It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The net worth of all members of congress rose 25% over the last few years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The average wealth of Congress is actually FAR lower than I thought it would be. 3.5 million isn't really all that much anymore. Still, in two years a 25% upsurge in accumulated wealth is rather surprising. Those are some great investment firms they're working with
I wonder if they get rich by selling us out.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What are you telling me that politicians don't always tell the thruth and and is not for justice and liberty for all? No I belive in the american dream where everybody gets what they deserve and all politicians always tell the thruth and the poor is poor because they are lazy. FOX have told me this and they don't lie. I think I read a thread somewhere that Switzerland was in bed with Iran and was helping them get weapons of mass destruction so I think we need to Invade them to make sure not more weapons appear around the world. They don't have oil but the have a lot of banks and if we liberate them for the people we might be able to get some of the nazi gold that are in the banks. Don't worry Switzerland is neutral and crearly a threat to the rest of our allies in Europe. They need to be libarated and forced to join EU as their people clearly want.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I would guess that a lot of the wealth they "use" isn't actually "theirs".

Like 'company jets' they get rides on that their buddies arrange for them, etc. This isn't considered their actual wealth but they sure partake in it all of the time. So it should be considered.

Also the biggest possible benefit would be after they are no longer in government, and they would be granted excellent jobs in the private corporate industry as board members etc, and that is where the real $$ starts rolling in.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any studies/reports showing the wealth of these politicians after they leave office over a period of decades? Now that would be interesting to look into.

Of course, we can go through individuals who served during the 80s or 90s and review each case one at a time through sources like wikipedia or whatever, and determine such information this way, but it is not compiled or organized in any relevant way and it would be akin to trekking through the jungle with a machete. Not an easy endeavor.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Perks of the job being added into this would be staggering. Healthcare costs alone for congress are probably insane, not to mention travel. They should just use Skype like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The net worth of all members of congress rose 25% over the last few years. At the same time
Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels - 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What shall we do to stop the madness?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I dunno but I don't think occupying everything is going to work. We need to occupy DC with some fresh blood in my opinion, get rid of the old guard with our votes.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I dunno but I don't think occupying everything is going to work. We need to occupy DC with some fresh blood in my opinion, get rid of the old guard with our votes.

When has that ever worked? Not trying to be argumentative, it's just that... well... When has that ever worked?

new topics

top topics

join