.

What do YOU feel about the Muslim Brotherhood?
gravitor

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I care about as much about the muslim brotherhood as I care about your opinion - not at all.

Your problem is you seem to care too much about what other people do when it affects you in no way. You sit here on ATS and whine about it, why don't you get out and do something about it if you're so opposed to it?

Once again, I ask, do you see massive anti war protests such as in the Vietnam era?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You see that going on?
I sure as hell don't.

"indoctrinated"

He does not speak for the people especially anyone from the United States. I do not know anyone in the United States that are like the anti-soldier types on here. It is no use arguing with a tinfoil hat wearing type of person that claims that US corporations started World War II, trust me there will be no getting through to them.

You have my support and that of all veterans that came before you pluss most of the country besides a few nut jobs.

Try to ignore the posts from those who are not in the United States, that is what I have been doing. My hopes are that they will get the hint and kick rocks. Otherwise if you respond to them they will just try to drag you into an argument.

I see your stationed in Japan. I had a layover there for about five days when I PCSed to Korea. The short time I was there I had a lot of fun but as far as I know you do not have any Army bases there. Marines, Air Force, Navy, but no Army. It would have been a fun tour I always thought.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thanks brother. Yeah I've honestly never met anyone in the states who doesn't support the troops besides the westboro crazies, and even those I've only seen on the news. Everyone else seems to find their way onto ATS only

Oki isn't too bad. Kinda boring sometimes but there's some good bars here. Chow sucks though. 29 Stumps was better and that's saying a lot
. But yeah, I don't think there's any Army bases out here.

We get to do some cool stuff like SPIE rigging, beach raids and jungle survival/warfare type stuff. The scenery is awesome. I think I'd enjoy visiting as a civilian a lot more.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here's something forYou BROTHERS to watch, if You have the balls???????
www.youtube.com...
It's someone who describes Himself as been a member of seal team nine, and what has occured to Him.
How He flew the tomahawk missiles into countless innocent villages in many middle east countries.
The interesting part is how the military tried to break Him as He left, and what He considers the general population of America know .
I doubt Your brainwashing will allow You BROTHERS to watch.
gravitor
edit on 20-1-2012 by gravitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Have you spoken to my mother about this?

She thinks I came out of the Marines angry.

I was already pissed before I went in.

All jokes aside, I still find myself calling upon the training I received - in general life - not fighting wars.
edit on 15-11-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

I feel you, I was angry before I went into the military and still angry to this day.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
if you have never been in the military or associated closely with someone who is in, you have no idea what it is like. Do you think we WANT to leave our friends and family behind? I can assure you that when I had to leave my children behind for a year, I did not do this with a light heart. The military is a culture of strict rules and regulations, where you are told what to wear, how to wear it, sometimes even who you can or can not talk to. Your every move is monitored to ensure that everyone is treated the same, yet different at the same time due to factors such as rank. Officers and Enlisted are not to become friends even though often the only difference is officers come in with college degrees while enlisted do not (although many enlisted are quick to remedy that situation). This is by no means a system meant for eveyone. It's like you have to give up your individualism to ensure the freedoms of tha american people, even though in doing so we lose many of those same rights. After 16 years we (myself and the military)came to the conclusion that I couldn't assimalate. Don't be too angry with your friends just try to understand that they "ARE" a part of this system and until they leave the service, their lives are not their own. They belong to the military, the american people. We try our best to be our best for you. At any time we can be called upon to make the ULTIMATE sacrifice, as have many in the past. They are following orders, doing the job they are paid to do. I have a lot of issues with the military but having been on that side of the fence I totally understand.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join